Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:31:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Change in grace
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Change in grace  (Read 2516 times)
lightsavour

coo coo caw

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2003, 11:09:16 PM »

How much of the change in our lives do we attribute to the actual shedding of blood our Lord Jesus Christ did for us? There has been a change in our heart (the Holy Spirit now resides in it), a change in our souls position (found in Christ at the right hand of God) and our lifes expression has a new source (the work of grace at the cross of Calvary.) All of these changes are bound in grace.

Faith is the substance of a willing heart. It allows a sinful person (one without spiritual understanding) to take in the truth of the cross (salvation from sin.) Faith is not the determining factor of salvation, as faith in salvation can only be expressed because of grace.

So how much more change do I expect in my christian experiance? I am nineteen and expect a lot more. I am ninety and expect a lot more. The change that finds us here was bound in the grace when the Lord Jesus Christ shed his blood. What other source will ever give us change? If it be by the blood of that finished sacrifice that I still get change today, then what of faith?

Faith is a forgotten thing. It was of monumental discovery that the Lord Jesus Christ died on the cross for me. That if I was alone in need, he still would have come because God is perfect. What now of that discovery? It is the source of my spiritual life, and as my physical life must needs be changed to allow the Holy Spirit to magnify the Lords will in me, I see that it is also the source of my physical life for him.

Gods grace has answered every claim my sin had, yet it has also made a new creature out of me. This new creature is bound in the price paid for my soul being ransomned. I am bound in the grace of my Lord and savior Jesus Christ. I am no longer of this world, I am of heaven. If grace be the source of my life, then faith(the willingness to approach God through the truth of grace) is needed continually. I dont want to be a once faithful soul. Do you?

All I know is that I dont know everything God wants from me. I dont even know the start, because the start is exactly what I am troubled with now. What I know, is that it will start with faith. I will reside in the sacrifice of my Lord and find much blessing and divine direction. I am a simple person. We must needs pray for God to make us simpler. What is wrong with naivety if we are in the right? The gospel is foolishness to those who aren't saved, but it is the power of God to all that believe. It is our power, in every moment are we blessed because of the same grace.

Grace that will be remembered for all the endless ages of eternity. Grace that can change a soul from residing in death to residing in life. Grace that is the only source for any spiritual change in our lives. Grace that makes a christian wise, because heavenly teaching is of a divine contrast from even within our soul. Grace that grows exponentially as our faith(willingness) allows it. Grace that God will work with us continually even as we avoid his clear small voice. Grace that I'm even before you now with a note of care. Grace that worked in other souls and cried for mine, the same that I write of now, that fills my every void.

God bless you all. I pray this will be a note of encouragement to even one.

Proverbs 18:1 "Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh and intermeddleth with all wisdom."
chanelle

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2003, 12:20:10 AM »

Smiley  Grace is the only reason any of us have for our salvation.   There is nothing any of us can do to deserve our salvation, no matter how many laws we keep or scriptures we memorize.  Thank you, I was blessed to read your post.

Chanelle
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2003, 08:35:09 AM »

Smiley  Grace is the only reason any of us have for our salvation.   There is nothing any of us can do to deserve our salvation, no matter how many laws we keep or scriptures we memorize.  Thank you, I was blessed to read your post.

Chanelle

DITTO  Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2003, 09:15:11 AM »

PROVERBS 4 [4] He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words: keep my commandments, and live.[5] Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.[6] Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.[7] Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.[8] Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her.[9] She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee.

Yea, we all need grace

Jesus Christ, the same today, yesterday and foreever
lightsavour

coo coo caw

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2003, 12:41:36 PM »

Happy to bring happiness. Cheesy

I did not know where this came from, but it is becoming clearer. I have been struggling with horrendous failure in my young christian life. God has been blessing in that my desire to be out of this hole or pit has focused my heart on the source of my salvation. I see now how fully that my Lords blood was shed for me. The Lord Jesus Christ was not a sacrifice for all, he was a sacrifice for me. Thus he is my life, his blood is my redeeming sacrifice. I reside here now, and pray for more simplicity every day.

God bless.

Proverbs 18:1 "Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh and intermeddleth with all wisdom."
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2003, 06:14:21 AM »

Chanelle

Amen

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the