Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:30:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Joining the Military
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Joining the Military  (Read 7177 times)
JitC
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2004, 12:01:30 AM »

I've learned that people without the ability to think for themselves are abundant on the internet, and the possibility of engaging in any type of intelligent discussion with people such as these is virtually nil. Rather than continuing down the somewhat naive path of believing that these people are simply “misinformed” or “uneducated”, I have reached the conclusion that attempting to continuously counter their stupidity has been, and would continue to be a complete waste of effort. So directly after making this post I will delete my username.
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2004, 04:40:35 PM »

author=JitC link=board=22;threadid=5171;start=45#msg76307 date=1096595207]
The Holy Spirit has not used promise or contract here.

""Trinity" isn't in the Bible either. But, like I said, it doesn't matter which word is used."

No, it isn't is it? God says to communicate with a yes or no in reference to what we are discussing. He does not say contract or promise, but swear and oath are used by the Spirit and the original greek means something other than contract or promise as we know it in our world of today.

"Can you honestly say that a contract is not more than a yes or no?"
Man's law says it is a binding document between two or more parties. Man's ways are not God's ways! Let your affirmation be yes and your non affirmation be no.

Support your local Christian.
ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2004, 04:54:23 PM »

I've learned that people without the ability to think for themselves are abundant on the internet, and the possibility of engaging in any type of intelligent discussion with people such as these is virtually nil. Rather than continuing down the somewhat naive path of believing that these people are simply “misinformed” or “uneducated”, I have reached the conclusion that attempting to continuously counter their stupidity has been, and would continue to be a complete waste of effort. So directly after making this post I will delete my username.
Many have skulls of lead surrounding their brain don't they?

Christ says, "let them that have ears to hear, hear and eyes to see, see."

May you know the greater love of Him that offered it for all who would come.
ollie

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2004, 08:49:22 PM »

pssst Ollie, I think jitc left the board.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Reba
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2004, 08:54:30 PM »

JitC,

Your porch light is off. In fact, you might not have a porch light.

Roll Eyes Does such childish behavior really benefit this forum? There are few posts by you, to me that haven't included some sort of childish remark or sarcasm.

You are not forced to read any of the posts.
ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2004, 11:34:40 PM »

pssst Ollie, I think jitc left the board.

Grace and Peace!
I know that. I quoted his post that informed of such.
Thanks anyway.

ollie

Expose

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2004, 08:26:31 AM »

The fact of the matter is that right now we aren't Defending anything. We're the aggressors in the world situation. We are Hitler, Germany. We, to those people, are he Nais, trying to establish control without looking like it on public paper and media.

If you join the military, what are you supporting?

Christ said turnt eh other cheek, to not make war. We're certainly making war.

The only time we're to fight, is when God gives the order.

Bush is not only on a high horse, he's not only Totalitarian, he's part of a Satanic group.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2004, 08:35:47 AM »

Welcome back JitC  Huh

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2004, 05:36:49 PM »

Welcome back JitC  Huh

2nd Timothy,

Brother, you just might be right.

Love In Christ,
Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2004, 05:54:39 PM »

Expose or JitC?,

We've already lost a major battle on our own soil. It was called 9-11. We are taking the battle to the terrorists on their soil, hoping we can prevent more battles on our soil from terrorists who have Internationally proclaimed war on America.

I give thanks that you aren't responsible for protecting America, and I also give thanks that you aren't in the Armed Forces of the US. Finally, I give thanks to the brave men and women who are defending us in our outstanding Military.

They are preserving our freedoms, including your freedom to run your mouth. If they fail, it is quite possible that your mouth will be zipped shut, much like the mouth of Michael Moore. In the meantime, you will be enjoying freedoms that our outstanding Military has fought and died for, including the right to worship God. Our young men and women in the Armed Services don't like you much, and they know that you are enjoying the benefit of their sweat and blood. It is sufficient to know that hosts of Christians appreciate what they are doing and pray for them every day. Other than this, most realize they are fighting for their children, future children, family, and others who enjoy freedom and our way of life.

I would simply say, NO THANKS JITC.

Tom

ChristNcharge

Here I stand; I can do no other. God help me. Amen

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2004, 06:31:29 PM »

The fact of the matter is that right now we aren't Defending anything. We're the aggressors in the world situation. We are Hitler, Germany. We, to those people, are he Nais, trying to establish control without looking like it on public paper and media.

If you join the military, what are you supporting?

Christ said turnt eh other cheek, to not make war. We're certainly making war.

The only time we're to fight, is when God gives the order.

Bush is not only on a high horse, he's not only Totalitarian, he's part of a Satanic group.

“The fact of the matter” that you mentioned is not a fact by any means – it is only your opinion – THAT is a fact.  Many people hold views contrary to yours (I am one), but this does not mean you views are incorrect (they are based on your opinion after all)… just your words.  Since you also used the words “right now” – I feel the need to comment further… Right now – we are “Defending” something – at the very least, the soldiers/sailors/marines in the OIF/OEF theaters are defending EACHOTHER – something worthy of our greatest respect… “No greater love hath a man…”
     Your second comment, that we are “the aggressors,” is not an uncommon point of view - particularly in the international community.  I have had many opportunities to speak with coalition soldiers from several different countries (particularly British soldiers) – though there are not NEARLY as many foreign soldiers in the theater as there are Americans.  However, many of them agree with you on your second point, your message is certainly valid.
     The third comment, likening the United States to Nazi Germany, is sensationalism at best… and unnecessarily offensive as well.  “If Truth offends a person, then they are simply offended by the Truth…” – but your comment was unfair (destructive by nature) and not in line with the truth.  “Sensationalism is the enemy of Truth, my friends.”
     Your question, about a person’s intentions when joining the military – is a good question, that certainly deserves attention.  If any person is thinking about an enlistment or accepting a commission in the military, this is one of the questions they should ask themselves.  But, I think you meant to imply something else with this comment (forgive my assumption, but it seems fair considering the context) – and you should consider this… every single person in the military joins for different reasons.  To imply that to simply “join” is to support something worthy of mourning (as war certainly is) is comparable to saying that paying taxes is supporting monetary abuses by politicians.  They may be relatable, but most people don’t pay taxes thinking, “I am supporting my congressman’s drug habit!”  In a similar manner, I doubt many people join the military because they want to be involved in something they perceive as “evil.”  If they did, however, that would certainly be a sin.
     Your next comment about what Christ said was certainly offensive and completely false.  You should take care, when you are quoting the words of God… not to ADD TO THEM.
     Your point about when war is justified is an interesting point… but I challenge you to support your comment with Scripture.  
     Your final comment was, once again, a good example of sensationalism.  If you truly want to get your point across, you should try to argue your point with a little more charity.
     All in all, your opinions are valid and worthy of respect my brother… but I would humbly suggest that you give some time for serious thought and prayer before you communicate your feelings – if your intention is to help people see your point of view that is.

May the Peace of Christ be with you.

Jaime

Jaime McKnight
Bible-Believing
Christian for Life
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the