Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:22:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Happy to have found you!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Happy to have found you!  (Read 1033 times)
BronxBriar
« on: August 01, 2004, 09:18:26 AM »

A dear spiritual friend told me about you all, so here I am. Here's a little intro:

I was born and raised a Roman Catholic. I attended a Roman Catholic elementary and high school. By that time my family had stopped attending church and was quite surprised when I applied for and then attended a college-seminary. After receiving my degree I entered the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). Three years later, for various reasons, (theological, moral, spiritual, and personal), I discerned that it was time to leave the order.

Two years later I married. I remained a deeply spiritual person but a nominal catholic. My job at that time was in a building that was connected to a Lutheran church and I worshipped there most days of the week. I also took a brief look at the episcopal church and eastern orthodoxy. During this time I even took some graduate course in religious studies offered by the local catholic seminary to see if I could find answers to my theological/spiritual questions . But something was still missing. I was not looking for a church that fit my preconceived notions. I was looking for a church that wasn't afraid of offending me! One that spoke the gospel truth of personal sin and personal salvation.

After a few job changes during the 90's I had what I call my turning point. Understand that I have always felt the presence of God in my life. I still had not fully given myself over to Him...I certainly was not 'saved' at that point. But as I was driving one afternoon I took a road I had never been on, and passed a nice looking building with a sign out front near the road that read "First Baptist Church". I felt compelled to check it out. It was as if God took the steering wheel and drove right down the driveway. I knocked on the door of the pastor's office and the rest is history as they say. The teachings of the baptist church were God's teachings - from its understanding of the sacraments and ministry to its total immersion in God's Word - I knew I was home.

I worshipped with that community for some time, and it was wonderful. It was part of the ABC and it provided me with a wonderful intoduction to baptist faith and worship. Recently I have been fortunate to find a local bible believing church. God has been patient with this sinner. It is not easy for some former Roman Catholic's to make the move. I held back from a full committment. There can be guilt and family issues that weigh on one's mind. They sure did with me. But I guess like a teapot that's ready to boil I realized it was time to act. And with the help of some friends and a wonderful community of internet believers I finally accepted Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior on May 19th of this year. I now realize it was all HIS doing, it was amazing Grace, His call, His work. He is the ever faithful one. Amen!

The only open issue for me is if I should be re-baptized or not. That I am prayerfully considering.

My wife is still a nominal catholic and she is very supportive. She has no problem with me bringing the children to church and perhaps one day she will make the move as well.

Thank you for letting me share part of my life story. I look forward to sharing in your wisdom and insights.

Warm regards,
Henry
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 08:48:51 PM »

Hey hiya Henry and welcome to Christian's Unite!  Grin

This is a wonderful place to learn from!

Blessings,  \o/

Music4Him

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2004, 11:11:54 PM »

Wow!  What a testimony!  Praise God for that!  I will be praying for you as you grow in the Lord, and for your family as well.  I'm glad you could join here!  May God bless you!

Faith means being sure of the things we hope for and knowing that something is real even if we do not see it. Hebrews 11:1
   The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor. The one who kneels to the Lord can stand up to anything.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2004, 01:28:51 AM »

Hello BronxBriar, welcome to Christian Unite forums.

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2004, 05:36:48 AM »

Welcome aboard  BronxBriar  Smiley

"Grace & Peace"

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2004, 02:22:13 PM »

Hello Henry,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! on the most important decision of your life, accepting Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour. WELCOME!!!!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the