Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:20:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286802 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Treasures
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Treasures  (Read 1004 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2004, 05:36:55 PM »

Hello Brothers and Sisters,

I'd like to invite you to participate in this thread and share a portion of Scripture with everyone, including those without Jesus. I'm hoping that what the Scripture means to you will be easy enough for the lost to understand.

I called this thread "Treasures" because that's what I consider Scriptures from the Holy Bible to be. There are Treasures in the Holy Bible for anything that could possibly happen during our short lives on this earth. It is completely true that we can find peace, comfort, and encouragement from His Word. It's also true there are many instructions for us in the Holy Bible to make our joy in Jesus be more full and satisfying.

I know that all Christians have favorite Scriptures that have special meaning and purpose for them. Would you consider sharing them here and telling everyone what they mean to you? (Please: no conflict or debate here.)

Love In Christ,
Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 05:39:24 PM »

Ephesians 1:6  To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

We praise God for His grace and love we certainly don't deserve. Jesus Christ gave His life on the Cross in payment for our sins. In fact, Jesus took our place and took the punishment we deserve. Only the Blood of Jesus makes us acceptable to live for eternity with him.  There is absolutely nothing we can do to make ourselves acceptable except to put our trust and faith in Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour. Anything we do for Him is for His Glory, not our own.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 05:43:10 PM »

Colossians 2:13  And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

We are born in a physical body of sin that is doomed to death and destruction. Sin will rule and reign over our flesh until we accept Jesus Christ as our personal Lord and Saviour. There is a beautiful comparison for those of us who have accepted Jesus. Our old man of sin and death died with Jesus on the Cross. We were born again, and that is compared to Jesus rising from the dead to be our Living Lord and Saviour. "Quickened" is an interesting word in this Scripture.  It indicates immediate, translated, transferred. When we accept Jesus, we are immediately a new person in Jesus, and we belong to him forever. Our sins are forgiven, only because of the Sacrifice and Blood of Jesus. Our immediate translation into Jesus clearly proves that Salvation is not something we work for or earn, rather it is the finished work of Jesus Christ on the Cross for us. Salvation is a Gift of Grace and Love from God. We can accept this Gift only by having faith in Jesus Christ. There is no other way to be Saved.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2004, 01:37:26 AM »

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Jesus Christ provided for your salvation with His sacrifice and resurrection, by which He took your sins and “became your sins” upon the cross to pay the penalty for your sins (spiritual death) in your place.

This means that you are in the same instance turning from anything and everything else this world declares can save you (this is true biblical repentance), such as good works, religion, other persons, education or any philosophies. It is only by a genuine and conscious act of your will of placing your total confidence (trust, belief, faith) in Jesus Christ and His sacrifice on the cross that you can be saved. Once you make this decision of faith in Christ you are "instantly" saved, given eternal life that can never be taken away.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2004, 01:55:06 AM »

Gal 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

This verse had an impact on my walk, and to me says what Christianity is in a nutshell, and also is one of my favorites.   Being crucified with Christ, we die to ourselves, our will, our sin...yet we continue to breath.  But we no longer live our life, but rather He lives His life through us, by our faith,  trust, and surrender to Him.   Its only possible because he gave his life for me.  How beautiful is the Lord and how wonderful is his grace upon this sinner.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2004, 12:18:39 AM »

Ephesians 2:6  And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Man is very lowly and evil without Jesus Christ. However, those of us who have Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour over our lives are seen IN HIM. We did nothing to raise ourselves up to be worthy of His Love, nor could we. Jesus raised us up and made us worthy, not us. I think of a beautiful comparison that goes perfectly with Ephesians 2:6:

Colossians 3:1  If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

The completed work of Jesus Christ on the Cross is the work that raises us up to become worthy, NOT our work. Just as Jesus arose from the dead after crucifixion, we arise from the dead after we accept HIM as Lord and Saviour. Our faith must be in the finished work of Jesus Christ and IN HIM ALONE. Faith in ourselves or other men is worthless. Jesus is the only One who makes us worthy to spend eternity with HIM. We should show Jesus our love and appreciation for saving us from sin and eternal destruction. We can do that by seeking HIS truth and letting HIM use us for HIS glory. The more we yield to HIM - the greater our joy.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2004, 04:20:52 AM »

Galatians 4:5  To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

When a person accepts Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour, they become the adopted children of God with an eternal inheritance. An unsaved person lives under the law, sin, and destruction. Jesus Christ died on the Cross to rescue us from eternal destruction. Jesus paid the penalties for our sins on the Cross and took the punishment we deserve. His sacrifice for us is free, a GIFT from God to all those who accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour. YES, we become His children and join a heavenly family, safe and secure in His Mighty Hands forever. Galatians 3:13  is a beautiful Scripture that helps to explain what Jesus did for us. Yes, he hung on a tree, a Cross, and he suffered a most horrible death in our place. He did suffer death, but He arose from the dead, is very much real and alive, and is our loving Lord and Saviour forever. Faith in Jesus and what He did is what saves us. Very simply put, JESUS SAVES!. Jesus Christ is and always was Very God, so you will be placing your trust and faith in Almighty God.

Galatians 3:13  Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

It is very important to know that Jesus Christ was completely innocent and without sin. Yet, He suffered the curse of crucifixion and death for us.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the