Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:49:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Mugged
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mugged  (Read 1021 times)
felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2004, 10:52:49 AM »

I was walking to the back of my parents' restaurant from a pool hall. It was 10:30 pm and the parking vicinty I was in was nearly empty. All the sudden, a car pulls up behind me; and a man steps out from the passenger side. I try and see if I recognize the man; I dont. He starts saying "Let's finish this; lets fight." I thought maybe he had mistaken me for someone else. I asked what did I do. That did not deter his assault on me. He grabbed me by the shirt collar and by this time I was somehow on the floor. He started to pull at my wallet. He took all my money and ran back to the car. I walked up to the car and asked him "what is this all about?" (I was still trying to rationalize) After talking to his friend for about a minute, the driver gave my money back. They left.

I wasnt hurt at all. Afterwards I thought, why did God allow this to happen? Out at night in a vacant parking lot with no one to help me, I was put in a fearful situation. I was very angry and ashamed that I did nothing to oppose the assaulter too.

This is what God wanted for me. He wanted me to grow stronger in him. He wants the same for all his children. When we face problems and temptations, every time we conquer them we grow stronger. In the experience I felt fear, anger, and humiliation. There was no need for me to fear for I knew God was with me. There is no need for me to feel angry for I must love. There is no need for me to feel ashamed for I fulfilled Jesus's commandment (turn the other cheek).

In the end, God took care of me. Nothing was taken from me. I was not hurt at all. In fact, later that night I won a disc player and a computer from my school's project graduation thing so I was given something. I had a great time with friends and their family's later.

I can feel a great sense of peace in me because I know that God is with me and he controls every single second of my life. I find joy in God.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2004, 03:54:32 PM by felix102 » Logged
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2004, 05:25:59 PM »

Interesting story - Great testimony!
I think the Lord has pulled more of our tails out of disaster than most of will ever know - in your case, however, I think the joy you feel today was a lesson (or reminder). The Lord giving you a little "nudge-nudge"?  Praise Him you are OK.

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
archangel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 05:39:52 PM »

:)I am so glad that you were not hurt.  God is watching over us always.  It is up to us to be aware of the dangers around us and do our part to stay safe.  It is fortunate that you were not robbed.  We never know, God may have been using this situation to teach the muggers not the muggee!

archangel

Psa 119:11  Thy word have I laid up in my heart, That I might not sin against thee.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the