Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:58:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Bush, Do you want four more years?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bush, Do you want four more years?  (Read 8327 times)
Pastor Roger
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2004, 08:34:36 PM »

I have served in three wars from Viet Nam to Desert Storm. I saw the results of Kerry's politics after his Viet Nam tour. He is a traitor simple and plain. Many good men were tortured and killed because of his politics and many others were spit on and totally disgraced because of him and the organization he belonged to at the time.

I apologize if I sound bitter but it is hard not to be when you fight to keep your country and the world free, risking your life by being shot at, bombed, etc., just to come home and have the likes of people like John Kerry in the 70's spit on you, call you a murderer and a baby killer.

It gets even harder when that same person runs for office and brings all of that up again, dividing the nation as he has tried to do. Especially when he advocates the killing of babies, resorting to "talks" in dealing with murderers and stands for all the other things that is against the teachings of the Bible.

Chesed

Zechariah 2:10-12

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2004, 01:19:07 PM »

Pastor Roger -

Thank you so much for your service to our country. You're a true hero in my book!

Kerry on the other hand is not. Did you hear about his comment that he thinks a soldier who dies under the US flag is not honorable, but one who dies under the UN flag is honorable?! May God prevent such a man from becoming president!

Take care,
Chesed

'Sing & be glad, Daughter of Zion! For behold, I am coming & I will dwell in your midst, says the Lord. Many nations will join themselves to the Lord on that day & they will become a people unto Me; & I will dwell in your midst. Then you will know that the Lord sent me to you.'
Kalthzar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2004, 01:38:22 PM »

i wouldn't mind another four years as long as the election represented the majority peoples descion (sp!)

"Men speak of killing time when time slowly killing them"
"We make war that we may live in peace"
"Practical politics consists in ignoring the facts"
"Everyone's quick to blame the Alien"
"Multiplication vexes me, Division is as bad, The ru
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2004, 11:09:07 PM »

Fear and intimidation and dig the skeletons out of forty year old closets, some of which are gross lies by false witnesses, seem to be many politicians platform today with no hint of governing America any way but.

Support your local Christian.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2004, 11:43:12 PM »

Fear and intimidation and dig the skeletons out of forty year old closets, some of which are gross lies by false witnesses, seem to be many politicians platform today with no hint of governing America any way but.

Brother Ollie,

I wish that Kerry would stop doing that.   Grin

Pastor Roger
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2004, 11:59:31 PM »

Pastor Roger -

Thank you so much for your service to our country. You're a true hero in my book!

Kerry on the other hand is not. Did you hear about his comment that he thinks a soldier who dies under the US flag is not honorable, but one who dies under the UN flag is honorable?! May God prevent such a man from becoming president!

Take care,
Chesed

Thank you. That really means a lot to me.

Yes, I heard what he said in reference to that. I feel it shameful.  His exact statement,

"If you mean dying in the course of the United Nations effort, yes, it is worth that. If you mean dying American troops unilaterally going in with some false presumption that we can affect the outcome, the answer is unequivocally no."

It had (and still does) me at a loss for words.

Pastor Roger
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2004, 12:09:20 AM »

And sometimes those "THIRTY" year old skeletons still have a whole lot of flesh on them.
Tim Vaughan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2004, 09:20:33 AM »

"If you mean dying in the course of the United Nations effort, yes, it is worth that. If you mean dying American troops unilaterally going in with some false presumption that we can affect the outcome, the answer is unequivocally no."

Neither case is honorable.
Pastor Roger
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2004, 12:18:09 PM »

Neither case is honorable.

There you are wrong.

Joh 15:13  Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Tim Vaughan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2004, 12:21:27 PM »

Non sequitur.
Pastor Roger
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2004, 12:55:29 PM »

Non sequitur.

How do you figure that?
Tim Vaughan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2004, 01:12:45 PM »

Kerry said

If you mean dying American troops unilaterally going in with some false presumption that we can affect the outcome, the answer is unequivocally no."

You quoted

Joh 15:13  Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

There is no relationship between the two quotes.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2004, 11:26:21 PM »

Kerry said

If you mean dying American troops unilaterally going in with some false presumption that we can affect the outcome, the answer is unequivocally no."

You quoted

Tim,

Many paid with their lives for the freedoms you enjoy, including the freedom to worship God. Freedom is precious, and someone always pays for it. We will lose our freedoms if we ever have a shortage of courageous people who are willing to fight for it, and maybe even die for it.

We can agree to disagree. I'll simply give thanks to those who have paid for and preserved our freedoms, especially the freedom to worship God. I pray for our men and women of courage serving our country every day, and my son is one of them.

To Pastor Roger - Brother, thank you sincerely for serving our country.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pastor Roger
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2004, 11:35:02 PM »

Kerry said

You quoted

Tim,

Many paid with their lives for the freedoms you enjoy, including the freedom to worship God. Freedom is precious, and someone always pays for it. We will lose our freedoms if we ever have a shortage of courageous people who are willing to fight for it, and maybe even die for it.

We can agree to disagree. I'll simply give thanks to those who have paid for and preserved our freedoms, especially the freedom to worship God. I pray for our men and women of courage serving our country every day, and my son is one of them.

To Pastor Roger - Brother, thank you sincerely for serving our country.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Thank you, brother that means a lot to me and to the others that have served along side of me. Most of them do not hear it enough, especially those that served in Viet Nam. Thank you.

Kalthzar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2004, 08:01:30 AM »

why did the the US originally get involved with vietnam? was it to help the south?.....i can't rem...

"Men speak of killing time when time slowly killing them"
"We make war that we may live in peace"
"Practical politics consists in ignoring the facts"
"Everyone's quick to blame the Alien"
"Multiplication vexes me, Division is as bad, The ru
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the