Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:26:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286775 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  new marriage
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: new marriage  (Read 1672 times)
beachgrl

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2004, 10:25:25 AM »

I have been married a year now to my best friend. We moved 5 hours away from my home to live in his home town. I am excited to try new things but it has been very hard to be away from my family. We have tried to get involved with a church but my husband's job calls for him to work crazy hours and he works a lot of Sundays. I work 40+ hours a week so we dont get to spend much time together. I am lonely & sometimes depressed! Why is it so hard for me to draw close to God during this time? I should want to spend all my free time getting to know my Savior more. Any words of wisdom?
HeavenlyPink

There is no Greater Love!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 01:38:23 PM »

Hello, I am not married. Undecided But, as with any other trial you must pray, praise, and fast your way through.  I really believe that if you do these things God Will change the state of your circumstances.  Now when it comes to lack of motivation, you must Press.  When you absolutely don't feel like it you must press and sit down and pull out the bible.  If there is nothing in particular that is in your heart to read, then read about your situation. (If there is no concordance or anything of that nature to help you research your situation try the bible search on this website or, try bible.com or biblegateway.com).  Anyway, after pressing, you will see the Lord will inspire you to read more.  Talk to the Lord about the situation.  You have to press, the more you talk to Him about it the easier it will get over time and then when you start to see changes in the situation that will only motivate you to talk and fast and pray about the situation.  You also should watch what you watch.  Watching sappy love stories, or any show on this subject can feed your depression or provoke that emotional response.  You have to press, praise, pray, and fast, and watch God turn this around for you.  Don't focus on Goliath focus on the almighty God.  I pray that this helps you and I believe that your situation will change.

God is never shocked by what you do or what goes on in this world. Never!
M

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 09:30:06 AM »

Make a regular time everyday for pray and bible study.  Some people even get up extra early to pray before work.  Others like to study in the evenings.  

Get a hobby that interests you.  Learn to sew, crochet, knit.  You can make things to put away or give away for gifts.  This will give you something to do when you are not at work.

You can go to church alone if your husband is away.  There is no reason why you can't if you can get there.  If you don't have transportation, you might be able to have someone from the church give you a lift.  

Before you got married, you surely had time for "dates" with your husband.  Talk to your husband about your feelings.  So pull out the calendar and make some dates that you both can book off work, even just once a month.  You both can spend quality time together rather than just watching television in the same room.  
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the