Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:14:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286802 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Politics and pararescue and priest, oh my!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Politics and pararescue and priest, oh my!  (Read 910 times)
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« on: June 20, 2004, 11:17:09 PM »

I have a lot of decisions to make at the end of this year. And a lot of what I decide to do will depend on how my Fall and Spring semesters go. By the end of the Spring semester I should have an official major decried and a goal in mind as to what academic major I知 going to spend the next 2 years of my life eating, sleeping and breathing. So, first of all, I need help. Of course, my top 2 options are Journalism or Law. I am also thinking about getting a PhD and teaching for the rest of my life. But this is all if the semester goes good.

If it turns out bad, or if I just don稚 like school anymore, I will join the military. Right now, the Air Force Pararescue is looking good. By the end of the spring semester, I should have enough college hours to join with an E-4 at least. Not bad money for a glorified Paramedic with a Government grant to skydive ;-D Of course, doing so would put my Preisthood on hold, as a Masters is required. I could get the Military to pay for the rest of college, as so many others do, however, I知 told once you leave college, it is harder to go back.

Of course, this is all pending me finding a wife. It is that time in a young mans life when he find a young woman with which he wishes to spend the rest of his life with. What if I do find her, but end up joining the Air force? What then?

I知 almost ready to call it all quits and join the RCC and become a Priest there. Which would be idea, I guess. No math or science. I get to spend the next 4 years studying God. And my church does not have any kind of benefits for retirement or anything. Not like the RCC does, at least. But there is the whole thing of a     , and the more important issue of me not being Roman Catholic...

I don稚 know how it will all turn out, which is of course why I need prayer. Summer school is doing fine, I have to great teachers. On a lighter note, I知 still not sure if I知 going to do the Summer 2. Pray for that, too. And pray for this semester while you are at it.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 12:57:16 AM »

I understand what you're going through. I have 2 sisters in college...one is a sophmore and she has made some mistakes she regreted-she joined a fig that kept her from changing majors. my other sister is about to graduate. I dont know how she feels but she didnt make it to pre-med. She is not really sure whether she can find a job. I'm about to go to college in August, and Im not quite sure what I really want to do. I have never faced any thing that could so profoundly change my life. I will be praying for you. May God show u favor and direct you in the right path. I know that God will give you something good in your life.

matt 7:9
"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give GOOD gifts to those who ask him!!!!!!!  Smiley

May you find peace and comfort in Jesus and guidance from God.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2004, 01:22:28 AM by felix102 » Logged
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 03:33:47 AM »

thanks for the prayer. I will need the guildance.

And take my advice about your College life: For the first year, make it more college and less life! That, and always check to see what adorns the     s finger before you ask her out! All the good ones will be taken over the summer! Of course, if you take my first peice of advice, then forget the second, and study your God-fearing head off! Grin

jive4005

God has your back!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2004, 07:13:02 AM »

GBY Tib... and Fear Not! All the good ones are NOT already taken. Know that God has His perfect plan for you in all things, job... marriage (or not)... location... advanced schooling.... God is indeed on the job here! So trust and study, that you will be found fully acceptable in His sight. When you keep you eye "on the prize" all that other stuff will fall into place. Perhaps you need to do what I did a few years back... ask God (and mean it) to work patience into you... and be prepared for a tough lesson(s).

O Lord, show Tib the way he must go to honor and obey You. Bless him indeed. If it is you will, direct him to the mate of Your choosing... in Christ Jesus, amen

Deke

ps.... hmmmm, just musing IF the RCC is ready for you!?

Are you really living the Christian life?
jive4005@hotmail.com
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 02:35:20 AM »

Thank you. I will ask God. And get ready!

hmmmm, just musing IF the RCC is ready for you!?

Hahaha, is anyone really ever ready for the Tibby?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the