Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:18:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Romans 10:4 - Part One
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Romans 10:4 - Part One  (Read 1607 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2004, 05:46:47 PM »

Romans 10:4 - Part One

This is a little mini-study on Romans 10:4, but I wanted to put it in context to reveal more of the simple and blunt truth.

(KJV)

Romans 10:1  Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.
Romans 10:2  For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.
Romans 10:3  For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
Romans 10:4  For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
Romans 10:5  For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.
Romans 10:6  But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)
Romans 10:7  Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
Romans 10:8  But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Romans 10:9  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Romans 10:10  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

(AMP)

Romans 10:4  For Christ is the end of the Law [the limit at which it ceases to be, for the Law leads up to Him Who is the fulfillment of its types, and in Him the purpose which it was designed to accomplish is fulfilled. That is, the purpose of the Law is fulfilled in Him] as the means of righteousness (right relationship to God) for everyone who trusts in and adheres to and relies on Him.

First, please see the following comparisons:

Romans 6:14  For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Romans 9:31  But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.

Ephesians 2:15  Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Colossians 2:14  Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Luke 16:16  The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Galatians 3:24  Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Matthew 5:17  Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Romans 13:10  Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

1 Timothy 1:5  Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:

There are many ways of describing the Law, but I wish to keep it simple. The Law should make every man know that he or she is a sinner, is in violation, and is in desperate need of a Lord and Saviour. I like the beautiful description in Galatians 3:24, "the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ,".  Realistically, we should know that we can't keep and fulfil the law, but Jesus Christ did it for us with HIS shed blood on the CROSS.

See Part Two

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 05:52:23 PM »

Romans 10:4 - Part Two

Sin no longer has dominion over men with Jesus Christ as their God, Lord and Saviour, as we live in and under God's Grace, not the Law. Luke 16:16 is a very large study, all by itself. Please see:

Matthew 11:9  But what went ye out for to see? A prophet? yea, I say unto you, and more than a prophet.
Matthew 11:10  For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
Matthew 11:11  Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
Matthew 11:12  And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
Matthew 11:13  For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
Matthew 11:14  And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.

The life of John the Baptist was fascinating. He was a humble messenger of Christ. He abased himself to glorify Christ. His example should also apply to us as what is fitting for a servant of Christ. John wanted all glory to be given to God. By all accounts, John was a very plain and humble man who didn't desire anything for himself except to glorify God.

Romans 10:4 actually speaks of a dramatic contrast between the righteousness of the law and the righteousness of faith. Understanding this contrast must involve a knowledge of Christ, HIS purpose, and the real impact of the CROSS. The CROSS is the most precious event of human history. The preaching of the CROSS is all about God's Grace, Love, and GIFT - Jesus Christ,  our Lord and Saviour forever.

2 Peter 3:9  The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

To many of the lost, the preaching of the CROSS is foolishness, and many may ask "Saved from what?" The lost know that they will die one day, but they don't understand their disobedience and sin will finally result in the eternal wrath of God. There is ONE who loved them enough to die in their place and SAVE them from eternal wrath and destruction. This ONE is Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour, VERY GOD,  who died on the CROSS in our place. HE has extended LOVE beyond measure to us, and HE wants to be our Lord and Saviour. HE wants us to return HIS Love, believe in HIM, have faith in HIS promises, and know that we are safe and secure in His Loving Hands. In short, HE wants to be our Saviour and rescue us from eternal wrath.

Romans 5:8  But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 5:21  That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 8:2  For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Romans 10:9  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Romans 10:10  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

As a final note, the righteousness spoken of in Romans 5:21 and Romans 10:10 is the righteousness of Jesus Christ, not our righteousness or the righteousness of men. Our only righteousness is IN our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is the only ONE we can boast of. Jesus Christ is our ALL, and we owe ALL to HIM.

Thanks be unto God for HIS unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour forever.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 03:40:31 PM »

Thanks Brother, you made my day.

AMEN!

Our only righteousness is IN our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is the only ONE we can boast of. Jesus Christ is our ALL, and we owe ALL to HIM.

Thanks be unto God for HIS unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour forever.
 And AMEN!

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the