Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:25:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Down but not out
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Down but not out  (Read 1074 times)
phizzkid

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2004, 04:02:15 AM »

I am trying to figure out where I stand with GOD at this point in my life.  I had finished 2 years at college, when I decided to join the ARMY and serve my country that I love.  

After a little more than a month into Infantry school, I recieved a call from my mother and father.  I knew something must have been really wrong because you just don't get phone calls in boot camp.  My father had been diagnosed with Pancriatic Cancer, which is always terminal.  I was able to get honorable discharged and was able to spend the next 5 or so months with my father before he passed away on April 10th.  

I know I have had many friends and strangers praying for me and my father, and I'm now living with some friends back at my college town.  I have had always believed in GOD where sometimes I thought I didn't when in Highschool.  And well now, I still feel I am missing something.  I have started to go to church with a friend well into christianity and the christain house on campus, where i enjoy singing in worship.

I suppose this post is to ask for prayer or a word or two of advice for someone feeling a little lost in life. I've always been a tough person, but this a wound where I have never felt its match.  At 21 I miss my father and his guidance a lot, and just need some help.

Thank you,
  Richie
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 04:15:09 AM »

I am trying to figure out where I stand with GOD at this point in my life.  I had finished 2 years at college, when I decided to join the ARMY and serve my country that I love.  

After a little more than a month into Infantry school, I recieved a call from my mother and father.  I knew something must have been really wrong because you just don't get phone calls in boot camp.  My father had been diagnosed with Pancriatic Cancer, which is always terminal.  I was able to get honorable discharged and was able to spend the next 5 or so months with my father before he passed away on April 10th.  

I know I have had many friends and strangers praying for me and my father, and I'm now living with some friends back at my college town.  I have had always believed in GOD where sometimes I thought I didn't when in Highschool.  And well now, I still feel I am missing something.  I have started to go to church with a friend well into christianity and the christain house on campus, where i enjoy singing in worship.

I suppose this post is to ask for prayer or a word or two of advice for someone feeling a little lost in life. I've always been a tough person, but this a wound where I have never felt its match.  At 21 I miss my father and his guidance a lot, and just need some help.

Thank you,
  Richie
Hi phizzkid, welcome to Christians Unite forums. I have already added your name onto the prayer list. Being a Christian can be a hard job sometimes. Please remember that God, won't give us more then we can handle.
Praying for you.

Music4Him

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 12:27:19 PM »

Hi, PhizzKid.  I'm glad you could join us here at Christians Unite!  I'm terribly sorry about your father.  In Romans 8:28 the Bible says "We know that everything works together for the good of those who love him.  They are the people he called, because that was his plan."  Sometimes it's hard to understand why bad things happen, but I believe God does have a plan for you, and He will work this situation out for good even though the end doesn't seem to be in sight.  The only advice I can give is not to give up and keep the faith!  I'll add you to my prayer list as well!  God Bless You!

Faith means being sure of the things we hope for and knowing that something is real even if we do not see it. Hebrews 11:1
   The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor. The one who kneels to the Lord can stand up to anything.
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 01:45:07 PM »

Dear Richie,

Welcome to Christian's Unite!!! Grin

I am so sorry about your father!  I am glad you had sometime to spend with him.  My own daddy took his life due to cancer that spread to his liver. I know how you feel honey, I will Pray for you.

Please Email me at anytime to KristiAnn's Email, and we can talk more if you like. I know grief is not fun, but you can find support here okay. Plus there are Hospice places that can and will help you!

Love ya sweetie,  \o/

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the