Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:49:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286807 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Movies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Shark Tale Promotes an Anti-Family Agenda
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shark Tale Promotes an Anti-Family Agenda  (Read 1634 times)
jtbrown1999

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2004, 02:44:04 PM »

I don’t know if anyone has seen the new Finding Nemo knock-off called Shark Tale, but I was shocked and appalled when I saw it with my six year-old this weekend. Not only does it portray Italians, African-Americans, and Hispanic-Americans

I also find very disturbing the stealth promotion of the agendas that put in peril the bedrock foundation of the family through characters such as Lenny. In an era where family values are under siege from the relentless attacks of the forces of moral and social disintegration with their so-called progressive agenda and their activist allies in judiciaries such as Massachusetts', Hollywood continues, its efforts to ram down America's throats concepts it clearly believes are immoral.

I understand that homosexuality, unfortunately, has hit the mainstream, but I would like to think there are still some things I can do with my son that are free of anti-family undertones and unnecessary stereotypes. I guess I can scratch Steven Spielberg and DreamWorks off the family-friendly list.

Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.

Songs of Solomon 2:15
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 06:33:36 PM »

Angry We haven't seen it, yet! Sounds like we'll be disappointed!

jtbrown1999

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 11:44:32 AM »

Good thing! I'd recommend spending your money on something else.

Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.

Songs of Solomon 2:15
Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

We'll party like we're dead.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 04:51:01 PM »

Not only does it portray Italians, African-Americans, and Hispanic-Americans

...? Finish your thought. I think you're trying to say it portrays them stereotypically. And to that I respond: would you rather have an all-white cast? White sharks that are part of an Anglo mafia? Because that's what you'd have if you eliminate the inoffensive-to-begin-with stereotypes that are obvious throughout the movie. Will Smith, voice of the main character in the movie, happens to be black. So what? You have something against blacks? It's not like any of the stereotypes portrayed in the movie are done so in a negative light. It gives the movie flavor and diversity. Unless, of course, you're opposed to racial diversity and are, therefore, racist.

As for the rest of your post, it's flat-out ridiculous. It's like you didn't see the last fifteen minutes of the movie. The  movie desn't focus so much on Lenny's "difference," but more on his acceptance in his family. I don't want to make this thread a homosexuality debate, because there's little to debate. It seems like that would be a good example, though, so I'll use it.

If your son were homosexual, would you shun him from your family? I doubt it. Maybe you would, I don't know, but I think it would be wrong to. I don't agree with homosexuality, but I also don't agree with hating someone or a group of people just because they're different from me. That's what this movie is about. It's about acceptance.

I loved the movie. In my opinion, it was just as good as Finding Nemo. I loved the urban feel, the way the creators made the ocean more like a city. It was interesting, funny, and very entertaining. I'd highly recommend it for those who aren't this easily offended. And until this thread was made, for the record, there was little that I could have picked out to be offensive about it.
artputey

Godless heathen

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2004, 09:26:36 AM »

Nice one sapphire weapon. i'm put off from seeing that film by the terrible christina aguilera cover of carwash. Tut tut

I've got no hands to tie behind my back
And I'm sparkin' like a heart attack
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the