Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 02:54:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286866 Posts in 27569 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Reasons Why People Miss Eternal Security
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reasons Why People Miss Eternal Security  (Read 1230 times)
AVBunyan
« on: May 24, 2004, 07:25:14 AM »

1. They have mostly likely have missed Calvary.

I said “most likely” for I believe there are some who think they can lose it are saved but got messed up with some false teachings. But many of those who adamantly attack the doctrine of eternal security I believe to be lost. They are blinded to Paul’s gospel of the grace of God so they cannot see eternal security.

Many of these people actually glory in this stand. These people flaunt it as though there are proud of taking this stand. If they had a choice of being eternal secure or not being eternally secure they appear to would choose to be unsecured in their salvation. This is irrational thinking. Who in their right mind would want to be unsecured? You would think any sane man would rather be safe than having to worry about losing their salvation. In actuality if one believes he can lose it then he doesn’t have salvation yet anyway for by his own confession this salvation is not salvation till he gets pass the judgment.

2. They have most assuredly missed Paul.

These people are saved but instead of starting with Paul where God told them to start they go everywhere but Paul to get their doctrine for the church today.

Instead of going to Ephesians to understand their position in Christ they want to go to Matt. 24 and see how the Jew is going to get through the great tribulation.  

Instead of going to Romans and Galatians to understand justification they want to be one the twelve tribes scattered abroad in James and pick out ONE verse that deals with justification and ignore the other TEN in Paul.  

Instead of seeing what happened to them at the point at salvation which is found in Ephesians, Colossians, and Romans they want to get in the middle of the book of Revelation and be a Jew in order to get through the tribulation.  

Instead of resting in Paul in Philippians they want to be tested by the marks of a true believer in the tribulation and the 1,000 year reign which are found in I John.  

Instead of resting in Christ they want to seek to live the LAW of Christ found in the gospels before Calvary.  

Instead of resting in the truths revealed to Paul after Calvary they want to try to live the commands, rules, and laws presented to those before Christ even died for sins and there was even a body of Christ.  

Bottom line:

The first group has missed salvation.  

The second group can’t figure out whether they are a Jew trying to get into the kingdom or the saint secure in the body of Christ.  

You got me, man, too much for me.
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 07:33:15 AM »

Another AMEN!!! Brother AVBunyan

Your friend and Brother

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
I_Believe

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004, 09:11:35 AM »

AV,

I think it goes back to the pride issue.  This is what kept me away from the truth (saving faith) for 20 years.  I was convinced that I had to do something to be good enough for God.  Some would rather feel like they are in control, working for their own salvation than accept the gift as the tax collector did when he said 'God, be merciful to me, a sinner!'.

Scripture says "work out your own salvation"  NOT  "work for your own salvation"

So then, my beloved, even as you have always obeyed, not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God who works in you both to will and to work, for his good pleasure. (Phi 2:12-13)

"Two men went up into the temple to pray; one was a Pharisee, and the other was a tax collector. The Pharisee stood and prayed to himself like this: 'God, I thank you, that I am not like the rest of men, extortioners, unrighteous, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week. I give tithes of all that I get.' But the tax collector, standing far away, wouldn't even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me, a sinner!' (Luk 18:10-13)

I fast twice a week. I give tithes of all that I get. I perform all the sacraments of my church traditions.

So much a man's traditions focus on the outside of the vessel because that is what they can measure and control.  This is just the opposite of what Jesus gave us.

"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and unrighteousness. You blind Pharisee, first clean the inside of the cup and of the platter, that its outside may become clean also. "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitened tombs, which outwardly appear beautiful, but inwardly are full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. Even so you also outwardly appear righteous to men, but inwardly you are full of hypocrisy and iniquity. (Mat 23:25-28)

Let no man therefore judge you in eating, or in drinking, or with respect to a feast day or a new moon or a Sabbath day, which are a shadow of the things to come; but the body is Christ's. Let no one rob you of your prize by a voluntary humility and worshipping of the angels, dwelling in the things which he has not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, and not holding firmly to the Head, from whom all the body, being supplied and knit together through the joints and ligaments, grows with God's growth. If you died with Christ from the elements of the world, why, as though living in the world, do you subject yourselves to ordinances, "Don't handle, nor taste, nor touch" (all of which perish with use), according to the precepts and doctrines of men? Which things indeed appear like wisdom in self-imposed worship, and humility, and severity to the body; but aren't of any value against the indulgence of the flesh. (Col 2:16-23)

voluntary humility and worshipping of the angels - praying to dead saints - vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, and not holding firmly to the Head

Which things indeed appear like wisdom in self-imposed worship, and humility...but aren't of any value against the indulgence of the flesh
« Last Edit: May 24, 2004, 09:12:48 AM by I_Believe » Logged

Religion is like a coconut.  You must break through the husk of man's traditions to get to the sweet milk & meat of the gospel of Christ.

These people draw near to me with their mouth, and honor me with their lips...in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrine rules made by men.
AVBunyan
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2004, 10:18:28 AM »

AV,

I think it goes back to the pride issue.  This is what kept me away from the truth (saving faith) for 20 years.  

You are absolutely right - the flesh wants glory and people think they have something to offer God in the way of their salvation.

Thanks for your thoughts.
LMarsh

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2004, 09:40:51 PM »

You've blessed me by posting your thoughts and scripture.
Thank you,
LMarsh
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2004, 12:54:25 AM »

I cannot tell you guys how refreshing it is to communicate with true born again Christians such as yourselves. Do you have any idea how rare this is? My heart aches from the realization of how rare we are.
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2004, 05:15:20 AM »

I cannot tell you guys how refreshing it is to communicate with true born again Christians such as yourselves. Do you have any idea how rare this is? My heart aches from the realization of how rare we are.

Amen Sister, Amen

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the