Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:18:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Lion and Lamb
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lion and Lamb  (Read 1570 times)
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« on: June 16, 2004, 08:33:43 AM »

Everywhere I go I see beautiful art of a lion and a lamb together. But I can't find it in Scripture..... Help?

Isaiah 65:25
The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.
Isaiah 11:6
The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 10:57:50 PM »

You did find it!  Smiley
And the wolf will dwell with the lamb, And the leopard will lie down with the kid, And the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; And a little boy will lead them. (NASB) Isaiah 11:6

The "fatling" is a lamb:

Fatling
A fatted animal for slaughter (2 Sam. 6:13; Isa. 11:6; Ezek. 39:18. Compare Matt. 22:4, where the word used in the original, sitistos, means literally "corn-fed;" i.e., installed, fat).
Ps. 66:15 (Heb. meah, meaning "marrowy," "fat," a species of sheep).
1 Sam. 15:9 (Heb. mishneh, meaning "the second," and hence probably "cattle of a second quality," or lambs of the second birth, i.e., autumnal lambs, and therefore of less value).

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 07:26:28 PM »

Revelation 5:1.  And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.
 2.  And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?
 3.  And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
 4.  And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.
 5.  And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
 6.  And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
 7.  And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.
 8.  And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.
 9.  And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
 10.  And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Is Christ symbolized in these verses as the Lion of Judah that is also the lamb slain to redeem us to God?

Ollie

« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 07:33:06 PM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2004, 10:01:45 PM »

Smiley
Leave it to Ollie to find true (and beautiful) and awesome scripture on almost any subject...
 Smiley

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the