Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:30:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The White Horse in Rev. 19:11-18
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The White Horse in Rev. 19:11-18  (Read 1998 times)
AngelicMan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2003, 06:57:33 PM »

To All,
This is something new to the Christian world.They believe that the Lord spoke only one way,naturally. But they do not know that the Lord spoke from His Divine.

The one on the white horse in Revelation 19:11-18 is the Lord Himself.

The white horse means the spiritual sense of the Word, which is meant by the Lord preaching from His Divine, For the Lord preached naturally and spiritually at the sametime.

The Lord preached naturally before men in this world and at the sametime preached spirtually before the angels in heaven. He was in both world at the sametime.

Man was meant to understand like an angel, but false ideas about God kept him from doing so.

The spiritual meaning of the Word is unknown today because of man's false ideas about God, beliving that He is in three Divine persons, and that faith is all that matters for salvation without good works.

Rev.19:11-18
I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse, and He that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns, and He had a name written that no man knew but He Himself, and He was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood, and His name is called the Word of God. And His armies (angels) in heaven followed Him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. And He hath on His vesture and on His thigh a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords. And I saw an angel standing in the sun, and he cried with a loud voice, Come and gather yourselves together to the great supper, that ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, and small and great (Rev. 19:11-18.

What these things signify cannot be known except from the spiritual sense of the Word, and no one can know the spiritual sense except from a knowledge of correspondences, for all the above words are correspondences, and not one word there is without meaning.

The knowledge of correspondences teaches what is signified by the white horse, what by Him who sat thereon, what by His eyes that were as a flame of fire, what by the crowns that were upon His head, what by His vesture dipped in blood, what by the white linen in which they were clothed who were of His army in heaven, what by the angel standing in the sun, what by the great supper to which they should come and gather themselves, and what by the flesh of kings, and captains, and others, which they should eat.

The signification of each of these things in the spiritual sense may be seen in White Horse, where they are explained, so that it is unnecessary to explain them further here.

In that little work it has been shown that the Lord in respect to the Word is here described.

By His eyes which were as a flame of fire, and by the crowns that were upon His head, and by the name that no one knew but He Himself, is meant the spiritual sense of the Word, and that no one can know it but the Lord Himself and he to whom He wills to reveal it.

By His vesture dipped in blood is meant the natural sense of the Word, which is the sense of its letter, to which violence has been done.

That it is the Word which is thus described is very evident, for it is said "His name is called the Word of God".

It is the Lord who is meant is equally clear, for it is said that the name of Him who sat on the white horse was written, King of kings and Lord of lords.

That at the end of the church the spiritual sense of the Word is to be opened is signified not only by what is said of the white horse and of Him who sat upon it, but also by the great supper to which the angel standing in the sun invited all to come, and to eat the flesh of kings and of captains, of mighty men, of horses, and of them that sat on them, and of all both free and bond.

All these expressions would be empty words and devoid of spirit and life, unless there were what is spiritual within them, like soul in body.

Harry
« Last Edit: June 16, 2003, 07:12:05 PM by AngelicMan » Logged
Seven_Tides
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2003, 01:55:28 PM »

Yes I knew that already. Jesus Christ is the Rider on the
White Horse in Revelation 19:11-18.

It's pretty obvious, since "His" is always capitalized, which always refers to Jesus.

But, thanks for the insite anyways. Grin
« Last Edit: June 21, 2003, 01:57:31 PM by Seven_Tides » Logged
AngelicMan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2003, 06:17:01 PM »

Do you understand why He's riding a white horse. Do you know what the meaning of a white horse.

In the prophetical parts of the Word mention is very often made of the horse, but  no one has known that "a horse" signifies the understanding, and his "rider" one who is intelligent; and this possibly, because it seems strange and wonderful, that by "a horse" such a thing should be meant in the spiritual sense, and thence in the Word.

But nevertheless that it is so, may evidently appear from many passages therein; some of which only I will here adduce.

In the prophecy of Israel, it is said of Dan:
 Dan is a serpent upon the way, an arrow-snake upon the highway, that biteth the horse's heels, so that his rider shall fall backward (Gen. 49:17, 18).

No one can understand what this prophecy concerning one of the tribes of Israel signifies unless he knows what is signified by "a serpent," and what is meant by "a horse" and his "rider;" everyone, however, knows that there is something spiritual involved therein; what therefore each expression signifies, may be seen in The Arcana Coelestia, where this prophecy is explained.

In Habakkuk:
O God, Thou didst ride upon Thy horses. Thy chariots are salvation. Thou didst tread in the sea with Thy horses (Hab. 3:8, 16).

That "horses" here signify what is spiritual, is evident, for they are said concerning God; in any other sense, what could be meant by saying, that "God rides upon His horses, and that He treads upon the sea with  horses?" In like manner in Zechariah:
In that day, there shall be upon the bells of the horses, holiness unto Jehovah (Zech. 14:20).

In the same:
In that day, saith Jehovah, I will smite every horse with astonishment, and his rider with madness; and I will open Mine eyes upon the house of Judah, and will smite every horse of the people with blindness (Zech. 12:4).

It treats there of the vastation of the church, which takes place when there no longer remains the understanding of any truth; and which is described thus by "the horse and his rider;" what else could be the meaning of "smiting every horse with astonishment," and of "smiting the horse of the people with blindness"? What has this to do with the church?

In Job:
God hath caused her to forget wisdom, neither hath He imparted to her intelligence: what time she lifteth up herself on high, she scorneth the horse and his rider (39:17-19 seq.).

That "the horse" here signifies the understanding, is manifestly evident. In like manner in David, where it is said:
 He rideth upon the word of truth (Ps. 45:4).
And in many other passages. Moreover, who can know the reason why Elijah and Elisha were called "the chariot of Israel and the horsemen thereof;" and why "the boy of Elisha saw the mountain full of horses and chariots of fire;" except it be known what is signified by "chariots," and what was represented by "Elijah and Elisha"? For Elisha said to Elijah:
My father, my father, the chariot and horsemen* of Israel and the horsemen thereof (2 Kings 2:11, 12).

And Joash the king said to Elisha:
My father, my father, the chariot of Israel and the horsemen thereof (2 Kings 13:14).

And, speaking of the boy of Elisha, it is said:
Jehovah opened the eyes of the boy of Elisha, and he saw and behold the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha (2 Kings 6:17).

The reason why Elijah and Elisha were called "the chariot of Israel and the horsemen thereof," is because they both represented the Lord as to the Word, and "a chariot" signifies doctrine from the Word, and "horsemen" intelligence.

That "Elijah" and "Elisha" represented the Lord as to the Word, may be seen in The Arcana Coelestia. And that "chariots" signify doctrine drawn from the Word.

Harry

« Last Edit: June 21, 2003, 06:20:35 PM by AngelicMan » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the