Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:01:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  My Story
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Story  (Read 17770 times)
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2004, 08:17:52 PM »

KristiAnn, do you know if there's a Dental College in your area?  I've just been through 18 months of dental treatment in London, Ontario (about 2 hours from where I live) and the cost is minimal.  And since my husband died, my income was cut drastically so they let me pay such a tiny amount each month with no interest.  And you get a better job done at a Dental College as they have the time to spend and the professor is right there making sure that the work is done perfectly.

My friend found out that there's one in Edmonton, Alberta and so she travelled to there to get to partial plates done and she's so happy with the work.

So this might be something you could check for your teeth problems.  

Dear Pat,

Those are wonder Suggestions SweetAngelSis!

However, I have No Money at all to pay for any dental work..  Cry

I hope they can take the Severely Disabled with no money for free hopefully...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

December 12th, 2004 5:15PM pst

My Depression is Very Severe right now, due to my Severe Disabilities I have and no income to take care of my monthly needs since the year 2003..

I have been in contact with Joni and Friends!, this is so I can get an Electric Wheelchair. I am so weak in my both knees now I can barly walk even w/ my walker. I will be Lord Willing in an Electric WheelChair soon, as my upper body cannot push a wheelchair with my arms. My C5-C6 ruptured disk, takes my strength and causes a lot of pain, while my Severe Ruptured disk at L4-L5 is taking my lower body by causing pain in the lower part of my body. My complete Right side of my body is weak and I take Vicodin everyday for my pain.

So, now hopefully people can understand why I am severely depressed. Being with a Severe Birth Defect as well, and Arthritis and Color Blind (all rare), I DO have a right to ask God Why sometimes!!

Love n' Hugs, \o/

KristiAnn
MsGuidedAngel

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2004, 08:14:48 AM »

I DO have a right to ask God Why sometimes!!

We all hurt today, folks, but we are asking the wrong questions.
We are asking, "Why, why, why?"
Don't ask why, ask what!
"What can I become because of the situation? How can I glorify God?"
~David Ring

Smiley

Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2004, 08:24:22 AM »

Most are asking why, but refusing to look at the situation. Woe unto me they say. Woe is me, Woe is me. I believe if we quit focusing on complaining about our troubles and going to God for the help that we need to overcome them, we as a Body of Christ would be a whole lot better off. It does no good to try to ask why over and over, because half the time, we won't figure out why on our own. I"m not saying that we as Christian's don't have the right to question God. shoot I do it a lot of the time, but I just accept it and keep right on trucking. This is a lesson best learned early, instead of late. Just a few thoughts and I don't mean to sound harsh, but sometimes that's the way it comes across. I apologize if it may sound that way. God Bless.

Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2004, 09:34:42 PM »

You all, I am in a lot of pain that I have no control over!!

December 21st, 2004 5:45PM pst

I am so hurting today. My right of my body is very hurting me. Both of my knees are popped in and out of joint, now my right hip is doing the same popped and in and out joint. I took a Vicodin and is only help me a little bit.  My neck has been hurting so much everyday I have been wearing my neck brace, plus my neck pains from my C5-C6 disk rupture in my neck I am loosing sleep from the pain. I am wearing a back brace now, as my lower right hip is hurting very badly from my ruptured Disk L4-L5.

I can Not believe that this stupid "Van Ru" called me today. Plus they have been called about everyday and hung up when I say hello or my room-mate says hello on her own telephone line. The Van Ru people have been hung of us than done and Don't say anything and hung up all the time!! Van Ru is a Credit Corporation and they hang of me everyday. I have told them, that is phone number is NOT my phone, it's my room-mate phone. They say I gave them this Phone number and I never did this. They got it from ID and this is illeag to call me when it's not my phone number!! I have told them more than once I am cripped and Severely Disabled, they do NOT care and call me any way....

I am so Depressed this Christmas Season. I have NO family in Oregon. I cannot afford to drive to my mothers this year for Christmas either. SO, Please Everyone, I HAVE NO FAMILY in Oregon at ALL! I am NOT happy right now. I get headaches Everyday....

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2004, 11:25:36 PM »

Thank you, MsGuided.

I'm sorry you feel so down, right now, MsGuided, and I pray for your physical relief from this pain, and for your healing from this pain, and for your confident resting in Him...

...in Jesus Name...    Smiley

And you just ask God why just as much as you want, and for His leading...

and I'm doing the same!    Smiley

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2004, 12:50:59 AM »

When Paul was afflicted with a "thorn in the flesh" he asked why. The Lord gave him an answer. (2 Cor 12:9)

Sister, I can empathize with you. I am afflicted with an undiagnosed  ailment that causes me severe pain from head to toe. No amount of drugs provides any sort of relief and I have tried them all. I am not one that caves to pain. I went through many surgeries and never used pain killers afterwards but this is worse than even the open heart surgery that I had.

When the pain gets to severe to handle any longer I go to the Lord in prayer, meditating on Him and His word. It does help me.

My prayers are for you that you will receive some answers and relief from your pain.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2004, 11:08:13 PM »

Prayer for BOTH MsGuided and Pastor Roger...

Embarrassed
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2005, 03:55:03 PM »

Updates below;

December 23rd, 2004 10:09pst

Last night I went to my Physical Therapy at 4:30PM pst, They asked me about my bill, I told them I have had no money since the year 2003. They told me the "Oregon Health Plan" will NOT COVER or pay for my Physical Therapy at all!  They won't even help pay for a Neurosurgeon to even look at my really bad ruptured disks at C5-C6 or my L4-L5.

SOMETHING is WRONG with the Health Care in the USA!!! The Oregon Health Plan is Federally Funded!!!!

Two days before Christmas "Van Ru credit Corporation" called again today just about 5 minutes ago, and said I gave them and "Captial One" this telephone number. This Telephone Number Does NOT belong to me at all, and I Never gave it to them, Captial One got this telephone number from their caller ID!! I have had no money since the year 2003 and They DO NOT understand, when I say I am Severely Disabled, and Crippled.

I don't have any family in Oregon, nor can I go anywhere for Christmas with No Income since the year 2003. I al so depressed because I cannot even see my mother ar all in Northern, California.

I know Jesus Loves me, and God Loves me, so Please Help  :-/ Me Lord Jesus!

I wear a neck brace and back brace most all the time. My Center Breast bone (Sternum Bone) was fused to my back bone when I was born, so I have spinal problems in  my Neck, Lower Back and Center Back. Stainless steel wires hold my rebuilt rib cage togther at my Sternum bone...

I am super tired right now and am going to rest, I took a Vicodin and I am going to take a nap for a little bit..

KristiAnn
MsGuidedAngel
« Last Edit: January 06, 2005, 02:27:01 AM by MsGuidedAngel » Logged

larrynboys

I'm Forgiven!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2005, 07:15:45 PM »

don't have any family in Oregon

Dearest Kristi:
 If you consider Gods family your family than you do have family here in Oregon , and it would be my pleasure to get my wife and give you a visit, unfortunately we are also struggling financially, but that doesn't stop us from visiting with each other.
Love in Christ : Larry&Terra:)
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2005, 02:29:00 AM »

January 5th, 2005 6:44PM pst

I have a New Neck Brace again, thank God! My neck disk rupture at C5-C6 causes migraine headaches, and makes my whole right side weak.

While my lower back disk rupture at L4-L5 causes my lower back and legs are Very weak now. I am super tired all the time from the pain I am in.

It's been Really cold in Gresham, Oregon, right now outside it's 35 degrees with a wind chill of 25 degrees, Very Cold outside and ice don't melt all day in places.

I haven't gone outside or anywhere in months now, I am so depressed, I don't feel like getting ready to go anywhere. With No Income Since the Year 2003, I have No drive or ambition to do anything I used to do.

Being Severely Disabled is Not my Choice, nor is the Depression, or the Arthritis, and color blindness. I know God isn't finished with me yet on His Earth. I Hurt Very badly, that I am not online as much as I used to be.

I am super tired........

KristiAnn
MsGuidedAngel
« Last Edit: January 06, 2005, 02:29:28 AM by MsGuidedAngel » Logged

Kristi Ann
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2005, 01:58:00 PM »

January 27th, 2005 10:12AM pst

I am So Stressed and Depressed over Everything. For one no income since the year 2003. This is because the Social Security Administration (SSA) is VERY slow with my Social Security Disability Income (SSDI), they won't even give me my Supplemental Security Income (SSI) either...

My Disabilities are not going to get better at all with the health care plan I have. My two ruptured disks are worse now. I get sharp pains down the middle and right side of my body from my C5-C6 disk rupture in my neck. While my really bad disk rupture in my lower back at L4-L5 causes me to loose sleep and I cannot walk to well at anymore.

As for muscle relaxers and my pain pills, my current doctor will Not refill my pain medications at all. I am not sure she would give me muscle relaxers either.

I cannot life anything heavy at all, I have to support my neck with a neck brace most all day. I have a special pillow somewhere in mini storage, and I don't know where it is. My friend whom is paying for my mini storage is retired as well. All my family pictures are in there. I don't know where anything is...

Being Born Severely Disabled is Not my choice, nor is all my disabilities that I have. Depression is NOT my Choice either!! I have no ambition or drive to do anything anymore. I feel like giving up on life!! I know God is with me, and I Do Love Jesus, He is my All in All!!

Severely Disabled and Depresed,

KristiAnn
MsGuidedAngel

Kristi Ann
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2005, 09:43:20 PM »

February 1st, 2005 12Noon pst

My Attorney's office called me just about 20 minutes ago. I spoke with Doyle there. He said I have a Pre-Trial Hearing in their office February 7th, 2005 at 2PM pst for my Social Security Disability Income (SSDI). I have to get Reports from my current doctor and the Neurologist plus the Therapist before February 7th, to bring into my lawyers office. This is exciting News for me, Hopefully soon I will have my SSDI so I can move and Pay my friend back whom has been paying for my mini storage where all my belongings are at since the year 2003.

I hurt Very badly today. My Lower back disk rupture at L4-L5 is causing me a lot of pain. I am wearing a back brace and my neck brace. I have No Pain pills anymore, I need to call my doctor tomorrow and set up an appointment to see her for my pain medications. I cannot call today they are only there until 11:45AM answering the telephone, So, I have to call tomorrow in the Morning! I am super tired, I coughed a lot early this morning. I hope and Pray I am not coming down with a cold, or Bronchitis, this is because they turn into Pneumonia for me. I've had Pneumonia four times in my life already, it makes me weaker everytime I get it. I get Pneumonia because of my birth defect "Pectus Excavatum". My Lungs and Heart were operated on during my surgery in 1965. My birth defect was severe, this is why I was Unconscious for 4 days after my surgery.

I am going to rest now. The pain tires me out Very easy. Please keep Praying for my Social Security Disability Income (SSDI). I am Severely Disabled and because of no income since the year 2003 Depressed and Stressed.

February 5th, 2005 10:47AM pst.

I am Super Sick right now and at the begining stages of Pneumomia in my lungs...

I get Pneumonia Very Easy due to my Birth Defect...

Individuals with Moderate to Severe Pectus Birth Defects may experience shortness of breath (due to the lung compression), exercise intolerance, chest pain (due to the ribcage not being able to expand), costochondrial pain (due to inflammation of the costochondrial joint), arrhythmias, increased asthmatic symptoms, susceptibility to inflammatory illness in the lungs and Pneumonia.

I am coughing bad stuff out of my lungs. I have weak lungs as they were operated on the same time as my birth defect surgery.

Please Pray for me and my Health, plus my SSDI!!

KristiAnn
MsGuidedAngel

Kristi Ann
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2005, 03:07:05 AM »

February 7th, 2005 11:10PM pst

My Room-mate suggested taking me to the Emergency Room today at OHSU Hospital , good thing to!

I have Pneumonia again, this is the fifth time I've had it. I'll be on Antibiotics for 10 days. The Doctor suggested to me to get a Pneumonia Shot, that they are good for almost four years. From now on out, I'm going to get this! It's a Good thing I went to the hospital. If my current Pneumonia I have got any worse, I would be in the hospital for a month.

I am super Sick and will be off my Computer for a week or more. Please Moderators, Please Welcome Everyone and do some of my admin duties Pretty Please!

I had re-shedule my Lawyers Pre-Trail hearing for a week from now.  This is for my Social Security Disability Hearing from the Social Security Administration. My Next appointment with my Lawyer is February 16th, 2005 at 1:30PM.

Love n' Hugs, \o/

KristiAnn
MsGuidedAngel

Kristi Ann
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2005, 11:29:16 PM »

I get Pneumonia Very easy due to my Birth Defect in my Chest area Rib Cage that was Rebuilt. At the same surgery, both my Lungs and Heart were operated on.

Individuals with Moderate to Severe Pectus Birth Defects may experience shortness of breath (due to the lung compression), exercise intolerance, chest pain (due to the ribcage not being able to expand), costochondrial pain (due to inflammation of the costochondrial joint), arrhythmias, increased asthmatic symptoms, susceptibility to inflammatory illness in the lungs and Pneumonia.

Please Read the Information I post about Pneumonia, this is a Very Serious!!

WHAT IS PNEUMONIA?

Pneumonia is a serious infection or inflammation of your lungs. The air sacs in the lungs fill with pus and other liquid. Oxygen has trouble reaching your blood. If there is too little oxygen in your blood, your body cells can't work properly. Because of this and spreading infection through the body pneumonia can cause death.

Pneumonia can have over 30 different causes.    

Until 1936, pneumonia was the No.1 cause of death in the U.S. Since then, the use of antibiotics brought it under control. In 2000, pneumonia and influenza combined ranked as the seventh leading cause of death.

Pneumonia affects your lungs in two ways. Lobar pneumonia affects a section (lobe) of a lung. Bronchial pneumonia (or bronchopneumonia) affects patches throughout both lungs.

CAUSES OF PNEUMONIA

Pneumonia is not a single disease. It can have over 30 different causes. There are five main causes of pneumonia:
  • Bacteria
  • Viruses
  • Mycoplasmas
  • Other infectious agents, such as fungi - including pneumocystis
  • Various chemicals

BACTERIAL PNEUMONIA

Bacterial pneumonia can attack anyone from infants through the very old. Alcoholics, the debilitated, post-operative patients, people with respiratory diseases or viral infections and people who have weakened immune systems are at greater risk.

Pneumonia bacteria are present in some healthy throats. When body defenses are weakened in some way, by illness, old age, malnutrition, general debility or impaired immunity, the bacteria can multiply and cause serious damage. Usually, when a person's resistance is lowered, bacteria work their way into the lungs and inflame the air sacs.

The tissue of part of a lobe of the lung, an entire lobe, or even most of the lung's five lobes becomes completely filled with liquid (this is called "consolidation"). The infection quickly spreads through the bloodstream and the whole body is invaded.

The streptococcus pneumoniae is the most common cause of bacterial pneumonia. It is one form of pneumonia for which a vaccine is available.

Symptoms: The onset of bacterial pneumonia can vary from gradual to sudden. In the most severe cases, the patient may experience shaking chills, chattering teeth, severe chest pain, and a cough that produces rust-colored or greenish mucus.

A person's temperature may rise as high as 105 degrees F. The patient sweats profusely, and breathing and pulse rate increase rapidly. Lips and nailbeds may have a bluish color due to lack of oxygen in the blood. A patient's mental state may be confused or delirious.

VIRAL PNEUMONIA

Half of all pneumonias are believed to be caused by viruses. More and more viruses are being identified as the cause of respiratory infection, and though most attack the upper respiratory tract, some produce pneumonia, especially in children. Most of these pneumonias are not serious and last a short time.

Infection with the influenza virus may be severe and occasionally fatal. The virus invades the lungs and multiplies, but there are almost no physical signs of lung tissue becoming filled with fluid. It finds many of its victims among those who have pre-existing heart or lung disease or are pregnant.

Symptoms: The initial symptoms of viral pneumonia are the same as influenza symptoms: fever, a dry cough, headache, muscle pain, and weakness. Within 12 to 36 hours, there is increasing breathlessness; the cough becomes worse and produces a small amount of mucus. There is a high fever and there may be blueness of the lips.

In extreme cases, the patient has a desperate need for air and extreme breathlessness. Viral pneumonias may be complicated by an invasion of bacteria, with all the typical symptoms of bacterial pneumonia.

Continued Below!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2005, 11:32:15 PM by MsGuidedAngel » Logged

Kristi Ann
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2005, 11:30:57 PM »

MYCOPLASMA PNEUMONIA

Because of its somewhat different symptoms and physical signs, and because the course of the illness differed from classical pneumococcal pneumonia, mycoplasma pneumonia was once believed to be caused by one or more undiscovered viruses and was called "primary atypical pneumonia."

Identified during World War II, mycoplasmas are the smallest free-living agents of disease in humankind, unclassified as to whether bacteria or viruses, but having characteristics of both. They generally cause a mild and widespread pneumonia. They affect all age groups, occurring most frequently in older children and young adults. The death rate is low, even in untreated cases.

Symptoms: The most prominent symptom of mycoplasma pneumonia is a cough that tends to come in violent attacks, but produces only sparse whitish mucus. Chills and fever are early symptoms, and some patients experience nausea or vomiting. Patients may experience profound weakness which lasts for a long time.

OTHER KINDS OF PNEUMONIA

Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (PCP) is caused by an organism believed to be a fungus. PCP is the first sign of illness in many persons with AIDS.

PCP can be successfully treated in many cases. It may recur a few months later, but treatment can help to prevent or delay its recurrence.

Other less common pneumonias may be quite serious and are occurring more often. Various special pneumonias are caused by the inhalation of food, liquid, gases or dust, and by fungi. Foreign bodies or a bronchial obstruction such as a tumor may promote the occurrence of pneumonia, although they are not causes of pneumonia.

Rickettsia (also considered an organism somewhere between viruses and bacteria) cause Rocky Mountain spotted fever, Q fever, typhus and psittacosis, diseases that may have mild or severe effects on the lungs. Tuberculosis pneumonia is a very serious lung infection and extremely dangerous unless treated early.

TREATING PNEUMONIA

If you develop pneumonia, your chances of a fast recovery are greatest under certain conditions: if you're young, if your pneumonia is caught early, if your defenses against disease are working well, if the infection hasn't spread, and if you're not suffering from other illnesses.

In the young and healthy, early treatment with antibiotics can cure bacterial pneumonia, speed recovery from mycoplasma pneumonia, and a certain percentage of rickettsia cases. There is not yet a general treatment for viral pneumonia, although antiviral drugs are used for certain kinds. Most people can be treated at home.

The drugs used to fight pneumonia are determined by the germ causing the pneumonia and the judgment of the doctor. After a patient's temperature returns to normal, medication must be continued according to the doctor's instructions, otherwise the pneumonia may recur. Relapses can be far more serious than the first attack.

Besides antibiotics, patients are given supportive treatment: proper diet and oxygen to increase oxygen in the blood when needed. In some patients, medication to ease chest pain and to provide relief from violent cough may be necessary.

The vigorous young person may lead a normal life within a week of recovery from pneumonia. For the middle-aged, however, weeks may elapse before they regain their accustomed strength, vigor, and feeling of well- being. A person recovering from mycoplasma pneumonia may be weak for an extended period of time.

In general, a person should not be discouraged from returning to work or carrying out usual activities but must be warned to expect some difficulties. Adequate rest is important to maintain progress toward full recovery and to avoid relapse. Remember, don't rush recovery!

PREVENTING PNEUMONIA IS POSSIBLE

Because pneumonia is a common complication of influenza (flu), getting a flu shot every fall is good pneumonia prevention.

A vaccine is also available to help fight pneumococcal pneumonia, one type of bacterial pneumonia. Your doctor can help you decide if you, or a member of your family, needs the vaccine against pneumococcal pneumonia. It is usually given only to people at high risk of getting the disease and its life-threatening complications.

The greatest risk of pneumococcal pneumonia is usually among people who:
  • Have chronic illnesses such as lung disease, heart disease, kidney disorders, sickle cell anemia, or diabetes.
  • Are recovering from severe illness
  • Are in nursing homes or other chronic care facilities
  • Are age 65 or older
If you are at risk, ask your doctor for the vaccine.

The vaccine is generally given only once. Ask your doctor about any revaccination recommendations. The vaccine is not recommended for pregnant women or children under age two.

Since pneumonia often follows ordinary respiratory infections, the most important preventive measure is to be alert to any symptoms of respiratory trouble that linger more than a few days.Good health habits, proper diet and hygiene, rest, regular exercise, etc., increase resistance to all respiratory illnesses. They also help promote fast recovery when illness does occur.

IF YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS OF PNEUMONIA

Call your doctor immediately. Even with the many effective antibiotics, early diagnosis and treatment are important.

Follow your doctor's advice. In serious cases, your doctor may advise a hospital stay. Or recovery at home may be possible.

Continue to take the medicine your doctor prescribes until told you may stop. This will help prevent recurrence of pneumonia and relapse.

Remember, even though pneumonia can be treated, it is an extremely serious illness. Don't wait, get treatment early!

* I am Still Very Sick from my fifth time of Pneumonia...

KristiAnn
MsGuidedAngel
« Last Edit: February 13, 2005, 11:33:34 PM by MsGuidedAngel » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the