Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:50:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Need help...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need help...  (Read 861 times)
BeatenWarrior

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2004, 11:10:02 AM »

I have been in a battle with this demon within me for so long...I try my best to be with god, but shortly I am just commiting the same sins an leaveing him again and again....It won't stop attacking. These sexual temptations...lies being whispered into my mind, my thoughts scrambled my mind stressed to keep away from them and with god....I had many conclusions with this problem....the cause being me living a dream that would never offer a thing back to me, or that just being something used to cover up the real problem and attack me more. Just recently I have lost again..no matter how much stronger I get there is always something there to defeat me in the battle between God, me and the evil sexual lust, temptations and addictions...all because of this on child in kindergarnden who forever scared me with his virus....the virus of sexual sin. I have not payed no attention to it until the age of late 12 it's been two years now and I still cannot defeat it....What am I doing wrong? Is it because I'm trying to defeat a invincible enemy? Is it my way of thinking about it? Or is it something else? I just don't know anymore....please show me guidence...I need your help.
jive4005

God has your back!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 03:44:32 PM »

BW... take it from this God saved, Holyghost filled ex-fornicator... sexual desires and sins are some of the most potent weapons in satan's stash.
KNOW this, that their is NOTHING in heaven or earth or under the earth that can separate you from the very real love of God.

Fact...
so ease up on the anxiety part and relax a bit... and see His great never-giving-up-on-you kinda love.

I too was held prisoner (as you are now) for years. I was unsaved and clueless. After I got saved (in 84) I figured things (desires) would ease up.
Well...
the devil is gonna hate you getting saved and into line with God SO....!!!... expect INCREASED attacks.
The devil loves showing God the he can control you. It's like a GOOD day for him. BUT God ALWAYS leaves us a way-out. It is different for everybody but for many it is simply that "free will" that God had the smarts to add to us!
That "free will" says all we gotta do is say NO to sin... to speak the name (out Loud... maybe several times) of Jesus and THEN the devil will flee (for a "time"... that means he's gonna COME BACK and try again.)
Remember, satan KNOWS what we LIKE! And he can make it look REAL PRETTY!

So, we are all in this thing. With us it's lust, with some it's integrity, others still fight the self esteem issues, drugs, gluttony... you get the picture. The difference between us and the sinners is that we are saved... the important thing to do when you fall down, is to get back up and do better next time! With God's all things are more than possible!

Know that I'm praying for you (and for me) right now. Be strong and be delivered in the name of Jesus the Christ... it is DONE! Amen

Deke

Are you really living the Christian life?
jive4005@hotmail.com
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 06:21:41 PM »

Dear BeatenWarrior,

Welcome to Christian's Unite!! Grin

Prayer Always helps in these issues!!

here are some things I learned along time ago....

The Three R's

Realize ~ who is tempting you

Resist ~ the devil and he'll flee from you

Rejoice ~ in Lord Jesus and Victory is yours!

F.ully R.ely O.n G.od
R.ely
O.n
G.od

FROG!!

Blessings and I will Pray for you!

Kristi

felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2004, 02:32:07 AM »

God designed us with the desire and hormones for sex. He created us that way: men have a very strong desire for women. Woman was created to be with Man. As long as a man is without a woman there will always be a sexual desire that exists in our bodies and there is absolutely nothing you can do to stop that. (In Genesis, God gave men the sexual desire for women. "Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you." Genesis 3:16)  Again, God put this desire in us. I can guarentee you that 99.9% of men in the world will have commited a sexual sin in all sins that exist and commit those sins most frequently out of all their sins. ("Things that cause people to sin are bound to come" LUke 17:1)

I say this because you are not alone at all. We are sinners and adultery, fornication, & sexual immorality are sins. Jesus died for all our sins: past, present, and future. Every single one of them. "Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." Romans 5:1

To defeat temptation, DO NOT think about trying to resist the temptation. If you do that...then you will be more inclined to give into the temptation! You must change your attention to something else. Every time that temptation pops into your head...immediately think about something else that will completely submerse your attention in that. Turn your attention to something else you enjoy doing or have done recently like a job promotion or your favorite computer game or a math problem that you couldnt figure out...anything that can completely take over your mind's entire contemplation. The most important thing to do is PRAY every time you sense that temptation coming on. Ask God for the strength to overcome this temptation and He will. "For he will never give you a tempation that will overwhelm you" (forgot which verse)

You may feel confused over this "why you seem to keep losing to this sin"...I tell you that Paul has gone through the same thing...we all go through this paradox.

So I find this law at work; When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law, but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God- through Jesus Christ our Lord!!
Romans 7:21-25

Brother, Jesus has died for your sins already and you know that you must be a slave to God, not a slave to sin. Have faith in God and pray for strength.
Praying for you.

It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable.
1 Thessalonians 4:3

Pray and the Lord will be faithful.
The Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.
2 Thessalonians 3:3
« Last Edit: August 18, 2004, 04:38:25 PM by felix102 » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the