Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 06:03:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286811 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Everything seems to be caving in!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everything seems to be caving in!  (Read 866 times)
fastback

View Profile WWW
« on: May 27, 2004, 01:43:36 PM »

I know I'm not the only one in this boat...

I'm a self-employed artist, and the bottom has fallen out of my business. My wife is gamefully employed; but works on commission (none of which is readily available). We're contemplating selling our house to get on top of mounting debts; but are reluctant due to what we're currently doing to our credit. Utilities are being cut off left and right and we're in danger of having our house and car reposessed. We're really freaking out - and it's getting tough to hide from our 3 year old.

Please pray that we find an answer. No - we're not attached to our posessions to the point of being materialistic. We just don't want to be tossed out! Too many things are caving in right now with no place to turn.

Please pray that I'll secure some new clients and the banks will have mercy on us...

You may think you hate it now; but wait'll you drive it!
jive4005

God has your back!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 04:20:59 PM »

Being self employed myself, I can understand your situation. Still, I must emphasize that as You focus upon Him and not your own situation, He shall bring you thru! It's hard to GIVE to others (in any way) when things are tight, but God says "try Me" and He will always be on time and bring perfect solutions (most of which will blow your mind if you really look at how He did/does it!),

O Abba, be that great way-maker we know You to be. Bless FB and his family. Allow them to see Your perfect solution. Grant them everything they need to do all You would have them do. Save and provide, strengthen and grant favor to them, in Christ Jesus, amen
Deke
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 04:22:19 PM by jive4005 » Logged

Are you really living the Christian life?
jive4005@hotmail.com
archangel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004, 12:21:21 PM »

My husband and I have survived serious financial problems due to loss of work and health issues. I know how frustrating and downright frightening it can be.  I will pray for you regarding all the problems that you mentioned and for the stability of your family relationships as well.  Worries over financial hardships have a way of damaging those relationships if we aren't careful.  You can do all things with the help of Jesus Christ, just trust Him, ask for His help and don't give in to self-doubt.  Do your best to stay in His will and He will help you. He knows you are struggling and afraid, go to Him for the answers and don't let fear or embarrasment separate you from friends and family.  Sad  
 "Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap,which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them.  Of how much more value are you than the birds?"

archangel

Psa 119:11  Thy word have I laid up in my heart, That I might not sin against thee.
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2004, 04:46:38 PM »

Oh, dear! How is your toddler? Is there a local church that can pitch in to help you somewhat? Praying for God's will in this situation.

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the