Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 08:36:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286797 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  George Bush: Was the war purposeful?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: George Bush: Was the war purposeful?  (Read 5167 times)
Seven_Tides
« on: May 28, 2003, 10:11:18 PM »

What do you think?

Do you think Bush wants to liberate Iraq?
Or does he want more oil?

What are your opinions?
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2003, 02:11:04 AM »

A little of both in all honesty.  He was cleaning up an old mess for Daddy and it had some perks to go with it.

asaph
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2003, 03:39:16 AM »

Was it purposeful?
Ya.
Ecc 3:1  To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
Ecc 3:2  A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
Ecc 3:3  A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
Ecc 3:4  A time to weep, and a time to laugh  Cheesy; a time to mourn  Cry, and a time to dance;
Ecc 3:5  A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
Ecc 3:6  A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
Ecc 3:7  A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence  Lips Sealed, and a time to speak;
Ecc 3:8  A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war  Angry, and a time of peace  Smiley.

asaph
Seven_Tides
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2003, 08:17:07 AM »

But, what if there was an alterior motive for Bush? I know
Ecclesiastes is true, but what if Bush only went to Iraq to
get oil? They still haven't found Saddam Hussein, even though
they are supposedly "liberating" Iraq.

There is more to the story-the story which the media, nay,
the american government, does not want the public to know...

Is Bush "really" christian?
rafter

I give up all controversy with God He is right!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2003, 09:35:12 AM »

What are you really asking? Are you asking if GWB is the anti-christ or something to do with it??
You  might as well come out and say what you are getting at. It really is ok..... Smiley

Be anxious for nothing, but in all things, through prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, make your requests know unto God.
andyastro

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2003, 09:30:31 PM »

Mr Bush is not the antichrist far from it Mr Bush does as God has sent him to do, destroy babylonia to make way for Isreals peace. And secondly for the moshiach described in Isaiah 49.

The LORD hath loved him: he will do his pleasure on Babylon, and his arm shall be on the Chaldeans.

I, even I, have spoken; yea, I have called him: I have brought him, and he shall make his way prosperous.

Isaiah 48:15
Seven_Tides
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2003, 09:06:22 PM »

What are you really asking? Are you asking if GWB is the anti-christ or something to do with it??
You  might as well come out and say what you are getting at. It really is ok.....

Well, I believe Bush is not christian, even though he claims to
be, and prays on tv.

I don't think Bush is the Antichrist. First of all, he is not charismatic enough, he is not stern faced, he is not of Jewish
descent, and he is not very intelligent ( or at least he doesn't
seem to be intelligent.)

Bush is probably linked to it, but who knows for sure? All we
know is that he wanted the oil, and he didn't capture or kill
Saddam.
Photogrunt

I am an Army of One for The One!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2003, 07:44:22 AM »

I know for a fact that the President IS a Christian...and takes his relationship with His Savior very seriously.  AND, he is very open about his relationship with Christ.

As for the oil question...where is the oil???  If our government was so much for the oil, why have we not taken it???  

Was it nesesary? Yes.  There is one less tyrant in the world to cause potential harm to the world community.  If there was anyone in the world who could have fit the mold of the Antichrist, Saddam was it.  

Certanly we have a lot of work to do to rebuild Iraq...and I must say that we're not doing a good job of it...but in the end, a lot of good will come of it.  

...But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. (Joshua 24:15b)

I support our troops!
TheComforter

Love, Hugs, and a Spoonfull of Spirit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2003, 12:16:00 PM »

Not their words, but deeds.

A country has been attacked and destroyed and is now in the control of the attackers. No water - no food - rape comes unto all females who venture far from a group. Gas lines up to six miles long with prices sky high. Supplied through Turkey and none allowed except for American controlled fuel from the USA. Hundreds of millions in cash swallowed with no deduction in the amount charged to American tax payers. A faked attack by this administration on a soldier to gain support that was not there for this war. Many, many "facts" we would rather ignor because we are part of the nation that looks bad if it is true. Truth. Our Relief machine is even more powerful than our war machine, look and see how slow they use it.

Not my words but truth for I know that Bush is as the Lord has said, and will come to his end with none beside him, and as the public begins to see the truth they will like him less and less. Look to Daniel for acts surrounding the events we now describe, and marvel, but most of all, Know! His are supposed to know the Word. No?

His will come to gather His, will you know who to follow Home?

Let's hope so.

And remember: If we are "In Him" we are in "Love".

Don't bore me with anger, and disbelief.

Thanks!

John.

Ancient and Honourable, John West.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2003, 12:20:09 PM »

I must agree with photogrunt on the oil thing.
It doesn't make sense to fork out billions of dollars and sacrifice life just for oil. Dr. Evil might do it
"why make billions, when we could make millions"
If they wanted Iraq's oil, they could easily have got the sanctions eased and simply bought it.
As it stands now, it will cost many billions of dollars just to get the oil fields operational. Also, the world is watching, the Americans couldn't get away with stealing any oil.

I must admit, I am dissapointed that no WMD's have been found as of yet. Even without the weapons, I feel the war was just, those people are human beings, not sheep. We have a responsibillity as free democratic people to care about them. There is no room in this world for brutal dictators.
Having said that, I feel if the Americans don't forward the evidence for these WMD's, their credibility will be seriously jeopardized, so the next time they make claims such as 'Iran is harboring terrorists' and they threaten to use force, they will be hard pressed to find help.

As far as George Bush being a Christian...who knows...I give the guy the benefit of the doubt on this one, he says he believes, he says he's a Christian, and until it is proven otherwise, I believe him. I know whenever there's a person in such a high office holding supreme power, there will be many conspiracy theorists making all kinds of claims. Oh he's a mason, or he's the devil, or his mom dresses him funny. no one can prove any of it.

I am just thankful that it's the American's running the world theatre and not some warped dictator. So people can moan and complain all they want...that's the point...they can complain, do you know what happens to complainers in a dictatorship?
TheComforter

Love, Hugs, and a Spoonfull of Spirit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2003, 05:27:16 PM »

And What if His profits "to this day" from the venture, we now discuss, unrelated to any governing connection, is 11,000,000,000 and growing, what do you say now?

Oh at the anger to come!

Well you do know he is in Oil and petroleum products don't you?

And even if true what if the above was nothing in comparison to what will be seen soon?

And all the stuff that is way more important to the Saints than these men of men.

Put on your "Great Voice" O' Beast to come, that I may hear where to place my blows!

[shadow=color,glow width, #characters wide]The Army Of The Horsemen[/shadow]

Ancient and Honourable, John West.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the