Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 02:15:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286811 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Hello
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1987 times)
Orion

Life is a terminal illness.

View Profile WWW
« on: August 28, 2004, 03:38:11 PM »

I wanted to join a forum where I could discuss matters of faith and hopefully learn more about myself and God in the process. I also wanted to be a part of a larger prayer chain where I could find and lend support as needed. Google suggested I come here, so here I came.

I am 19 years old, male (if I didn't say it, somebody would have asked or made a mistake) and a resident snowbird of the US. I enjoy using computers for just about anything, especially global communication. I am attending college in Florida near Venice, although I have not yet chosen a major, it will most likely be in the computer field. With so many encouters with the hardships of life the world over, and numerous non-christian friends, I needed a place to strengthen my faith. Having compassion for these people is not easy, and it takes it's toll on me. I have Aspergers Syndrome, so I'm not the most social type, nevertheless I do a fair job of overcoming it on the web. That's me in a nutshell.

I hope to be able to frequent this forum, however time is very illusional at this point in my life, so I cannot say for certian how often I will post. I have things to do still today, so I will leave it at that for now. I look forward to being a part of what God has working here.

~Orion

The moment judgement is passed, compassion is killed.
Music4Him

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2004, 03:50:35 PM »

Hey, Orion!  Glad to have you here!  I know all of us can work on strengthening our faith, but what better way to do that than amoung fellow Christians! Grin I hope you have a pleasent stay, and I look forward to getting to know you!

Faith means being sure of the things we hope for and knowing that something is real even if we do not see it. Hebrews 11:1
   The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor. The one who kneels to the Lord can stand up to anything.
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2004, 04:47:08 PM »

Hello and Welcome to Christian's Unite Orion!!    Wink

Blessings,  \o/

starrleicht

I'm a Christian!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2004, 05:15:35 PM »

Hello Orion!  You choose a great place - I, too have a disability and forums like this are, literally, a Godsend. People tend  - well, most of them anyway! - to be very friendly and non-judgemental.  I'm sure you'll love it here! Looking forward to your input!

Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2004, 04:01:16 PM »

Hello Orion!  You choose a great place - I, too have a disability and forums like this are, literally, a Godsend. People tend  - well, most of them anyway! - to be very friendly and non-judgemental.  I'm sure you'll love it here! Looking forward to your input!

Hello Starrleicht and Welcome to Christian's Unite!! Grin

I am Severely Disabled and I have my own forum hyper-linked in my banner below.  I have a  Disabilities/Resources Fourm for Everyone at Kristi Ann's Haven!!

Love Always,  \o/

MsGuidedAngel
AKA
KristiAnn

Orion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2004, 06:00:42 PM »

Thank you for the welcome Music4Him, MsGuidedAngel and Starrleicht (I'm going to have a hard time spelling that one, is there something else you would like me to call you by?)

I've found that many forums tend to non-judgemental. (some others however are polar opposites.) If it wasn't for those forums, I'd probably be under a rock in some lost corner of the web ;) Most of them were not Christian however, (there were a few Christians scattered amongst them, but the majority was not) so this will be a good oppurtunity to help me grow in my faith.

I looked at your proboard MsGuidedAngel, you have a lot of forums going there. I don't think I will be joining however, as I have little enough time as is. (I just delivered the announcement that I would be leaving another forum for this reason 20 minutes ago)

I really must be going now, I once again (typical MO) have things to get today.

<Off-topic topic> If anyone wants to see my poor excuse for a website here, you will have to do it in the next 4 days or so; it had a fatal problem before I even finished scripting the main page. Since it is getting discontinued so soon, I just uploaded the unfinished pages to give it a sendoff. ;) </topic>

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2004, 11:13:26 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Orion,

WELCOME!!!!  Please forgive my ignorance, what is a snowbird?   Cheesy  Could I guess that you are from Alaska?

Love In Christ,
Tom

Orion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2004, 08:34:57 AM »

'Snowbird' is the common term around here for one who moves with the seasons. I'm originally from Minnesota, though Alaska's weather isn't far off at times :). I move back and forth from Florida to Wisconsin each year.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2004, 11:31:04 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Orion,

Thanks for explaining "snowbird".   Cheesy  I'd never heard it put that way. We have fairly gentle winters in Oklahoma, but we don't have an ocean to swim in. We're working on that.   Cheesy

Love In Christ,
Tom

Orion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2004, 01:42:13 PM »

working on it eh? well let me know when you succeed. ;)

I live near the gulf coast, and as nice as the gulf is to look at, I try to avoid swimming in it. We do however enjoy dinner and a sunset on the beach from time to time. I enjoy a bit of photography from time to time, and as such I have a few good photos of it, perhaps I'll remember to get them uploaded one of these days when I have the time. Unfortunately, after going to the dark (digital) side of photography, none of them have turned out very well.

Yoyostick

L.E.A.H. and the Trashmobile

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2004, 02:44:33 PM »

You might say that I'm a snowbird. I've lived everywhere except for the northwest and I'm only 13. I was born in Pennsylvania (northeast), and then we moved to New Mexico (southwest, drastic change Tongue), and then Colorado (brrrr, 3ft of snow in October) and now Tennesse (southeast). We're almost back to where we started.  Cheesy

Jesus is Life!
"For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting LIFE." -John 3:16
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2004, 01:24:22 AM »

Hey there Orion, welcome to Christians Unite forums, see you on the boards. Grin

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2004, 03:43:20 PM »

Hey Bro!  Welcome to the threads.  Read ya on the boards before I'm thinkin', but hadn't said a proper "Hey." So, "hey."   Grin  Enjoy!

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Orion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2004, 12:14:20 AM »

thank you for the welcome.
Between the current weather (the hurricanes are particularily nasty this time of year), Computer problems and college, I won't be on very often for a while. Sorry if I'm just popping in and out over the next month or so.

I already have to get back to working out my computer problems, and then I have homework, so I'll have to leave it at that for now.

EDIT: I finally uploaded some of my photos, so... Clickie! Some sunset stuff, one of me (sort of) and a short video capture of the surf kicked up by the departing frances.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2004, 02:06:16 AM by Orion » Logged

TigerLily
Gold Member

Laugh often,long & loud.Laugh until you feel it!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2004, 04:25:57 PM »

hi there Orion,
Welcome to our forum, ive been to a few forums before and i have to say this one is my favorite and has been for some time, there are alot of people on here that are truly good at helping, encouraging, praying, keeping you loling etc,  being here  most times is a very enjoyable experience!! So Just hop right into posting and i look forward to seeing your posts on the boards!, even if its just when you got the time lol.. Not having much time is something i totally understand being a mother of 2 very active boys and have a husbands buisness to help take care of!! busy busy Wink
Tigerlily

Remember that tho the storms of life may rage & stir things up, cause chaos and at times many hurts, etc...In the end, It can unearth the most beautiful of treasure! Keep Holding on to Jesus thru the storm & He will indeed show you the beauty of life after its all settled & peaceful, Its His Plan!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the