Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:13:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Bush, Do you want four more years?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bush, Do you want four more years?  (Read 8372 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2004, 10:13:52 PM »

We will defend the dignity of all Americans against those who would undermine it. Because we
believe in the privacy and equality of women, we stand proudly for a woman's right to choose,
consistent with Roe v. Wade, and regardless of her ability to pay. We stand firmly against
Republican efforts to undermine that right. At the same time, we strongly support family planning
and adoption incentives. Abortion should be safe, legal, and rare.

We support full inclusion of gay and lesbian families in the life of our nation and seek equal
responsibilities, benefits, and protections for these families. In our country, marriage has been
defined at the state level for 200 years, and we believe it should continue to be defined there. We
repudiate President Bush's divisive effort to politicize the Constitution by pursuing a "Federal
Marriage Amendment." Our goal is to bring Americans together, not drive them apart.

When the choice we have is the above or Bush  I vote Bush.
If you vote for a democrate you are voting for the above it is a direct quote from the 2004 democratic platforum.
AMEN sister!! Grin
For that post you get 2 thumbs up Grin

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2004, 05:29:10 AM »

Brother Ollie,

You appear to be quoting several over-the-edge "Move-on-dot-orgers". Have you ever considered how much or how little bears any resemblance to the truth? I've wondered the same about other material sources, including some that are for Bush.

The record of their own words and actions is more than sufficient for me. I don't need any 2nd or 3rd parties to explain what they did or what they said.

Brother, regardless, I respect whatever method you choose to make your decision. I don't respect Kerry, but I do respect you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2004, 06:10:13 AM »

We will defend the dignity of all Americans against those who would undermine it. Because we
believe in the privacy and equality of women, we stand proudly for a woman's right to choose,
consistent with Roe v. Wade, and regardless of her ability to pay. We stand firmly against
Republican efforts to undermine that right. At the same time, we strongly support family planning
and adoption incentives. Abortion should be safe, legal, and rare.

We support full inclusion of gay and lesbian families in the life of our nation and seek equal
responsibilities, benefits, and protections for these families. In our country, marriage has been
defined at the state level for 200 years, and we believe it should continue to be defined there. We
repudiate President Bush's divisive effort to politicize the Constitution by pursuing a "Federal
Marriage Amendment." Our goal is to bring Americans together, not drive them apart.

Sorry for the gross smiley, but thats about how I feel when I read this.

When the choice we have is the above or Bush  I vote Bush.
If you vote for a democrate you are voting for the above it is a direct quote from the 2004 democratic platforum.

I couldn't agree more Becky!  BTW, I don't believe we've met.   Welcome to CU!!  

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Melody
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2004, 10:35:26 AM »

I seriously do not understand the Christian support that Bush has received.  This man uses the term "Christian" as an excuse for everything he does and yet his actions speak more of hate and deception.

I'm curious how you can fluff off all of the "accusations" in the original post to this forum as someone just trying to turn people against him instead of wondering why you're electing a man whose entire life is a lie....right up to the present.

Until recently I would get quite agitated at the thought of Bush being re-elected, but then I realized that in order for God to fulfill Revelations, we will need to have pretenders in power to take us down the road of prophecy.   In which case, this hypocrite fits the bill perfectly because he has a lot of Christians fooled as to his character and motives.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2004, 05:10:24 PM »

Melody,

This is America and anyone can write whatever they want about public figures. It doesn't have to be true or bear any semblance of truth. It could be anywhere from outright blatant lies, everything between, and the truth.

The "everything between"  could be gross distortions, added fabrications, embellishment, twisted truth, and any number of other things that are called politics. Some folks call it spin, and other folks swallow it whole as truth. For that reason, I don't pay much attention to the 527 garbage on either side.

If a horse in the race speaks from his own mouth, I pay a lot of attention to that. If there is an unquestioned public record of votes or deeds that pertain to the office, I pay great attention to that. If there are spins about what a candidate did or didn't do as a child or a juvenile, I don't pay much attention to it.

Piles of garbage is being thrown at voters every day. If you wish to sift through the piles of garbage to find a morsel of truth, that's your business and right to do so.

Love In Christ,
Tom
« Last Edit: October 10, 2004, 05:58:10 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Melody
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2004, 05:39:15 PM »

This is America and anyone can write whatever they want about public figures It doesn't have to be true or bear any semblance of truth. It could be anywhere from outright blatant lies, everything between, and the truth.

Yes, some of the things listed were a bit far fetched and some ridiculous assertions, but there's some truth in there as well.  If this man is an example of Christianity, and one that other Christians seem to hold in some esteem, then I'm not surprised at the people who question what the term "Christianity" means in this day and age....since it appears that it means deception, hatred and aggression.  What a witness.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2004, 06:03:37 PM »

This is America and anyone can write whatever they want about public figures It doesn't have to be true or bear any semblance of truth. It could be anywhere from outright blatant lies, everything between, and the truth.

Yes, some of the things listed were a bit far fetched and some ridiculous assertions, but there's some truth in there as well.  If this man is an example of Christianity, and one that other Christians seem to hold in some esteem, then I'm not surprised at the people who question what the term "Christianity" means in this day and age....since it appears that it means deception, hatred and aggression.  What a witness.

Melody,

There are no Christians who come anywhere close to measuring up to the Glory and Righteousness of God. Are you saying that you come closer to measuring up than George Bush? If so, run for public office.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Melody
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2004, 06:18:24 PM »

There are no Christians who come anywhere close to measuring up to the Glory and Righteousness of God. Are you saying that you come closer to measuring up than George Bush? If so, run for public office.

I'm not a bible scholar so don't have the exact quote, but I remember studying something about those in leadership being held to higher standards.  I also remember learning that it is our responsibility as Christians to let a brother or sister know when they are not acting as they should.

Christians voting for Bush are in effect saying, "You are behaving as a Christian should"....only because he uses his Christianity as a media sales tactic.

Do I come closer to measuring up?  I guess only the Lord knows the answer to that.  I do know that in my daily life I try to always keep in mind that I am being judged by others for no other reason than that I am a Christian and it is important that I "walk the walk" so that I am a positive witness to the Lord.

I own my business and am in the public eye every day and I make sure that all of my business dealings are done honestly and ethically.  Sadly, when one of my customers found out I was a Christian, he said, "I would never have guessed.  You're such a nice person."  

Are you excusing George Bush because it's impossible to measure up to God?

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2004, 07:45:45 PM »

Melody Said:

No - are you trying to do the opposite? If so, there are NO Christian politicians in the country who measure up and there never will be.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Melody
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2004, 08:08:24 PM »

Melody Said:

No - are you trying to do the opposite? If so, there are NO Christian politicians in the country who measure up and there never will be.

No, I'd rather vote for a non-Christian than for a "Christian" who uses it as a voting tactic.

As far as I can tell from reading the various boards, people here are voting for Bush because he says he's a Christian and is pushing all the right religious right buttons (anti-abortion and homosexuals) and ignoring everything else about this man.

As far as I can tell this conversation is going nowhere.  

Expose

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2004, 09:35:59 PM »

Again I see people, the same people, nonetheless, supporting an praising those who agre with them, and bashing recklessly those who state disagreeing opinions.

Let me make it clear; Bush is a warmongerer. Kerry will be no different ont hat aspect. Bothhave already stated plans to invade Iran next. Syria, Lybia, North Korea, and Thailand have also been mentioned.

God is not going to bless this entire country. It's timeto wake up, people. We are New babylon.

If Bush is Christian, why would he pull This stunt?
http://www.tbtmradio.com/geeklog/public_html/index.php

It's a deceptive and dishonorable practice to release information as such. And on top of that, it's sad to disallow free speech otherwise.

If Bush was a Christian, why would he be holding Sherman Austin in prison, and have had the court give the sentence that if he Didn't plead guilty and sever 1 year in prison with 3 years afterward disallowed to use digital devices, he wouldbe held up to Twenty Years under the PATRIOT Act?

Sherman Austin was a rights activist who made public his opinions on Bush, and supplied proof of Bush's misdealings.

When someone posted a link to a site describing how to make a homemade bomb, the government slapped the cuffs on Sherman, who had nothing to do with the writing fo the article, and hauled him away. As well, they insinuated that Sherman had written the document, and had the media play Sherman as a terrorist.

If having a link to a website describing how to make a homemade bomb is illegal, then everyone at Ebay should be arrested, as links and Books for Sale Abound on the website.

A full article
http://news.phaseiii.org/article3180.html

Other examples of use of the PATRIOT Act tos ilence critics
http://infowars.com/print/patriot_act/examples.htm

Operation TIPS - Government recruiting of oyour mail man, cable guy, truckers, etc to spy on YOU
http://www.wsws.org/articles/2002/jul2002/tips-j22.shtml

If Bush was a Christian, why would he have been smiling during the events of September 11th? Why would he have done nothing as the planes came in, when there is public record of his knowledge of the attacks Before even the "School incident" happened?

A chonological timeline of events and video from September 11th, 2001
http://www.tbtmradio.com/geeklog/public_html/staticpages/index.php?page=20040606205339801

||||||Marches at Republican Convention Treated Like Terrorists||||||

""The conditions of my arrest were pretty appalling," says Maria Cincotta, a 26-year-old New York teacher who was arrested on Tuesday night of convention week near Union Square. "We were given no order to disperse. Had I been asked to leave, I would have in a second." When Cincotta complained to police that her plastic handcuffs were too tight—other arrestees’ hands turned blue—they replied with a boilerplate "Sorry, we can’t do that."
City officials converted a disused bus depot on the Hudson River’s Pier 57 into what detainees nicknamed "Little Guantánamo" for its outdoor setting and maze of pens divided by chain-link fencing. Numerous arrest victims reported being denied food and water or access to an attorney or a phone. ("Sorry, I can’t do that," police said.) Children, some who happened to be walking down the street when the cops arrested everyone present, were locked up for several days. Police refused to tell their frantic parents where they were. Adding to the misery was a resinous layer of gasoline and toxic cleansers coating the floor. "Everybody was laying in filth," said Cincotta. "

http://infowars.com/oct04/littleguan.htm

Bush and Kerry are both working for a group, they have a means toward a Satanic, Luciferian, Global government, Run by the descendants of Esau.

We are in the time of Revelation. There is a great deception occuring as we speak.

Do you want a person in power who will continue the bloody line American Presidents have left behind? Do you want to keep Bush in power, who not only had prior knowledge of September 11th, but possiblyhelped plan it? Who we know, Surely, ordered his men to Stand Down regarding 9/11, regarding when we had Osama Bin Laden trapped?

Do you want someone in power who we have proof is tied closely to the Bin laden family; Whose money trails lead right bck to Texas?

Do you want 1 year AWOL National Guard member Geroge Bush telling your sons and daughters what to do, all for the means of Satan's gain?

Do you want John Kerry as President, who shot himself in the foot during a war to get out of battle?

Do you want to continue to support corrupt office officials, Congressmen, Cabinet members, Cheifs of Staff, Supreme Court Justices, Forign Affairs Embassadors, who have stayed out of the wars this country has waged, and met every year wi Satanic gathering at Bohemian Grove on July 15th, for a ritual called Cremation of Care, in which they worship Satan before the stone owl Molech, the same Molech that babylon and Tyre worshipped?

Clip from a video done from infiltrating Bohemian Grove
http://www.prisonplanet.com/grove56k.ram

A webstie further detailing teh grove with pictures of Both Bushes, etc.
http://www.apfn.org/apfn/Grove.htm

Do you want to keep these people in office, in corporate power, who have been tratiors to the United States since day one? People who, when writing the Nation's Declaration fof Independance in the same year as the umbrella organiation The Illuminati was formed, Gorge Washington ackonwledged existed in our midst, and spoke worry of their ambitions?

Do you want to relelect deserters? Bush, Kerry, Dick Cheney, Tom Delay, Jeb Bush, Roy Blunt, Dennis Hassert, Larry Craig, Ronald Regan, Dan Quayle, Jack Kemp, John Ashcroft, Aurther Kennedy, Harvery Pitt, and my personal expose Rush Limbaugh.

A list of "Chickenhawks", US war deserters.
http://66.230.230.110/geeklog/public_html/staticpages/index.php?page=20040602034902878

When people like Billy O'Reilly are looked upon as model news figures, it should be obvious it's time to take back the media.

O'Reilly "Rush has freedom of speech ya know", "Glick? Cut his mic."

http://www.tbtmradio.com/geeklog/public_html/staticpages/index.php?page=20040610173242781

They own the media.

Take it back.

http://www.tbtmradio.com/geeklog/public_html/staticpages/index.php?page=20040603235249605

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2004, 03:54:33 AM »

Expose - JitC,

Thanks for the comedy links.

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2004, 04:20:07 AM »

Expose - JitC,

Thanks for the comedy links.

Another

DITTO

Grin

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2004, 07:52:17 AM »

Conspiracists of the world unite!!!!  (I think he left out the shooter on the grassy knoll however)

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2004, 08:02:40 AM »

Quote of the week...

"Three Purple Hearts? I mean, the first one whether he ought to have a Purple Heart. He got two in one day -- [Kerry] never bled that I know of. They were all superficial wounds. As far as I know, he never spent one day in the hospital, I don't think he draws any disability pay. He doesn't have any disability.

And he's boasting about three Purple Hearts, when you think of some of the people who really got shot up in Vietnam....

Maybe he should apologize to all the other two-and-a-half million veterans who served.

He wasn't the only one who was in Vietnam. I think Senator Kerry needs to talk about his Senate record, which is pretty thin.

That's probably why he's talking about his war record, which is pretty confused."

--Retired Senator Bob Dole, who was severely wounded in action with the 10th Mountain Division in Italy during WW II

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the