Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:12:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Benny Hinn or Ben Hinnom?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Benny Hinn or Ben Hinnom?  (Read 43800 times)
Aiki Storm

I'm anything but a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2004, 01:42:33 PM »

I always was very suspicious about this man after seeing him on telivision.  It seemed too much like a production and it just didn't add up.  Even though I was just seeing the 'healings' Undecided and not his preaching.

I AM is reserved for GOD and if he did say these things, God forgive him and may he turn from his evil ways.  This is the new age movement breaking its ugly face into christianity.  I sometimes wonder if 'the whore' in relevation is a religion with the thought that there can be many religions and many ways to god.  I wonder what his ideas about this is.  Does anyone have any info. about that?  

It is good to see people speaking up and holding him accountable for his words and actions.  I suspect that there are many more of them out there that need to be exposed and brought down before they lead many astray from the TRUTH!

Blessed are you when men hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2004, 01:48:43 PM »

2 Peter 3:15-16
..and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation--as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2004, 02:07:46 PM »

Grin  He hasn't given up all that he has to follow the Lord.  There's people at this moment starving to death.  

But did you know that 24,000 people worldwide die every day from starvation and malnutrition? That’s over 8 million each year. Three of four who die are younger than five years old.

Did you also know, that hunger relief groups estimate that it would take 13 billion dollars a year to end hunger for the Earth's poorest citizens?

If he really was listening to the Lord, he'd probably sell a car or a house or two and buy somebody lunch.

I'm not going to sit around and say he's not saved.  I think what happened to him is what happens to most greedy Christians, the cares of this world chocked the Word in his heart.  

He's not the only  loud Christian talker out there with enough money to feed half a block worth of people on their death bed due to starvation.  I think as a nation of Christians, if there's a loud talking Christian out there, or a loud singing Christian out there or there's a book selling Christian out there, sitting on enough money to feed half a block of starving folks, We need to take their books back to the store and demand a refund.  We need to take their CD's back to the store and demand a refund.  We need to take their Bible studies back to the store and demand a refund.  We need to write them and hound them until we get our money back so we can send our money to the starving folks ourselves.  As far as supporting their missions.  If they look like they've got extra money laying around, don't send any support.  Instead, send your money to an organization that is feeding the starving folks of the world.  That way we can not be hypocrits as Christians.
 "He hasn't given up all that he has to follow the Lord.  There's people at this moment starving to death."

Does anyone meet this commitment today? Is it easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for any of us today to sell all we have and follow the Lord? Or even share what we have with those that do not have? At least this man may lead someone to searching out the truth even if he does not practice or preach it. He does mention Jesus who is truth.

"If he really was listening to the Lord, he'd probably sell a car or a house or two and buy somebody lunch."

We should all start listening, maybe we all could sell a few things and share. Talk, talk, talk, and very little do,do,do.

Lord help us overcome?

Pray hard!

Ollie
« Last Edit: June 11, 2004, 02:16:21 PM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
Aiki Storm

I'm anything but a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2004, 05:48:50 PM »

Anytime someone says he is a little god or refers to someone else as a little god a RED FLAG should pop up in your mind!!!!

FRAUD Cry

Blessed are you when men hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man.
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2004, 07:46:56 PM »

Anytime someone says he is a little god or refers to someone else as a little god a RED FLAG should pop up in your mind!!!!

FRAUD Cry
"At least this man may lead someone to searching out the truth even if he does not practice or preach it. He does mention Jesus who is truth."

Ollie
« Last Edit: June 11, 2004, 07:49:30 PM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
C C

loving your neighbor includes your neighbor

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2004, 04:23:06 PM »

Grin

You know, I wish we could unite.  I really wish all who believe could just unite and do something.  Anything.  Just to show unity.  I wish we could agree on enough stuff just to love each other.

Sometimes, I almost don't want to attack Benny Hinn in hopes that he would get his followers to love their neighbor.  OR something.  I wish we could stop having animosity and just love eachother the way that Christ wants us to love each other.

And yet I can't even do that.  I get so sick of some people sometimes that I never want to see them again.  I can't help it.  So, then I find myself getting so sick of Benny Hinn I about lose my lunch when I hear his voice.  I imagine all the good that he could do that he isn't doing and it makes me want to hurl.  What I wish I could grab him by the ears and say, "listen!  For the love of God get your doctrine right and get your focus on being the arms and legs of Christ and start feeding neighbors."  What I really want to tell him is that there's people DYING OF HUNGER!  Use your "healing powers" in the form of food donations and feed these folks so they wont die.  That would be real healing that no one would question!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 04:27:32 PM by Candice Cavalier » Logged

Doing unto others as you would have them do unto you would include not finding your neighbor's biggest fault and then harping on it as if it were your mission.
Krakenfürst

I ain't no stinkin llama!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2004, 03:22:24 AM »

Wow!  

What can I say.  Benny teaches an entirly NEW gospel.  This is a revelation alright, but not one handed to us from God or handed down from his annointed teachers going all the way back to the apostles and the disciples including Christ himself.  Benny might find comfort and itching ears in the LDS Church.  They believe they are gods as well.

Benny, humble yourself!  Christ didn't wear custom taylored silk suits and proclaim he was God nor that they were Gods, before the crowds of people even though HE IS GOD the one and only.

We are not here to be Christs but to be like Christ who...

Phillipians 2:5-11, "Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature  God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature  of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death-- even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

Amen!

Let God be truthful and every man a liar! (including Benny)
LedByTheLamb

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2004, 11:17:03 AM »

Benny Hinn simply gives me the creeps.

I read one of his first books before I knew who he was. It was a great book.  Then I saw him on TV and got chills just watching him.  Everything he does, it seems like he does to glorify himself, and never to glorify God.
He seems so....FAKE!  And so do the people who fall down when he touches them.

Now, I dont agree about the money and house issue.
I really really love Jesse Duplantis...and he has money and a nice house and a jet.  Just because someone has money doesnt make them a bad person, come on.
Dawn
ZakDar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2006, 10:03:59 AM »

Hey folks! May i suggest we walk in the love of God instead of just firing darts at our brother in Christ Jesus. I HAVE
heard Benny Hinn preach the true Gospel of Jesus Christ, so I know at the very least he is born again because one cannot speak so except by the Spirit of God (1 Cor. 12:3).

And how do you know Benny didn't give up all that he had to follow the Lord? Plus, where does it say in the Bible to give up your house and your ass to be born again?

As for the house and the cars, I DO know the house in California? is not his. It belongs to the ministry. I know, I know, semantics.

Anyways, the point I want to make is why are we ripping at him in a public foum? Are we not children of God too? Did you know that with what measure you judge, you shall be judged also?

No, if you see your brother or sister in need of the revelation of God's word, why not pray for him/her?

I challenge you folks to pray Ephesians 1:16-23 over Benny Hinn, changing the pronouns to address him personally. Do that every day so that you will know that God will reveal truth to him Do you really want to go through another Swaggart/Baker type of scenario, and the serious damage done to the church during that time?? No, let's allow God to handle Benny Hinn, and let's hold him up to God.

As for Jesus, and the reality of whether he could have sinned or not:

Heb 4:15  For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 06:10:50 PM by ZakDar » Logged

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2006, 10:36:59 AM »

Hey folks! May i sugg4est we walk in the love of God insead of just firing darts at our brother in Christ Jesus. I HAVE
heard Benny Hjnn preach the true Gospel of Jesus Christ, so I know at the very least he is born again because one cannot speak so except by the Spirit of God (1 Cor. 12:3).

And how do you know Benny didn't given up all that he had to follow the Lord? Plus, where does it say in the Bible to give up your house and your ass to be born again?

As for the house and the cars, I DO know the house in California? is not his. It belongs to the ministry. I know, I know, semantics.

Anyways, the point I want to make is why are we ripping at him in a public foum? Are we not children of God too? Did you know that with what measure youjudge, you sjall be judged also?

No, if you see your brother or sister in need of the revelation of God's word, why not pray for him/her?

I challenge you folks to pray Ephesians 1:16-23 over Benn Hinn, changing the pronouns to address him personally. Do that every day so that you will know that God will reveal truth to him Do you really want to go through another Swaggart/Baker type of scenario, and the serious damage done to the church during that time?? No, let's allow God to handle Benny Hinn, and let's hold him up to God.

Heb 4:15  For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Well said Brother, It's bad enough Christians are getting fiery darts shot at us daily form the enemy, and the ACLU. Instead of backbiting and being judgemental we should be praying not just for our brothers and sisters in Christ, but for ourselves as well; that we fall not into the traps of the enemy. That's just what he wants; to divide and conquer.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
GKB

MY GREATEST SEEK, IS TO KNOW JESUS MORE

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2006, 07:53:57 PM »

Hey folks! May i suggest we walk in the love of God instead of just firing darts at our brother in Christ Jesus. I HAVE
heard Benny Hinn preach the true Gospel of Jesus Christ, so I know at the very least he is born again because one cannot speak so except by the Spirit of God (1 Cor. 12:3).

And how do you know Benny didn't give up all that he had to follow the Lord? Plus, where does it say in the Bible to give up your house and your ass to be born again?

Anyways, the point I want to make is why are we ripping at him in a public foum? Are we not children of God too? Did you know that with what measure you judge, you shall be judged also?

I challenge you folks to pray Ephesians 1:16-23 over Benny Hinn, changing the pronouns to address him personally. Do that every day so that you will know that God will reveal truth to him Do you really want to go through another Swaggart/Baker type of scenario, and the serious damage done to the church during that time?? No, let's allow God to handle Benny Hinn, and let's hold him up to God.

amen, and amen!

when i read these post i thought the very same thing, i just decided it would do me no good to answer it.

benny hinns ministry aznd his walk is between him and the lord jesus...and no matter how we feel about it, we still can not but him in heaven or hell.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 07:58:14 PM by GKB » Logged
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2006, 12:19:31 PM »

It might be a good idea if a few of you would read Titus and Jude.

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
So_Says_I

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2006, 11:45:27 AM »

We're warned about false prophets in Scripture, and asked to "test the spirits" to see if what someone is preaching is of God.  What Benny is preaching is CLEARLY not of God.  I don't know if anyone has mentioned these prophesies, but in the 90's he said God told him that Fidel Castro was going to be assassinated and the homosexual popularion would be destroyed by fire.  He said this would take place sometime in the 90's.  He's also said that Jesus has appeared physically, in the flesh, at his crusades.  He's also claimed people have been raised from the dead by being placed in front of a television set while his show was on.  Come on...

Why should we welcome him as a brother?  He's not.  Of course we can pray for him, but letting him off the hook so easily...I don't think that would be wise.  He's hijacked the term "Christian" and taken off running.  That sucks.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2006, 01:18:47 PM »

Hi So_Says_I,

Welcome to Christians Unite forum. In this world today there are many false prophets and false teachers and many more coming out each day. We must indeed test the spirits and the best way to do this is to insure that what they are saying is inline with the teachings of the scriptures.

I hope to see more of you.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2006, 02:22:35 PM »

AMEN  So_Says_I, and welcome to Christians Unite forums. I look forwards, to reading more posts by you. Grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the