Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:20:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Why Do People Go To Hell?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why Do People Go To Hell?  (Read 2460 times)
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2004, 06:17:35 AM »

Why Do People Go To Hell?

Most believe it is because of sin. But this is not so.
People go to hell because of unbelief.

There are two issues here.

1. Christ has paid (past tense) for all sin, for all men for all time.

This is evident for the scripture says, Heb 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

All of our sin was in the future when Christ died. The issue is belief and trust.

2. Belief of the truth is what God is looking for. Notice:

1 Tim 4:10 ... because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Those who will not believe that Christ paid for their sins will have to pay for them themselves, for eternity, in the lake of fire.

The choice is yours but I beg you in Christ stead to put your trust in HIM and HIM alone.

Christ died – that's history

Christ died for me – that’s salvation

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Col. 1:27 To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 02:20:11 AM »

This is evident for the scripture says, Heb 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

All of our sin was in the future when Christ died. The issue is belief and trust.

1 Tim 4:10 ... because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Those who will not believe that Christ paid for their sins will have to pay for them themselves, for eternity, in the lake of fire.

The choice is yours but I beg you in Christ stead to put your trust in HIM and HIM alone.

Christ died – that's history

Christ died for me – that’s salvation

Col. 1:27 To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

<Smiley))><
Amen, Brother Love.
Theres only one thing I would like to add to an excellent post.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 08:26:14 AM »

Christ died &#8211; that's history

Christ died for me &#8211; that&#8217;s salvation

<Smiley))><
Amen, Brother Love.
Theres only one thing I would like to add to an excellent post.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

AMEN!! DreamWeaver!  Grin

grace

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2004, 12:20:40 PM »

Amen Brother Love, that it is lack of belief anf trust in God that is the problem!!!

Re.
:

Firstly, why do people not trust and believe?
A student once approached a Christian professor of theology and stated, "I don't believe in God!" To which the wise professor replied, "Tell me about this 'god' you don't believe in; chances are I don't believe in him either." (Note: I did not capitalize, because in this instance it is not truly God that it refers to). A few years ago, I didn't trust God or desire a relationship with Him; why would I, given that my understanding of Him was that my only contact with Him would be when I walked up to that seat of Judgement to be sent either to the up-place or the down-place, that He would no doubt be extremely disappointed in me, and that I knew I didn't deserve the up place and was probably going down... The disappointment was the worst part of all, believe it or not; I hoped that He didn't care, because that would make it easier.

I now believe that it is only those who, knowing fully who God is, still rejects Him who will not be welcomed into the Kingdom of Heaven.

I have a question and a challenge for you all. What of those who don't come to know Him in this life? Some say they are damned to hell, but does it explicitly state anywhere in the Bible that if you die without having come to know Christ, there is no opportunity after death, that nothing can happen between death and our arrival at our final destination?

In His love,

-Grace

++Blood Bought++

Hmmmm....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2004, 09:36:39 AM »

In answer to your question, read 2 Peter chapter 2.

Also, 1 John 5:10-12. "He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life."

++If the human race were across the sea, what a good swimmer God would be++
grace

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2004, 07:29:46 PM »

Hi ++Blood Bought++, and anyone else following this,

My question needed to be more specific:

Most believe that if someone truly converts and accepts Christ as their Lord and Savior even on their deathbed, they are saved. This is what I believe too.

But supposing they don't come to know Christ before death. Could it be that they meet Him after death, and have the opportunity to learn who He truly is, and recognize and accept Him as their Lord and Savior?

It is assumed, because it is the generaly accepted teaching, that they are lost unless they accept Him before death. But is this the teaching of the Bible, and if so, where is it?

In His love,

-Grace
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2004, 04:26:03 AM »

Hi ++Blood Bought++, and anyone else following this,

My question needed to be more specific:

Most believe that if someone truly converts and accepts Christ as their Lord and Savior even on their deathbed, they are saved. This is what I believe too.

But supposing they don't come to know Christ before death. Could it be that they meet Him after death, and have the opportunity to learn who He truly is, and recognize and accept Him as their Lord and Savior?

It is assumed, because it is the generaly accepted teaching, that they are lost unless they accept Him before death. But is this the teaching of the Bible, and if so, where is it?

In His love,

-Grace

NO SECOND CHANCE.

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2004, 06:44:41 AM »

Does God send people to hell?

Ephesains 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma.

Gen 3:3 "but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, 'You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.' "

Rom 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned--

Adam ate of the forbidden fruit, in open rebellion against God. This original sin signified man attempting to become his own God and denying the truth of God’s word. This was nothing subtle but an open hostile attack on God’s authority. Upon eating this fruit Adam died an immediate spiritual death and eventually also died a physical death. Because we are offspring of Adam we have inherited this sin nature from Adam.

God is holy and that is why he abhors sin. Anything that is not absolutely pure God separates himself from. It is sin that keeps us from entering heaven. Nothing unpure can enter into heaven. There is nothing man can do to cleave sin from himself and without God’s intervention we are doomed to spend eternity in hell.

Gal 2:16 "knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.

Some have attempted to do good works, thinking if they can earn their way into heaven. They feel that if they eventually do enough good works it will outweigh the bad. Nothing unpure can enter into heaven and simply hiding the bad behind the good will not work.

Isa 64:6 But we are all like an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags; we all fade as a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Rom 3:10 As it is written: "There is none righteous, no, not one;

Others believe that they are deserving of heaven or at least have not done anything that should disqualify them from entering into heaven. These people clothe themselves in their own righteousness, often comparing themselves to murders, rapists, thieves, or other malcontents. When they do this they come out smelling good and wonder what type of God would not allow them entrance into heaven. If you come knocking on God’s door dressed in your own righteousness, God does not see you as a creature of beauty but as a creature dressed in filthy rags. In God’s eye you are no better than the murder you compared yourself to earlier.

Eph 1:7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace

1Co 15:3-4 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

Eph 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Act 16:30-31 And he brought them out and said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" So they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household."

People often accuse God of SENDING people to hell but that is as far from the truth as you can get. God has given people a choice. He has thrown the doors of heaven wide open and shouted COME ALL. All who answer the call are welcome. But if you do not want to enter God can not force you. So, if you refuse to spend eternity with God by your own choice, it is you, not God who has determined your eternal future. So won’t you answer God’s call and spend eternity in heaven. The only thing required from you is to accept God’s gift of salvation by trusting in Christ and what he accomplished in our behalf.

Rom 8:32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?

Some people avoid answering God’s call because they feel they may have committed an act that would bar them from heaven. If this is the case do not let this stop you. God has declared there is none righteous and no one is qualified to enter heaven. It is not what you have or have not done that determines your entrance into heaven but what God accomplished with the Son on the cross of Calvary

2Co 5:21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

God in the ultimate act of mercy and love sent his perfect sinless Son to die our death. (Pay our penalty for sin). Every sin we have committed or will commit Christ has already died for. All we need to do is believe in God and accept this wonderful gift and we are guaranteed to spend eternity with God. What a wonderful truth!

As you can see God does not SEND people to hell. He sacrificed his Son, so that ALL may enter the gates of heaven. There are only two choices: heaven or hell and he has left that choice to us.

To get a better understanding of God, a good study would be to study some of his characteristics. Look up and study passages that reference his attributes. Here is a partial list: God is just, righteous, merciful, love, faithful, God of peace, God of hope.

After you do this study you will get a better picture of God and you will see He is not a cruel, unjust, unrighteous God who would send people to hell but a righteous, just, merciful God who has done everything necessary to secure your eternal salvation.

1 Timothy 1:14 And the grace of our Lord was exceedingly abundant, with faith and love which are in Chirst Jesus.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"TO MAKE ALL MEN SEE" (Ephesians 3:9). ...."to testify THE GOSPEL of the GRACE of God." (Acts 20:24). Believing Christ died, that's HISTORY. Believing Christ died "FOR" Your sins and rose again, that's SALVATION. "Maranatha"

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
grace

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2004, 11:04:54 AM »

Brother Love wrote:

NO SECOND CHANCE.
We have a window of opportunity, I agree, within which a choice needs to be made, and there are no second chances. But where in Scripture does it specify that it is at our physical death that the window closes, and not after, once we have come face to face with the Reality of who God truly is?

Brother Love wrote:
He is not a cruel, unjust, unrighteous God who would send people to hell but a righteous, just, merciful God who has done everything necessary to secure your eternal salvation.
AMEN!!!

Brother Love wrote:
God is holy and that is why he abhors sin... It is sin that keeps us from entering heaven. Nothing unpure can enter into heaven. There is nothing man can do to cleave sin from himself and without God’s intervention we are doomed to spend eternity in hell.
With this I agree completely.

Brother Love also wrote:
Anything that is not absolutely pure God separates himself from.

With this I do not. After all, did Jesus not surround Himself with the tax collectors, the prostitutes, etc. etc.? How could He intervene, if He separated Himself? I think the barrier is on our side, not God's.

Brother Love wrote:
hiding the bad behind the good will not work.
Amen!

Others believe that they are deserving of heaven or at least have not done anything that should disqualify them from entering into heaven.
These fail to see the depth of the life to which God is calling us. He's not interested in our following along with the rules like a bunch of ideally-behaved schoolchildren. He is calling us to be the fully free and joyful people that He created us to be. To think that we can do so on our own is to either desperately overestimate our ability to transform our own lives, or to desperately underestimate the selves that He created us to be and calls us to be: His creation.
Psalm 139:14 - "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made"

People often accuse God of SENDING people to hell but that is as far from the truth as you can get. God has given people a choice. He has thrown the doors of heaven wide open and shouted COME ALL. All who answer the call are welcome. But if you do not want to enter God can not force you. So, if you refuse to spend eternity with God by your own choice, it is you, not God who has determined your eternal future. So won’t you answer God’s call and spend eternity in heaven. The only thing required from you is to accept God’s gift of salvation by trusting in Christ and what he accomplished in our behalf.
AMEN!!!
I would amend only one thing. I think that God is quite capable of forcing us to make a certain choice; He is all-powerful, after all. But He chooses to not do so. He will not force any one of us. (Oh dear; I guess I'm getting nit-picky) Wink

God in the ultimate act of mercy and love sent his perfect sinless Son to die our death. (Pay our penalty for sin). Every sin we have committed or will commit Christ has already died for.
If by this you mean to suggest that the full sum of what Christ did for us on the cross was to pay our tickets so that we could be debt-free and be let in, I must disagree with you strongly! What I am arguing against here is a strictly transactional approach to the crucifixion, to the idea that Christ was simply buying back God's favor for us- as I see it, if anything diminishes the crucifixion, it is that. This view does not really hold us to task for our sin; it implies to me, at least, that since my account has been settled no matter what I can do whatever turns my crank and not have to worry about it as long as my name is on the Accepted-Jesus-As-Savior Contract. What I do does matter; it doesn't matter to my salvation, but it does matter!
    So what do I believe Jesus did on the cross? I don't think that we ever will wrap our heads around the depth, magnitude and complexity of what He did for us, at least not in this life. This is really difficult for me to explain, therefore, but here goes:
    I believe that Jesus paid the price for our sin, but I don't believe that it was to God that He paid the price; the idea of to whom is where the analogy- and all theology can only ever be analogy- breaks down. God's love isn't overridden by God's justice, and Jesus wasn't satisfying God's need to exact His pound of flesh for every wrong committed. As I understand it, He did the most powerful thing that could ever be done to prove the depth of His love for us, to wake us up, to make us see, to let us understand; and paid a terrible price to do so. He did so because that is what it would take to break our hearts of stone, and give us hearts for love alone. And yet, somehow, that is only scratching the surface of what He did.
    He didn't just pay a price for it, He took it on. He did so in many ways, most of which I just cannot fathom. He showed us by the outward sacrament of His sacrifice the inward reality of God, that our sorrows are His sorrows, and our pain truly is His pain, by living (and dying) our pain. Even the agony of our separation from Him. How can God live separation from Himself? And yet, somehow He did, in the same way as Jesus was somehow both fully God and fully human, at once, without one ever impinging upon the other. "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" Fully God, and fully human.

From my journal (Nov. 21/02):
Dear Jesus,
    My Lord and my God,

That is the thing, that was the big thing, that you suffered the apparent severance of that connection between you and the Father. All of the other stuff, the physical pain, the betrayal, paled in comparison to that, didn't it? To be without Him who was your Everything.
        The awfullest of moments.
    And in that moment you truly, truly took on the Sin, the separation of the world.
    The agony of that moment is so far beyond my imagination. It is with that that you prove to us that you really, really do plumb the depths of our suffering, and beyond.

Thank-you.

I can't say that I fully understand what I wrote that day; I no longer even understand it to the extent that I understood it in that moment. I do believe that I had a hold of something real and true, though. The degree to which I had it fast and comprehended it fully was no more than the degree to which a five-year-old dangling from a deathgrip on the tip of the tail of an elephant has caught that elephant and knows all there is to know about elephant behavior and anatomy.
    And what could I say, in response to what He'd done for me, but "Thank-you"? Never have words ever been so utterly inadequate as in that awe-ful moment.

I don't know where to end on this any more than I knew where to begin. There's so much more, but I don't think that I have words for it right now. I may not ever. But it isn't the mechanics of it, the only thing that words can capture, the gnostic, that is the essence of it. It is in what can only be found between the lines. It is in what makes a painting art and not just a painting. It is in what happened, what happens between us and God when God did what He did in Jesus.

In His love,

-Grace

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2004, 05:19:49 PM »

I have a question and a challenge for you all. What of those who don't come to know Him in this life? Some say they are damned to hell, but does it explicitly state anywhere in the Bible that if you die without having come to know Christ, there is no opportunity after death, that nothing can happen between death and our arrival at our final destination?

I might be able to find a better answer for this with time, but my first thought is this.

Heb 9:27  And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

As the penalty for sin is death, how can Christ pay the debt if a man pays for it himself...that is, dieing in his own sin?  

Rom 8:2  For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

How can one be made free from the law of sin and death once he has met his appointment with death already?

I'm sure there is a better answer, but I must run to work now.

Grace and Peace!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2004, 09:36:59 AM by 2nd Timothy » Logged

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2004, 09:11:49 PM »

I might be able to find a better answer for this with time, but my first thought is this.

Heb 9:27  And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

As the penalty for sin is death, how can Christ pay the debt if a man pays for it himself...that is, dieing in his own sin?  

Rom 8:2  For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

How is one be made free from the law of sin and death once he has met his appointment with death already?

I'm sure there is a better answer, but I must run to work now.

Grace and Peace!

Thanks 2Tim Amen Bro

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2004, 09:18:22 PM »

You Don't Have to go to Hell

One reason many people never get saved is they think they have committed sins too awful for God to forgive. Such thinking underestimates the grace of God.
And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; (Col. 2:13)
Notice that the verse does not say some trespasses or most trespasses or even all trespasses except the really bad ones. The verse says all trespasses, and God means what he says. There is no sin you have committed that is larger than God's grace.
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. (1Timothy 1:15)
Paul was the chief of sinners, yet Christ saved him. If Paul can be saved, anyone can be saved -- including you.

The reason that no sin will prevent you from being saved is that salvation is not based upon what you do or what you have done.
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
Salvation is based upon what Christ accomplished on the cross.
For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: (1Corinthians 15:3,4)
Christ paid the penalty on the cross that you could not pay, and his blood covered all of your sins: past, present, and future.

If you go to Hell, it will not be because you have committed a sin so terrible that God cannot forgive it. Rather, it will be because you have chosen to reject the free offer of salvation through faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.

Don't let the sins in your past ruin your future. Trust Christ's shed blood as the sufficient payment for your sins today.  

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2004, 05:06:28 PM »

Why did God Create Hell?

Why did God create Hell? Did you ever wonder? Was it because of Adam’s sin? We could make assumptions or philosophy about it, or we could go to the source, the Word of God, the Bible, to find out. Let’s study and find out WHY?

Look at this statement in Matthew 25:41: "Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels." Verse 46 clearly indicates that this verse is referring to a place of "everlasting punishment," HELL, and it was prepared for the Devil and his angels.

How did this happen? When did this happen? God’s Word reveals this for us. Before we go on, lets understand something. Satan is effectively in control of the world and heavenly places TODAY. Just look around if you are in doubt. The newspaper, the television,… this is not my Father’s world! It is not the way he has designed it. Look what Ephesians 6:12 says about today. "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." And in Ephesians 2:2 God says: "Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:" In Luke 4:5-8, the devil offers Jesus Christ the kingdoms of this world. Christ does not deny that Satan has these kingdoms. You see this world and even the heavens are a mess because they are in the hands of the deceiver, the Devil. He effectively is in control of heaven and earth.

Well how is it that Satan gained control? Let’s see what happened. Read Ezekial 28:12 –15. This is a picture of Lucifer, Satan before the fall. It says that he was the "anointed cherub that covereth … perfect in beauty … full of wisdom." He was the sum of God’s creation, the bottom line, an angelic creature with built in musical capacity and creativity, with the God ordained ministry of leading all of creation in the honor and worship of God. He was perfect in his ways, till iniquity was found in him. What was that sin? I Timothy 3:16 informs us that it was pride! Ezekial 28:16-19 clues us in on what happened. He was lifted up because of his beauty, his wisdom became corrupted as he looked at himself. Lucifer began to think that his leading of creation in the worship of God should really be focused on him. So he crafted a devious plan, a revolt, and he sold that plan amongst the angelic creation. Verses 16 and 18 state that he merchandised and trafficked his plan. In Isaiah 14:12-15 God reveals the actual thought processes that Lucifer went through and his desire, the 5 ‘I will’s" of Satan. While each has a specific meaning, the last one is particularly insightful. In Isaiah 14:15 Lucifer states: "…I will be like the most High." This is a name of God and has special meaning. Genesis 14:19 says that this name means "Possessor of Heaven and Earth." And that is exactly what Satan did. He led a rebellion, a revolt, a coup and literally took possession of Heaven and Earth. The book of Revelation indicates that 1/3 of the angelic host followed Satan in that revolt ( Revelation 12: 4, 7-9) to usurp the authority of God. Daniel 10:21 says that only 2 of the top angels in God’s government stayed with God. The rest followed Satan.

So what did God do? Did God get caught off guard? No! God is never surprised. He never reacts. He didn’t cause Satan to sin. That was his choice. But God had a remedy already in place. First God reveals to Satan and his angels Hell. God states in Ezekial 28:18 that He will " bring forth a fire from the midst of thee..." (Satan). Hell. It stopped the rebellion in its tracks and the angelic defection ceased. In Isaiah 14:15 the Lord states that Satan would be "brought down to Hell, to the sides of the pit." You see, Hell was prepared for the Devil and his angels, for their rebellion, and not for mankind.

So how did man get involved in this awful place? God created man with a two fold purpose. First with the purpose of bringing the Earth back under His control. He tells Adam in the garden to "subdue" the Earth and have "dominion." (Genesis 1:28) This purpose is followed through scripture and culminates with the nation Israel through which Christ will set up His Kingdom on the Earth with Israel as an holy nation, a royal priesthood. (Exodus 19:5,6) This is God’s prophetic or revealed purpose, "spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began" ( Acts 3:21). The second purpose is God’s secret purpose, the Mystery, which involves His reclaiming the heavenly places. A purpose that God had planned in His heart in eternity past, "..kept secret since the world began" (Romans 16:25), until He revealed it through the Apostle Paul. This purpose centers in the Body of Christ, (Ephesians 3:1- 6) which has an heavenly calling and purpose. This is our purpose. We are a new creation, a heavenly people. Notice Ephesians 1:10 which states that we now know God’s secret will, "That in the dispensation of the fullness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him."

But what did mankind do? Adam sinned and plunged all of mankind into sin (Romans 5:12) and into the same payment for sin, Hell (Romans 6:23). But God had a plan for mankind, Calvary. This was the second part of the remedy. And God planned this in eternity past (Titus 1:2), but kept it secret (I Corinthians 2:6-9). The Lord Jesus Christ in going to the cross and paying for the sins of all mankind is the culmination of God’s purpose. It provides for the salvation of mankind and it spells the defeat of Satan. The King and the Head of the Body LIVES. Satan has been defeated. In Colossians 2:14,15 it says that through the work of the cross that the Lord Jesus Christ "spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it." All that awaits is the Lord Jesus Christ taking up the reigns of power as King on the Earth and as Head of the Body in Heaven.

But why is He waiting if Satan is already defeated? In II Peter 3:15, Peters tells us what Paul says, "Account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation." You see each day that the Lord waits, He suffers long with the deeds of Satan, with the deeds of fallen man, yet His waiting is an opportunity for individuals to come to salvation through Jesus Christ. Maybe He is waiting for you. Do you know for certain that you are a child of God? Are you going to Heaven?

Christ shed his blood and died, was buried and rose again that you might have eternal life and spend eternity with Him rejoicing in love (I Corinthians 15:3,4, Romans 3:23-26). By faith you can become a child of God. Otherwise, as a sinner by nature, you will participate in something that God never intended for mankind, Hell (Revelation 20:11-15, 21:Cool Man’s rebellion has caused him to fall under the same condemnation. Whose side are you on?

Why not accept Christ as your Saviour today? Trust Him.

By John Harris, teacher Ambassador Sunday School Class, Altoona Bible Church
http://www.altoonabible.org/

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2004, 04:10:40 AM »

What Did Jesus Say About Hell?

Is Hell real?

Many churches say it is not; that it is merely symbolic, or a myth. Some churches go as far as to say Jesus taught nothing but love--that He never judged or condemned anyone, and that everyone will eventually be with Him for eternity. Rather than being honestly ignorant of what the Bible plainly teaches, such people pick and choose which parts of the Bible they want to believe, and ignore the rest. But if the words of Jesus mean anything, then Hell is real, and real people go there. He believed in it, even if many professing Christians do not.

Unless you repent, you will perish (Luke 13:3)

When the Son of man [Jesus] shall come in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then shall He sit upon the throne of His glory; and before Him shall be gathered all the nations; and He shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides His sheep from the goats (Matthew 25:31-32).

So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just, and shall cast them into the furnace of fire, where there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 13:49-50)

But the children of [Satan?s] kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness, where there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 8:12).

And cast the unprofitable servant into utter darkness, where there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 25:3 ).

And cut him asunder, and appoint his portion with the hypocrites, where there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 24:51).

There was a certain rich man, who was clothed in purple and fine linen, and ate sumptuously every day; and there was a beggar named Lazarus, who, covered with sores, lay outside the rich man?s gate. And it came to pass that the beggar died, and was carried away by the angels to Abraham?s bosom. The rich man also died, and was buried. In Hell he lifted up his eyes, being in torment, and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus with him. And he cried and said, "Father Abraham, have mercy on me! Send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am tormented in this flame." But Abraham said, "Son, remember that you, in your lifetime, received good things; likewise, Lazarus received evil things. But now he is comforted, and you are tormented. Besides this, between us and you there is fixed a great gulf, so that they which would pass from our side to you cannot, nor can those who would come from your side? (Luke 16:19-26).

And if your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is better for you that one of your body parts should perish, rather than your whole body
be cast into Hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away from you; for it is better for you that one of your body parts should perish, and not your whole body be cast into Hell (Matthew 5:29-30).

And these [the unrepentant] shall go away into everlasting punishment; but the righteous into life eternal (Matthew 25:46).

But the fearful, and unbelievers, and the abominable, and murders, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death (Christ?s Revelation to John, 21:Cool.

So what do you think? Did Jesus believe in a literal place called Hell? Did He believe and teach that those who reject Him will spend eternity there? Did He take Hell seriously enough to warn people about it? Make no  mistake: Jesus said that hell is real, and that real people go there.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
http://www.ephesians3-9.com/view/?pageID=47877

Ephesians 3:9 Ministries

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
grace

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2004, 11:50:09 PM »

Brother Love wrote:
There is no sin you have committed that is larger than God's grace
Amen!!! We are very much on the same page here! Praise be to Him who is infinitely larger than, and whose love is infinitely larger than, the very worst that we can do!

Brother Love wrote:
The reason that no sin will prevent you from being saved is that salvation is not based upon what you do or what you have done.
Again here! Amen! The gift of God's grace has nothing to do with earning and deserving. A true gift is not given because it is earned; an earned "gift" ceases to be a gift.

Brother Love wrote:
Christ paid the penalty on the cross that you could not pay.
Here I must disagree. And please note: I am not suggesting that Christ did less than this on the cross; I am suggesting that He in fact did far more, as I explained in my last post on this thread. Christ's death was not about paying a penalty; there is virtually no support for this biblically.

It will take me some time to reply to your other posts, Brother Love; I'm getting married in a week and a half, and I'm going to be a little distracted...  Tongue

In His love,

-Grace
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the