Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:33:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Truth About God
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Truth About God  (Read 8399 times)
AngelicMan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2003, 08:00:40 PM »

The Holy Spirit is the Divine Truth and also the Divine Energy and Operation proceeding from the one God in whom is the Divine Trinity, that is, from the Lord God the Savior Jesus Christ.

The Holy Spirit signifies strictly the Divine truth, also the Word, and in this sense the Lord Himself is the Holy Spirit,because He is the Word.

The Holy Spirit is the Lord's Divine proceedings,which are called operations. The Lord alone teachers and leads man,not a third person. Nothing can go forth from a person except operations.

Harry
ollie
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2003, 08:10:27 PM »

John 14:22.  Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
 23.  Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
 24.  He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
 25.  These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
 26.  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
ollie
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2003, 08:21:11 PM »

John 14:6.  "Jesus saith unto him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
« Last Edit: July 25, 2003, 08:22:47 PM by ollie » Logged
AngelicMan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2003, 05:48:18 AM »

John 14:6.  "Jesus saith unto him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

If Jesus is the way, the truth,and the life,than why do Christians approach the Father first, instead of the Son.

Jesus saided,"If any man wishes to deny himself,let him take up the cross and follow Me." He did not say take up the cross and follow the Father, He saided,take up the cross and follow Me.

All prays and worship should go to Our Lord Jesus Christ, because He is the Father in the Human. The Father was always in Him since birth,as His Soul, and taught Him as He grew up and became Man.

What Jesus meant when these word were saided by Him:

"I am come from the Father" (John 8:42) - meaning the Body came forth from the Soul.

"The Son can do nothing of Himself, - but what He seeth the Father do" (John 5:19) - the Body can do nothing of Itself, but what it is directed to do by the Soul.

"Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God" (Matt. 16: 16) - The Messiah, the Body of the Infinite itself, which alone is Life-in-itself.

"This is My beloved Son, in Whom I am well pleased" (Matt. 3:17) - the Divine Body in which it pleased the Father to dwell while on earth.

"My Father is greater than I" (John 14:28) - the Soul is greater than the Body, since it directs it.

"No Man cometh unto the Father but by Me" (John 14:6) - Just as we cannot know a man's soul except insofar as his body reveals it.

The only way we can have any idea of the Divine Soul is by means of the Divine Body, which was visible to man.

"No man hath seen the Father at any time; the only Begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared Him" (John 1:18).

God gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish..." (John 3:16) This does not mean the Father sent a second person into the world. It means  the Father put on a Human Form,which is the Son of God, and become Man,as in Luke 1,when the angel spoke to Mary, and those who believe this will be saved.

Harry[/b]
« Last Edit: July 26, 2003, 06:02:49 AM by AngelicMan » Logged
ollie
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2003, 09:33:59 AM »

If Jesus is the way, the truth,and the life,than why do Christians approach the Father first, instead of the Son.

Jesus saided,"If any man wishes to deny himself,let him take up the cross and follow Me." He did not say take up the cross and follow the Father, He saided,take up the cross and follow Me.

All prays and worship should go to Our Lord Jesus Christ, because He is the Father in the Human. The Father was always in Him since birth,as His Soul, and taught Him as He grew up and became Man.

What Jesus meant when these word were saided by Him:

"I am come from the Father" (John 8:42) - meaning the Body came forth from the Soul.

"The Son can do nothing of Himself, - but what He seeth the Father do" (John 5:19) - the Body can do nothing of Itself, but what it is directed to do by the Soul.

"Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God" (Matt. 16: 16) - The Messiah, the Body of the Infinite itself, which alone is Life-in-itself.

"This is My beloved Son, in Whom I am well pleased" (Matt. 3:17) - the Divine Body in which it pleased the Father to dwell while on earth.

"My Father is greater than I" (John 14:28) - the Soul is greater than the Body, since it directs it.

"No Man cometh unto the Father but by Me" (John 14:6) - Just as we cannot know a man's soul except insofar as his body reveals it.

The only way we can have any idea of the Divine Soul is by means of the Divine Body, which was visible to man.

"No man hath seen the Father at any time; the only Begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared Him" (John 1:18).

God gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish..." (John 3:16) This does not mean the Father sent a second person into the world. It means  the Father put on a Human Form,which is the Son of God, and become Man,as in Luke 1,when the angel spoke to Mary, and those who believe this will be saved.

Harry[/b]
In what way do Christians approach the Father before the Son? What are you saying?
True Christians come to God through Jesus Christ. He washes sins away and redeems one back to God through His shed, on the cross, blood.

Romans 5:1.  Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
 2.  By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
 3.  And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
 4.  And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
 5.  And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
 6.  For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
 7.  For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
 8.  But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
 9.  Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
 10.  For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
 11.  And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.
 12.  Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
 13.  (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
 14.  Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
 15.  But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
 16.  And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
 17.  For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
 18.  Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
 19.  For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
 20.  Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
 21.  That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 Corinthians 6:11.  And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Ephesians 2:13.  But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
 14.  For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
 15.  Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
 16.  And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
 17.  And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
 18.  For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Titus 3:3.  For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful,and hating one another.
 4.  But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
 5.  Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
 6.  Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
 7.  That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Hebrews 9:24.  For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:
 25.  Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;
 26.  For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
 27.  And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
 28.  So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Revelation 1:5.  And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Are you a follower of Swedenborg or of Jesus Christ? Does Swedenborg's thoughts agree with the word of God? Throw out the words of a mere man and listen and heed the word of God.

Swedenborg is just a man and is dead and in his grave, but Christ is alive and sits on the right side of God in Heaven having all power and authority in heaven and in earth. Christians are promised the eternal life from believing in, on, and of Him.

Take care,
Ollie

asaph
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2003, 10:05:07 AM »

Angelic Man,
Joh 14:20  At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
Now if Jesus and the father are the same person then we must be the same person too, according to your line of thinking.

Joh 14:28  Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

If the Father and Jesus are the same person then what need is there for Jesus to go unto the Father. And who is the "I" of this verse? According to your thinking the "I" is only the body of God. Not logical!

Joh 16:23  And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

According to you, we are not to pray to the Father but to Jesus. But Jesus sings a different tune here.

Why not pray to the Father now in Jesus name and ask Him to cleanse you from the false teaching (doctrines of devils)? The Father loves you and has sent the Holy Spirit to lead you into all Truth. I urge you to do this today.

In Love,

asaph

AngelicMan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2003, 09:32:17 AM »

Angelic Man
Weapon: Modalism Theory

Seriously, your idea of Jehovah God descending, and THEN becoming Jesus Christ, without begetting a Son of God, is a clear example of the heretical doctrine of modalism.

Think of the true example of God/Jesus this way:

The fullness of God can be seen as a body.

My hands are quite different from my feet, but they are still me. Just the same, there are differences between God the Father and Jesus Christ, but they are still fully god.

Jesus is still both fully God and fully man (he'd have to be, to pay for all mankind's sin).

The doctrine of three Divine persons, both in past and at the present day, has sprung solely from a failure to understand the Divine Esse.

The unity of God is inmostly inscribed on the mind of every man, since it lies at the center of all that flows from God into the soul of man,and yet it has not descended  into the human understanding, for the reason that the knowledges by which man must ascend to meet God have been lacking.

For everyone must prepare the way for God, that is, must prepare himself for reception.

This is done by means of knowledges. The knowledges that have been lacking, and that enable the understanding to penetrate far enough to see that God is one, and that a second person with the same Divine Esse is not possible.

Jehovah God saided, His glory He would not share with another.I Jehovah will give thee for a covenant to the people, for a light of the nations. I am Jehovah, that is My name, and My glory (Divinity)will I not give to another (Isa. 42:6, . This means Jehovah God the Father will not have another god like unto Himself,with the same Divine Esse.

Harry  

Paul2
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2003, 11:21:35 AM »

Jehovah God is a triune God. Father, Son and Holy Spirit, always has been and always will be. One God, made up of 3 personalities.

Jehovah God = Father, Son and Holy Spirit
    H2O = water, steam and ice

Water, steam, and ice are the three personalities of H2O

Jehovah isn't just God the father who decided to make a son. Jesus is eternal, Jesus was not created, but is the creator, Jesus is Jehovah God as is the Holy Spirit.

There was never a moment that Jesus was not God. There was never a moment when the Holy Spirit was not God.

The personalities of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are Jehovah God and always were and always will be.

Genesis 1:26 "  26: And God said, Let us make man in our image..."

Who is US? Us is God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. In who's image were we made? God's image! Could Us be angels? No, because the verse above says OUR image, which is the image of God. For US to refer to God and the Angels, God couldn't have said OUR image but would have had to say my image to make clear we were not created in the image of angels as well.

If US were angels then the verse would have to be written like this: And God said, let us make man in my image...in the singular not plural tense.

God did not say that however, He said OUR image, Our image is the image of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

We as people are made up of 3 personalities: Body, Mind, and Soul. Unlike God we are at war within ourselves. Our bodies crave that which destroys us, our souls are at war against our bodies. We were not created this way, this war between body, mind, and soul is a result of the Fall in the Garden.

God was very careful in His wording in the Bible. The truth is in the words and careful study reveals truth. A misunderstanding of the words US and OUR in Genesis 1:26 have caused you to miss the truth completely. 26 verses into the Bible you missed a vital truth and the remainer of the Book is totally affected by your misunderstanding.

Your interpretation of Genesis 1:26 has led you astray. You can try to justify it any way you like but the bottom line is you are argueing with what is clearly written. "Us" can not be Angels because "OUR" would have to be changed to the word "MY".

Have a teachable spirit, and study verse 26 carefully, when you see that you are wrong, accept it. Don't try to ignore it, or explain it away. We were created different from angels so saying US and OUR refers to God and angels doesn't work.

God is telling you He is not a single personality, He is plural, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Its not easy admitting you are wrong but it sure beats denying God and ending up in a lake of fire for eterity. Consider the options. Admit I'm wrong and find truth, or be stubborn and burn in hell. I hope you chose wisely!

Paul2

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the