Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:31:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Educating People Regarding God's Law.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Educating People Regarding God's Law.  (Read 6211 times)
Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2003, 12:29:49 PM »

Hi GW
You wrote that the book of Galatians cleary points out we are no longer under the law!!!!

Well Ghost Writer,
What law is Galatians speaking of?
The book of Galatians is a book containing 6 short chapters. In these 6 chapters circumcision is mentioned 16 times. The commandments are not mentioned at all. Yet, those people that wish to do away with GODS commandments use scriptures from Galatians to try and do so. Galatians is speaking of the law of Moses, of which circumcism was part of. Not the 10 commandments.
They will also try and tell you that the ordinances and the ten commandments are simply parts of the whole law and are not separate from one another. Scripture below proves that this also is not true.

2 KINGS 17 [36] But the LORD, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt with great power and a stretched out arm, him shall ye fear, and him shall ye worship, and to him shall ye do sacrifice.[37] And the statutes, and the ordinances, and the law, and the commandment, which he wrote for you, ye shall observe to do for evermore; and ye shall not fear other gods.

Better start doin your homework GW times a gettin short
Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2003, 11:51:36 PM »

DEPART FROM ME

PSALMS 119 [109] My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.[110] The wicked have laid a
snare for me: yet I erred not from thy precepts.[111] Thy testimonies have I taken as an heritage for ever: for
they are the rejoicing of my heart.[112] I have inclined mine heart to perform thy statutes alway, even unto the end.[113] I hate vain thoughts: but thy law do I love.[114] Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word.[115] Depart from me, ye evildoers: for I will keep the commandments of my God.[116] Uphold me according unto thy word, that I may live: and let me not be ashamed of my hope.

I hate vain thoughts: but thy law do I love -
Depart from me, ye evildoers(did Dubbya steal that) I will keep the commandments of my God

MATT.7 [22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?[23] And then will I profess unto them,
I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

depart from me - ye that work iniquity

2 THES. 2 [5] Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?[6] And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.[7] For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.[8] And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:[9] Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,[10] And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

In the footnotes of the KJV of the bible you can see that
( iniquity means lawlessness ).You will find this in 2THES.2 verse7. There are many today who practice lawlessness and who will try and tell you we no longer have to keep the commandments of GOD. But as you can seein verse 10,you will not be saved if you are not keeping all of GODS 10 commandments!

NEVER KNEW YOU

MATT.7 [21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

ye that work iniquity (lawlessness) -  I never knew you

1JOHN2.[3] And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.[4] He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.[5] But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

Do you know GOD or do you practice iniquity? The WORD cant be any clearer. There are many who have come in
the name of Christ who will tell you the commandments spoken of in the above verse is not speaking of the ten commandments. Its your choice, the WORD of GOD or the words of men.
Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2003, 06:06:29 PM »

Why are people given Gods Holy Spirit?

JOHN 14 [15] If ye love me, keep my commandments.[16] And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;[17] Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.[18] I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.[19] Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.[20] At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.[21] He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

In John 14 the scriptures say that IF you love God, keep the commandments. And if you keep the commandments, GOD will send to you the Holy Ghost, the comforter that shall teach you all things. So how can someone claim to
have the Holy Spirit and not be keeping the commandments of GOD. Including the keeping of GODS sabbath.

JOHN 14  [21] He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.[22] Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?[23] Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.[24] He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.[25] These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.[26] But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.[27] Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

There will be some that will say that John 14 is not speaking about the 10 commandments. They have to either believe whats written or say whats written, aint what it really says. Which is what they do. So lets look at another scripture concerning the Holy Spirit.

ACTS 2  [32] This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.[33] Therefore being by the right hand
of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.[34] For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,[35] Until I make thy foes thy footstool.[36] Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.[37] Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?[38] Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

In ACTS 2 the scripture says that first you must repent of sin, then be baptized and ye shall recieve the Holy Spirit. What are you to repent of ? Sin of course. What do the scriptures say sin is?

1JOHN3 [4] Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.                      The 10 commandments,the perfect law of liberty. And if you repent of sin, then you must be keeping the 10 commandments. Anyone who is not keeping the 10 commandments and claim they have recieved a spirit are not lying to you. Its just not the Holy Spirit of GOD.

2 COR.11   [3] But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.[4] For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
EPH.2  [2] Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2003, 08:34:08 AM »

WHAT THE BIBLE MEAN WHEN IT SAYS TO DO RIGHTEOUSNESS

1JOHN2 [28] And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.[29] If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

DEUT. 6 [25] And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the LORD our God, as he hath commanded us.

it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments

PSALM 119 [172] My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness.[173] Let thine
hand help me; for I have chosen thy precepts.[174] I have longed for thy salvation, O LORD; and thy law is my delight.

for all thy commandments are righteousness

ISAIAH 48 [17] Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.[18] O that thou hadst hearkened to my commandments! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea:

LORD-REDEEMER-HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL(any question as to who that is)

1COR.15 [34] Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

1JOHN3 [7] Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is
righteous.[8] He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning.

1JOHN3 [4] Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

LUKE 1 [6] And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

PSALM 7 [6] Arise, O LORD, in thine anger, lift up thyself because of the rage of mine enemies: and awake for me to the judgment that thou hast commanded.[7] So shall the congregation of the people compass thee about: for their sakes therefore return thou on high.[8] The LORD shall judge the people: judge me, O LORD, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me.[9] Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins.

You have heard many people say that we will not be judged by our own righteousness. We only need believe in Jesus
and his righteousness and nothing more. Psalm 7 speaks of the time when Christ shall return to this earth to judge
the people. Read it for yourself. Its very clear!

1 PETER 4 [17] For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?[18] And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

righteous scarcely be saved

Doesnt everyone agree that the bible is the WORD of God. Both you and i were taught things that just are no so according to the WORD. If you follow a prophet you WILL recieve that prophets reward. Drink water bfrom your own well. THE WHOLE WORLD HAS BEEN DECIEVED. Believe the WORD. Seek righteousness. Be saved by HIS GRACE or be judged by your works after the 1000 yr period of rest. Seek the old path.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the