Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:36:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A Little Background & Introduction
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Little Background & Introduction  (Read 3404 times)
RonPrice

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2004, 11:30:10 AM »

Ron Price is a retired teacher, aged 60. He taught for 30 years in primary, secondary and post-secondary schools. He lives with his wife Chris in Tasmania.  Their 3 children are now aged: 39, 34 and 27. Ron moved to Australia from Canada in 1971. He has written three books since 1999. They are all available on the internet for free. Here is some of his background, his working life from 2004 back to 1961:

2004           Writer: three books on Internet in 2003/4:
                      All Non-Fiction: Total 2000 pages.
2002-1999  Tutor and/or President: George Town School for Seniors Inc
                    Writer/Poet: Living in northeast Tasmania
                     Program Presenter, City Park Radio, Launceston
1999-1988   West Australian Department of Training: Lecturer In General
                     Studies(1988-1996); Lecturer in Human Services(1997-1999:July)
1987-1986   Acting Lecturer in Management Studies and Co-ordinator of    
                    Further Education Unit at Hedland College in South Hedland, WA.
1985-1982  Adult Educator, Open College of Tafe, Katherine, NT
1981            Maintenance Scheduler, Renison Bell, Zeehan, Tasmania
1980            Editor, External Studies Unit, Tasmanian CAE, Launceston
1979            Lecturer in Organizational Behaviour, Tasmanian CAE,  
                     Launceston
1978-1976  Lecturer in Social Sciences & Humanities, Ballarat CAE, Ballarat
1975            Lecturer in Behavioural Studies, Whitehorse Technical College,
                            Box Hill, Victoria
1974            Senior Tutor in Education Studies, Tasmanian CAE, Launceston
1973-1972   High School Teacher, South Australian Education Department
1971-1969   Primary School Teacher, Prince Edward County Board of
                      Education, Picton, Ontario, Canada
1968-67       Community Teacher, Department of Indian Affairs and Northern
                       Development, Frobisher Bay, NWT, Canada
1967-62       Various summer jobs from grade 12 to end of university
                            (Two High Schools in Canada; McMaster Uni:1963-1966;
                               Windsor Teachers College: 1966/7)

Goals:

1. At the age of 60 they are different than they were, say, at 10, 20,30, 40 or even 50 years of age.
2. I have just retired from full employment and plan to spend my time in retirement doing the following:
2.1 Writing books, essays, articles, poems et cetera.
2.2 Taking care of my wife who is ill.
2.3 Helping my children, now adults, with their lives.
2.4 Reading extensively
2.5 Keeping fit
2.6 Many other goals as well, too numerous to include here.

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 11:55:23 AM »

Interesting background.  Smiley

May I ask what drew you to a Christian forum, since Christ is the central Figure in it?  Smiley

Sadly, but truly, we know so little about the events of the life of Jesus of Nazereth that a good script writer, a good cinematographer and a big band of men and women can bring something to life that may never have happened at all.

And what is the basis for the Baha'i religion?  Smiley

RonPrice

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 12:12:43 PM »

Dear 'Sincere Heart,'

To answer briefly your two questions. Firstly, I was drawn to your site since I was raised in the Christian Faith from the years 1944 to 1959. In 1959 at the age of 15 I joined the Baha'i Faith, a Faith which accepts the virgin birth, the holiness of Christ and His redemptive role in history among a wide range of other teachings which make me in many ways a Christian, in some respects the same sort of way a Christian has a Jewish base. Feel free to find out more about the Baha'i Faith at a multitude of sites on the internet. (www.bahai.org; Planet Bahai, among other sites)

If you feel that it is inappropriate from your perspective for me not to be at your site, I am happy to exit and with no inharmony, understanding and accepting your decision. I am not at your site to cause any dissention or difficulties, just engage in dialogue with people who believe and are interested in religious questions from a Christian position.
  -Ron Price, Tasmania.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 12:15:08 PM by RonPrice » Logged
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 12:34:56 PM »

If you feel that it is inappropriate from your perspective for me not to be at your site, I am happy to exit and with no inharmony, understanding and accepting your decision.

It's not my decision to make, I'm just a poster here.  Smiley
There is no venom in my response to you. I have found that it's simply easier to just ask and not assume.

a Faith which accepts the virgin birth, the holiness of Christ and His redemptive role in history among a wide range of other teachings which make me in many ways a Christian

Do YOU believe that Christ is the only way to God?

Feel free to find out more about the Baha'i Faith at a multitude of sites on the internet.

Would that tell me what YOU believe?

Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2004, 01:55:24 PM »

Hello Ron,

Welcome to Christian's Unite!! Grin

Jesus Loves You unconditionally!! It's Never to late to turn back to the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, He cares for each of us here!

ummm, I would Stay Away from Baha'i Faith!! Turn to Jesus Christ, He is the Only Way, Truth and Life, No one comes to the Father, but, Through Him!!

Praying for you!  \o/

KristiAnn
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 10:36:15 PM by MsGuidedAngel » Logged

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 05:42:03 AM »

Hello Ron,

Jesus Loves You unconditionally!! It's Never to late to turn back to the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, He cares for each of us here!

ummm, I would Stay Away from Baha'i Faith!! Turn to Jesus Christ, He is the Only Way, Truth and Life, No one comes to the Father, but, Through Him!!

Praying for you!  \o/

KristiAnn

DITTO Grin

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2004, 02:03:11 AM »

Hello Ron,

Praying for you!  \o/

KristiAnn
AMEN, MGA... Grin

RonPrice

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 11:02:05 PM »

I will make this the last posting on this thread and my next post will be at a new thread, as advised. I am generally familiar with the Christian one-way story and have been for over 50 years. Some go for it and some don't. I will close this section with a beautiful prayer:
All praise, O my God, be to Thee Who art the Source of all glory and majesty, of greatness and honor, of sovereignty and dominion, of loftiness and grace, of awe and power.  Whomsoever Thou willest Thou causest to draw nigh unto the Most Great Ocean, and on whomsoever Thou desirest Thou conferrest the honor of recognizing Thy Most Ancient Name.  Of all who are in heaven and on earth, none can withstand the operation of Thy sovereign Will. From all eternity Thou didst rule the entire creation, and Thou wilt continue for evermore to exercise Thy dominion over all created things.  There is none other God but Thee, the Almighty, the Most Exalted, the All-Powerful, the All-Wise.
     Illumine, O Lord, the faces of Thy servants, that they may behold Thee; and cleanse their hearts that they may turn unto the court of Thy heavenly favors, and recognize Him Who is the Manifestation of Thy Self and the Day-Spring of Thine Essence. Verily, Thou art the Lord of all worlds.  There is no God but Thee, the Unconstrained, the All-Subduing.
                         (Baha'u'llah:  Prayers and Meditations, Pages: 94-97)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 03:07:58 AM »

I am 52 years old. i am real happy to find this forum.i have latelt yaken an interest in learning the different aspects of the bible. i am a cna/medtech. my job is that i serve the elderly.
my name is trish
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2006, 03:24:41 AM »

I will make this the last posting on this thread and my next post will be at a new thread, as advised. I am generally familiar with the Christian one-way story and have been for over 50 years. Some go for it and some don't. I will close this section with a beautiful prayer:

Hello Ron,

Belief in and acceptance of JESUS CHRIST as Lord and Saviour is and always will be the only way to be saved. That is according to ALMIGHTY GOD and the Holy Bible. Those who belong to JESUS CHRIST are Saved, and those who don't are lost and on their way to the eternal fires of hell. It's really just as simple as that.

Some folks pray to and make gods out of rocks, trees, and just about anything you can think of. Some of these folks even have pretty prayers, but they mean absolutely nothing. They would do just as well by praying to a dog or a cat, and some do. This is a Christian forum, so we don't have information like that posted here. For the same reasons, we don't have any pulpits here for Islam, Buddha, Hindu, or any other false religions. We have forum rules that address these issues, and they are enforced.

GOOD NEWS!

1:  Romans 3:10 NASB  as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE; THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD; ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME USELESS; THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD, THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE."

2:  Romans 3:23  NASB  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

3:  Romans 5:12  NASB  Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned--

4:  Romans 6:23  NASB  For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

5:  Romans 1:18  NASB  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

6:  Romans 3:20  NASB  because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

7:  Romans 3:27  NASB  Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith.

8:  Romans 5:8-9  NASB  But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.

9:  Romans 2:4  NASB  Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?

10:  Romans 3:22  NASB  even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction;

11:  Romans 3:28  NASB  For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

12:  Romans 10:9  NASB  that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

13:  Romans 4:21  NASB  and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform.

14:  Romans 4:24 NASB  but for our sake also, to whom it will be credited, as those who believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead,

15:  Romans 5:1  NASB  Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

16:  Romans 10:10  NASB  for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

17:  Romans 10:13  NASB  for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2006, 04:42:11 AM »

Amen Brother!

Joh 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Salvation is through Jesus only, prayers to any other god are indeed fruitless, a waste of time.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2006, 04:49:45 AM »

I am 52 years old. i am real happy to find this forum.i have latelt yaken an interest in learning the different aspects of the bible. i am a cna/medtech. my job is that i serve the elderly.
my name is trish

Hi trish. Welcome to Christians Unite.

I hope that you find what you are looking for here.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pizza_Mahal

First earth suck.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2006, 04:59:58 AM »

"How to become a Bahá’í?"
A person becomes a Bahá’í by recognizing Bahá’u’lláh as the Messenger of God for this age and accepting to follow His laws and teac......

Sigh, another demon Sad
How dare he or she used "Bahá’u’lláh"(Glory of God) as her or his name to try fool someone.
And their teach is so obvious too. Sad

otherwise:You be fooled by Satan or his demons! Get out of there! Shocked

Hello Ron,

Praying for you!  \o/

KristiAnn

AMEN!

Oh I forget! Welcome trish!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 05:26:00 AM by Pizza_Al » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the