Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:28:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Your Favorite Biblical Quotes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your Favorite Biblical Quotes  (Read 2487 times)
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2004, 02:05:29 PM »

There are so many wonderful quotes in the bible about what God does for us, I'd like to share some of mine. One is; "Therefore, I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than clothes? Look at the birds or the air. They do not sow or reap or store away in barns yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" I'd like to hear some of your favorites. we need to remember just what a beautiful gift we have been gievn!
Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 03:03:33 PM »

Yep, many...how can anybody have just one?  Smiley

Psa 27:1  A Psalm of David. Jehovah is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? Jehovah is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Psa 28:7  Jehovah is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices; and with my song I will praise Him.

Rev 21:4  And God will wipe away all tears from their eyes. And there will be no more death, nor mourning, nor crying out, nor will there be any more pain; for the first things passed away.
Rev 21:5  And He sitting on the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And He said to me, Write, for these words are true and faithful.

...and pretty much all of Revelation 22. Uh, I guess this isn't going to work for me, I could be posting all day.

†† Guided by God ††
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 03:10:05 PM »

Me too, Gracey. I find it interesting that whatever I need for each day comes into my mind in quotes from scripture. That's how God always gives us what we need! I also take solace in proverbs, 12:21, "No harm befalls the righteous but the wicked have their fill of trouble." I feel bad for the wicked but take comfort in His grace.
C C

loving your neighbor includes your neighbor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 05:00:58 PM »

Romans 8:28And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Doing unto others as you would have them do unto you would include not finding your neighbor's biggest fault and then harping on it as if it were your mission.
iconHis

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2004, 06:54:55 PM »

Verses I wrote in my Bible that I received many years ago when I wanted Jesus to be Lord of my life and believed in Him.

Proverbs 16:3

Commit thy work unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established.

3:5,6

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct they pathes.

HEADS UP Faithful!.... and you are Christ's
                                         and Christ is God's.
                                         1 Cor. 3:23
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2004, 07:20:54 PM »

There are so many wonderful quotes in the bible about what God does for us, I'd like to share some of mine. One is; "Therefore, I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than clothes? Look at the birds or the air. They do not sow or reap or store away in barns yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"
One of the hardest biblical instructions to put into practice, I think.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
michael_legna
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2004, 08:56:43 AM »

Matt 10:38  And he that taketh not up his cross, and followeth me, is not worthy of me.

Matt 5:11  Blessed are ye when they shall revile you, and persecute you, and speak all that is evil against you, untruly, for my sake:
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2004, 09:27:49 AM »

I agree, ebia. I still struggle with it. But I remember when i was broke and I saw that passage, there was such a peace that came over me! I KNEW right then and there that he would never let me starve. Lo and behold, i received a lot of money through inheritances and then met a marvelous spirit-filled Christian with whom I've shared many years of blissful marriage. Now that i have money, I find it harder to discern how much to give away and how much to keep for tomorrow. But when God gave the Jews manna from heaven he specifically told them to eat all of it everyday so that every night they had to depend on God for their needs instead of storing it up in barns. But then many Christians say that we are to save some money because that is how God is providing for us. But Jesus also says that the man who hoards his money, possession, etc. in barns has nothing if he doesn't have the kingdom of God. Since I have the kingdom of God, then I personally am letting the Holy Spirit show me what he wants me to do. I know that I am willing to give it all away but want to make sure that's from the spirit instead of obeying the letter of the law because my savings might be how God is providing for me!
Xtreme

I'm a Christian!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2004, 12:34:35 PM »

Greetings Friends!
     I'll list 3 of my favorites.
1. Jeremiah 1:7-8 "But the Lord said to me, 'Do not say, "I am only a child." You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,' declares the Lord."

2. John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

3. Genesis 32:26 "Then the man said, 'Let me go, for it is daybreak.' But Jacob replied, 'I will not let you go unless you bless me.'"

Those are just 3 of my favorites, as with all of you, I have many more. Be blessed, and be loved.

Praise God, Through Whom Mercy Abounds!
Xtreme
Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2004, 12:41:38 PM »

...this is such a nice thread. No arguing, no fighting. Thanks Heidi...we may not always agree, but this one, "you did good".

Gracey

†† Guided by God ††
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the