Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:48:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  animals and souls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: animals and souls  (Read 6622 times)
Rhys

The chief end of man is to glorify God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2004, 10:44:39 PM »

I'd have to agree with Reba. Animals have bodies and souls, but not the spiritual part that we have that enables us to have a relationship with God.

I've seen nothing in the Bible that indicates animals go to either heaven or hell, though it indicates there MAY be some animals in heaven. (Will a T-Rex meet us at the gate???)

If there is no Scriptural basis either way, I think we will have to wait until we can see for ourselves to know for sure. The important thing is that WE can only get into heaven by putting our faith in Christ.

My blog: http://rhys02.blogspot.com/
My website: http://tkrice.tripod.com/

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths Prov. 3: 5,6

Member in good standing: Rednecks for Jesus
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2004, 07:51:37 AM »

A quick question for those who believe animals will go to Heaven:

Do they have to be saved?  Grin

*wonders if we now must witness to critters*

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2004, 09:02:46 AM »

A quick question for those who believe animals will go to Heaven:

Do they have to be saved?  Grin

*wonders if we now must witness to critters*

There is a verse which says preach the gospel to all living creatures....lol   I'm fairly certain it is talking about people though.

Another thought that had crossed my mind after posting in the other animal having souls thread, are these peculiar verses.

Rev 5:13  And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

It does sound like this is speaking of all life.   Huh

Rev 16:3  And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.

Sounds like fish...lol  And might be?

Rev 20:13  And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

But here only man was judged according to his works.

And finally...

Rev 21:1  And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

How do these souls (that is, souls mentioned being in the sea if they are fish, and if they are eternal) fit into the new heaven and new earth without a sea to live in?

Of course, I'm not arguing one way or the other here.  Just some thoughts that came to my mind pondering these threads.   I really don't know if animals that live life here go to heaven at death or not (I tend to think they wont, but thats just me).  If they do, the bible seems silent on the issue and thus, must not warrent too much of mans concern.  

1Co 2:9  But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him

I don't know about you guys, but I have seen, heard, and can certainly imagine some pretty exciting things in my heart.   Tongue    My idea of heaven had not included past pets before, but if yours does, its gonna be better than that!  And regardless, God's Will being perfect, will have addressed these matters to perfection for the good of us.  Take comfort in that.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
bravo1zero

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2004, 10:39:10 AM »

It's is really intereseting to see all the replys to this thread, as I know what a contriversial subject this tends to be. I myself have seen many many things in my life, and have  truly witnessed God in ways many have not, and thank the Lord for that, as many of these things have been very unpleasent and in some cases horriffic. I have always said however that we tend to "Humanize" God too much, and I think end up missing out on some of the more amazing, yet quiet things (You know, God's small soft voice) he does for us. How many have actually pondered the budding of the trees in the spring, and what a miracle that is? I have learned through my experiences how precious the small things are, and God is much more reachable, yet complex than we are ABLE to understand. He reveals to us what He wants us to know, and what we NEED to know for His glorification and the Kingdom, and those who need to hear the truth. God does not fit in the "box" of human understanding that we know.
Do I believe animals have souls?..yes.. I believe many other things in that God can do anything and has done everything.
 I have been doing my own research into this, and will eventually have something I will post based on that. Until then though, Glorify Him, Honor Him, and Sanctify Him, in everything you do, wherever you go, and include Him in what is both important and not important to you.

I leave you with some scripture.

B20

"Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you" (Matthew 6:33).

Psalm 145:21- "My mouth shall speak the praise of the LORD: and let all flesh bless his holy name for ever and ever."

Romans 8:22- "22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now."
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2004, 03:37:16 PM »

There is a verse which says preach the gospel to all living creatures....lol  I'm fairly certain it is talking about people though.

ROFL! Touche!  Grin *wonders if I must now go and show the cows 'The Way'??*

It's is really intereseting to see all the replys to this thread, as I know what a contriversial subject this tends to be.

I, too, find it interesting; though it's more out of curiosity than anything else. It truly doesn't matter to me one way or another.

On a side note... we had a chick last year that my (then) 7 year old put on the prayer list at church. It wasn't doing well and didn't survive. My little one is POSITIVE that "Crazy Legs" is now in Heaven and walking and running around in full health. As any good parent would do, I just said, "Isn't that wonderful!!" and left it at that!  Lips Sealed But it did make me wonder how she was so sure and how I could be sure that she's wrong!  Wink

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2004, 05:53:15 PM »

On a side note... we had a chick last year that my (then) 7 year old put on the prayer list at church. It wasn't doing well and didn't survive. My little one is POSITIVE that "Crazy Legs" is now in Heaven and walking and running around in full health. As any good parent would do, I just said, "Isn't that wonderful!!" and left it at that!   But it did make me wonder how she was so sure and how I could be sure that she's wrong!  

Ahhhh, the heart of a children.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2004, 06:33:25 PM »

Gracy - I agree.  
God is an awesome God!  I have no doubt that in heaven pleasures will abound, and animals will be among those pleasures.  Will our very own pets be among those animals?
We care now, but will we care then???  I understand there are no tears in heaven.  Smiley

If we watch our P's and Q's, accept His love and grace, we'll all find out in the short-run, won't we!
 Smiley
Perhaps even something so wonderful as a good steak. If not a steak at least a more perfect spiritual similitude of the perfect joy of everything not imaginable by man.   Smiley

Ollie

Support your local Christian.
MissInnocent

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2007, 09:03:00 PM »

I find it absolutely hilarious to think that all of us may someday, in heaven, be introduced to a beautiful, healthy chicken named 'Crazy Legs'!!   Grin Grin

But who knows...?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the