Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:49:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Truth About God
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Truth About God  (Read 8469 times)
AngelicMan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2003, 11:03:10 AM »

To All,
 One God is Substance itself and Form itself and angels and men are substances and forms from Him, and so far as they are in Him and He in them are images and likenesses of Him.

As God is Esse He is also Substance. For unless Esse is substance it is a figment of the reason.

For substance has subsistent being. Moreover, one who is a substance is also a form.

For unless a substance is a form it is a figment of the reason. Wherefore both substance and form may be predicated of God, but in the sense that He is the only, the very, and the primal Substance and Form.

That this Form is the verily Human Form, that is, that God is verily Man, infinite in every respect, has been shown in Angelic Wisdom concerning the Divine Love and Divine Wisdom, published at Amsterdam in 1763; where it is also shown that angels and men are substances and forms created and organized for receiving what is Divine flowing into them through heaven. For this reason they are called in the Book of Creation "images and likenesses of God" (Gen. 1:26, 27); and elsewhere "His sons," and "born of Him."

In the course of this work it will be fully shown that so far as man lives under Divine direction, that is, suffers himself to be led by God, so far he becomes an image of God more and more interiorly.

Unless an idea is formed of God as the primal Substance and Form, and of His Form as the verily Human Form, the human mind may easily involve itself in spectral fancies about God Himself, the origin of man, and the creation of the world.

Harry
« Last Edit: June 08, 2003, 11:05:20 AM by AngelicMan » Logged
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2003, 04:26:45 PM »

May you have a wonderful
Sunday as you worship Him
Who is your Life.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
AngelicMan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2003, 08:09:27 PM »

This is from Swedenborg. While he was in the spiritual world the angels read his mind and saw that he was thinking same the way you think about the Holy Trinity:

The angels perceived in my thought those ideas of God that prevail in the Christian Church respecting a trinity of persons in unity and a unity of persons in a trinity.

Also respecting a birth of the Son of God from eternity,and they said, "What is in your thoughts? Are you not thinking from natural light,  which is not in accord with our spiritual light? Unless, therefore, you dismiss these ideas  from your thoughts or else we will shut up heaven against you and depart."

But I said, "Enter, I pray you, more deeply into my thought, and you will see, perhaps, that there is an agreement between us." This they did; and they saw that by three persons I understood three Divine attributes going forth, Creation, Redemption, and Regeneration, and that these are attributes of one God.

From myself: I had post this before that one God is the Creator, Redeemer and Regenerator. It is the same attributes of one God.

Also, that by the birth of the Son of God from eternity I understood His birth foreseen from eternity and provided in time; (also that to think of the Son born of God from eternity would, to me, be not above nature and reason but contrary to nature and reason.

While to think of the Son born of God in time through the virgin Mary as the only Son of God, and the only-begotten, is very different; and to believe otherwise than this would be a monstrous error.

I then told them that the source of my natural thought about a trinity and unity of persons, and the birth of a Son of God from eternity, was the doctrine of faith in the church which has its name from Athanasius.

Then the angels said, "Very well," and asked me to say from them that only those who approach the very God of heaven and earth can enter heaven, because heaven is heaven from that only God, and that this God is Jesus Christ, who is the Lord Jehovah, from eternity the Creator, in time the Redeemer, and to eternity the Regenerator, thus who is at once Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; and this, they said, is the gospel to be preached.

After this the heavenly light which had been seen before over the opening returned, and gradually descended and filled the interiors of my mind, and enlightened my ideas on the trinity and unity of God; and the ideas which I had first formed on these subjects, and which had been merely natural, I then saw separated as chaff is separated from wheat by winnowing, and carried away as by a wind to the north of heaven, and scattered.

Harry
AngelicMan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2003, 10:39:09 AM »

From Swedenborg:
Jehovah God assumed the Human in accordance with His Divine Order.

In the section that treats of the Divine omnipotence and omniscience it has been shown that God introduced order into the universe and into each and all things of it at the time of their creation, and therefore His omnipotence in the universe and in each and all things of it, proceeds and operates in accordance with the laws of His order.

Since, then, it was Jehovah God who descended, and since (as is there shown) He is Order itself, it was necessary, if He was to become man actually, that He should be conceived, carried in the womb, born, educated, acquire knowledges gradually, and thereby be introduced into intelligence and wisdom.

In respect to His Human He was, for this reason, an infant like other infants, a boy like other boys, and so on.The only difference that this development was accomplished in Him more quickly, more fully, and more perfectly than in others.

That this development was in accordance with order is evident from these words in Luke:
 And the child Jesus grew and waxed strong in spirit. And Jesus advanced in wisdom, and in the stages of life, and in favor with God and man (Luke 2:40, 52).

That this was done more quickly, more fully, and more perfectly than with others is evident from what is said of Him in the same Gospel, that
     When He was twelve years old He sat in the temple in the midst of the doctors and taught them and that all that heard Him were astonished at His understanding and answers (Luke 2:46, 47; and afterwards, 4:16-22, 32).

This took place because Divine order requires that man should prepare himself for the reception of God; and in proportion as he prepares himself, God enters into him as into His dwelling-place and home; and this preparation is effected by means of knowledges respecting God and the spiritual things pertaining to the church, and by means of intelligence and wisdom.

For it is a law of order that in proportion as man approaches and gets near to God (which he must do wholly as if of himself) does God approach and get near to man, and conjoin Himself with man in man's interiors.

Harry Smiley
AngelicMan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2003, 10:03:46 PM »

From Swedenborg:
 There are many reasons, as will be revealed in due course in the following pages, why Jehovah God could not redeem mankind, that is, rescue people from hell and damnation, except by taking upon Himself human form.

For redemption was the conquest of the hells and the ordering of the heavens, followed by the establishment of a church.

This is something that God in His omnipotence could not do except through the Human, just as no one can work unless he has an arm. His Human is actually called in the Word 'Jehovah's arm' (Isa. 40:10; 53:1).

From myself: The Human whereby Jehovah God assumed in the world in order to carry out redemption is His right hand.

From Swedenborg:
Or just as no one can attack a fortified city and destroy the shrines of idols it contains, unless he has adequate means at his disposal.

It is plain too from the Word that in this Divine task God's omnipotence was exercised through His Human.

For God, who dwells in the inmost and thus purest parts, can in no other way penetrate to the outermost, in which the hells are, and so too were the people of that time; as, for comparison, the soul can do nothing without the body.

No one can defeat an enemy without coming in sight of them, or approaching and meeting them with some sort of weapons, such as pikes, shields or muskets.

To effect redemption without the Human was as impossible for God as it is for a man to conquer the Indies without ferrying an army there in ships, or as making trees grow solely by supplying heat and light, without creating air to be the medium of their transmission or soil out of which they can grow.

Even better, it is as impossible as casting nets in the air to catch fish there, instead of in water.

For Jehovah, such as He is in Himself, cannot by His omnipotence lay a finger upon any devil in hell, or any devil on earth, and restrain him and his fury, or tame his violence, unless He is present in last things as He is in first things.

He is present in last things in His Human, which is why He is called in the Word the First and the Last, Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End.

Harry

« Last Edit: July 10, 2003, 10:06:20 PM by AngelicMan » Logged
AngelicMan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2003, 10:14:22 PM »

From Swedenborg:
That the whole Christian theology at this day is founded on an idea of three Gods, is evident from the doctrine of justification, which is the head of the doctrines of the church with Christians, both among Roman Catholics and Protestants.

That doctrine sets forth that God the Father sent His Son to redeem and save men, and give the Holy Spirit to operate the same.

Every man who hears, reads, or repeats this, cannot but in his thought, that is, in his idea, divide God into three, and perceive that one God sent another, and operates by a third.

That the same thought of a Divine Trinity distinguished into three Persons, each whereof is God, is continued throughout the rest of the doctrinals of the present church, as from a head into its body, will be demonstrated in its proper place.

In the meantime consult what has been premised concerning justification, consult theology in general and in particular, and at the same time, consult yourself, while listening to preachings in temples, or while praying at home, whether you have any other perception and thought thence resulting than of three Gods,especially while you are praying or singing first to one, and then to the other two separately, as is often done.

Hence is established the truth of the proposition, that the whole theology in the Christian world at this day, is founded on an idea of three Gods.

Harry

AngelicMan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2003, 03:30:22 PM »

From Swedenborg's writings:
 There are many reasons why God could redeem men, that is, could deliver them from damnation and hell, only by means of an assumed Human; which reasons shall be set forth in the following pages.

Redemption consisted in subjugating the hells, restoring the heavens to order, and after this reestablishing a New Church; and this redemption God with His omnipotence could effect only by means of the Human.

It is only by means of an arm that one can work-in the Word (Isa. 40:10; 53:1) this Human of the Lord is called "the arm of Jehovah"-or as one can attack a fortified town and destroy the temples of idols therein only by means of intervening agencies.

That it was by means of His Human that God had omnipotence in this Divine work, is also evident from the Word.

For in no other way would it be possible for God who is in the inmost and thus in the purest things, to pass over to outmost things, in which the hells are, and in which the men of that time were, just as the soul can do nothing without a body, or as no one can conquer an enemy without coming in sight of him, or approaching and getting near to him with proper equipments, such as spears, shields, or muskets.

It was as impossible for God to effect redemption without the Human as it would be for men to conquer the Indies without transporting soldiers there by means of ships, or as it would be to make trees grow by heat and light if the air through which these pass, or the soil from which the trees spring, had never been created; as impossible, in fact, as to catch fish by spreading nets in the air instead of in the water.

For it is impossible for Jehovah, such as He is in Himself, by His omnipotence to get in contact with any devil in hell or any devil upon the earth, and restrain him and his fury and tame his violence, unless He be in things last as He is in things first.

Because He is in things last in His Human, He is called in the Word "the First and the Last," "the Alpha and the Omega," "the Beginning and the End."

From myself: God's Divine Omnipotence through the Human is His right hand.

Harry

AngelicMan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2003, 08:35:52 AM »

For those who are willing to learn.

The entire Holy Scripture, and all the doctrines therefrom of the churches in the Christian world, teach that there is a God and that He is one.

The entire Holy Scripture teaches that there is a God, because in its inmosts it is nothing but God, that is, it is nothing but the Divine that goes forth from God; for it was dictated by God.

From God nothing can go forth except what is God and is called Divine. This the Holy Scripture is in its inmosts.

But in its derivatives, which are below and from these inmosts, the Holy Scripture is adapted to the perception of angels and men.

The Divine is likewise in these derivatives, but in another form, in which it is called the celestial, spiritual, and natural Divine.

These are simply the draperies of God; for God Himself, such as He is in the inmosts of the Word, cannot be seen by any creature.

For He said to Moses, when Moses prayed that he might see the glory of Jehovah, that no one can see God and live.

This is equally true of the inmosts of the Word, where God is in His very Being and Essence.

[2] Nevertheless, the Divine, which forms the inmost and is draped by things adapted to the perceptions of angels and men, beams forth like light through crystalline forms, although variously in accordance with the state of mind that man has formed for himself, either from God or from himself.

Before everyone who has formed the state of his mind from God the Holy Scripture stands like a mirror wherein he sees God, but everyone in his own way.

This mirror is made up of those truths that man learns from the Word, and that he appropriates by living in accordance with them.

From all this it is evident, in the first place, that the Holy Scripture is the fullness of God.

[3] That the Holy Scripture teaches not only that there is a God, but also that God is one,not three, can be seen from the truths which, as before stated, compose that mirror, in that they form a coherent whole and make it impossible for man to think of God except as one.

In consequence of this, every person whose reason is imbued with any sanctity from the Word knows, as if from himself, that God is one, and feels it to be a sort of insanity to say that there are more.

The angels are unable to open their lips to utter the word "gods or three persons" for the heavenly aura in which they live resists it.

That God is one the Holy Scripture teaches, not only thus universally, as has been said, but also in many particular passages, as in the following:
 Hear, O Israel, Jehovah our God is one Jehovah (Deut. 6:4; also Mark 12:29).

Surely God is in thee, and beside Me there is no god (Isa. 45:14).

Am not I Jehovah? and there is no god besides me? (Isa. 45:21).

I am Jehovah thy God and thou shalt acknowledge no god beside Me (Hosea 13:4).

Thus saith Jehovah, the king of Israel, I am the First and the Last, and beside Me there is no god (Isa. 44:6).

In that day Jehovah shall be king over all the earth; in that day Jehovah shall be one and His name one (Zech. 14:9).

From myself: The words in the Old Testament "In That Day" means a prophecy of Jehovah God Messiah's advent into this world.

Two times Jehovah God saided that He was the First and the Last, in Isa 44:6 and again in Revelation. One God saided it,not two.
Harry

« Last Edit: July 21, 2003, 09:10:30 AM by AngelicMan » Logged
AngelicMan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2003, 07:09:24 PM »

To All,
In every person there is a soul and body. In the Lord the Soul and Body is the Father and Son. The Father and Son or the Divine and Human are one in Jesus Christ.

What rational mind, when it hears that before the creation of the world there were three Divine Persons, called the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, does not say within itself while thinking of them, "What is meant by a Son born from God the Father from eternity?

How could He be born? And what is the Holy Spirit proceeding from God the Father through the Son from eternity?

And how could He proceed and become God by Himself? Or how could a person beget a person from eternity? and both produce a person? Is not a person a person?

How can three Divine persons, in which each is God by himself, be conjoined into one God, otherwise than into one person?

And yet this is contrary to theology, and this to that. How can the Divinity be divided into three Persons, and yet not into three Gods, when yet each Person is God by himself?

How can the Divine essence, which is one, the same, and indivisible, fall into number, hence be either divided or multiplied?

How can three Divine persons be together and take counsel together in a non-extense of space, such as was before the world was created?

How, from Jehovah God, who is One, and thence Sole, Infinite, Immense, Eternal, and Omnipotent, could there be produced three equals to Himself?

How can a Trinity of persons be conceived of in the Unity of God, and the Unity of God in a Trinity of persons?

Besides the idea of plurality destroys the idea of unity, and vice versa. Perhaps it would have been possible for the Greeks and Romans also to unite all their gods into one, which were many, by identity only of essence."

The rational mind, in revolving and reflecting upon a Trinity of persons in the Divinity from eternity, might also consider of what use was it that a Son was born, and that the Holy Spirit went forth from the Father through the Son before the world was created?

Was there a use for three to hold council on how the universe should be created? And thus that three should create it? When yet the universe was created by the one God?

Neither was there occasion that the Son should redeem, when yet redemption was effected after the world was created, in the fulness of time; nor that the Holy Spirit should sanctify, because as yet there was no man to be sanctified.

Therefore if there were those uses in God's idea, still they were not [realized] before the creation of the world, but after it actually existed; from which it follows, that the Trinity from eternity was not a real Trinity, but ideal, and still more so is a Trinity of persons.

4. Who in the church, while reading the Athanasian Creed, is able to understand this? That it is of the Christian verity, that each Person by Himself is God, and yet that it is not lawful by the Catholic religion to account them three Gods?

Is not religion thus to him something other than truth? and that in truth three Persons are three Gods, but that from religion they are one God?

5.A trinity of persons in the Divinity before the world was created, did not come into the mind of any one from the time of Adam down to the advent of the Lord, as is clear from the Word of the Old Testament, and from histories concerning the religion of the ancients.

Neither did it come into the mind of the Apostles, as is evident from their writings in the Word.

Neither did it come into the mind of any one in the Apostolic Church, which was before the Council of Nice, as appears from the Apostles' Creed, in which no Son from eternity is mentioned, but a Son born from the Virgin Mary.

A Trinity of persons from eternity is not only above reason, but opposed to it. It is against reason that three persons created the universe.

That there were three persons, and each one is God to himself, and not three Gods but one, and then three persons and not one Person.

Will not the New Church about to come call this age of the old church benighted or barbarous, when they worshiped three Gods? Similarly irrational are those things which are derived from that Trinity.

A Trinity of persons in the Divinity from eternity was first taught by the Nicene Council, as appears from the two Creeds, the Nicene and the Athanasian. And afterwards it was received by the churches as the principal dogma, and as the head of the doctrines, after that time even to the present day.

There were two reasons why that Trinity was given forth by the Council of Nice; the first was, that they knew not how otherwise to dissipate the scandals of Arius, who denied the Divinity of the Lord; the other, because they did not understand what is written by the evangelist John (Chap. 1: 1, 2, 10, 14; 16. 28; 17. 5).

From myself: "And the Word was with God". With God, means, in God. For truth is in good, and good is in truth. Divine Truth and Divine Good are God's Divine Essence.

Harry  
ollie
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2003, 08:16:24 PM »

F.Y.I.
Angelicman gave no background information on his thoughts.
Here is some info I found on the net. Still could not find any info on bible used.

The Lord's New Church is an organization dedicated to teaching esoteric Christianity--a Christianity that looks inward to the spiritual fellowship of humanity.

Sometimes called a "Swedenborgian Church," the Lord's New Church receives guidance from the Bible (Old and New Testaments) and the Theological Writings of Emanuel Swedenborg.

The New Church is not a building, an organization, an abstract philosopy, or a dogmatic creed. It is a new spiritual consciousness.

The symbol of this new spiritual consciousness is the woman clothed with the sun, from the book of Revelation.

Emanuel Swedenborg was born on 29 January 1688 in Stockholm, Sweden. The family was ennobled after his father, Jesper Swedberg, became Bishop of Skara. At the University of Uppsala, Swedenborg was educated in philosophy, mathematics, and science, as well as in Latin, Greek, and Hebrew.

In 1710, a year after completing his university training, Swedenborg began a period of travel, during which he studied physics, astronomy, and other natural sciences, as well as learning watchmaking, bookbinding, cabinetmaking, engraving, brass instrument making, and lens grinding. Over the next few years, he acquired all the knowledge that the early eighteenth century had to offer in the fields of cosmology, mathematics, anatomy, physiology, politics, economics, metallurgy, mineralogy, geology, mining engineering, and chemistry. He wrote extensively on many of these subjects, and was the first person to propound the nebular hypothesis of the solar system. He made numerous original discoveries in a wide variety of scientific disciplines (such as the functions of the cerebral cortex and the ductless glands, and the respiratory movement of the brain tissues), some of which have been confirmed only in the twentieth century. Swedenborg's inventive genius led him to develop plans for a glider-type airplane, a submarine, an air gun, a slow combustion stove, and a mercury air pump, among others.

Throughout the period of his scientific work, Swedenborg had always maintained his interest in spirituality. The aim of much of his research in human biology was to find a rational explanation for the operation of the soul.

During the years 1744 and 1745, Swedenborg experienced a series of visions which had a profound effect on him. Eventually, his spiritual senses were fully opened, and he was able consciously to exist simultaneously in both the natural and the spiritual worlds. He believed that he had been called by God to give a new revelation to humanity, and for the next twenty-seven years, until his death in London at the age of 84, he devoted himself almost exclusively to writing the thirty volumes of theological works which comprise that revelation. In the last month of his life, several of his friends asked Swedenborg to make a final statement regarding the veracity of what he had written. He replied: "I have written nothing but the truth, as you will have more and more confirmed all the days of your life, provided you keep close to the Lord and faithfully serve Him alone by shunning evils as sins against Him and diligently searching His Word, which from beginning to end bears incontestable witness to the truth of the doctrines I have delivered to the world."

Swedenborg himself never attempted to establish a separate ecclesiastical institution, but shortly after his death a small group of people in England organized the Church of the New Jerusalem, also known as the New Church, in order to study, preserve, and disseminate the teachings of the revelation that had been given through him. Today, there are New Church congregations throughout the world, and Swedenborg's theological writings have been translated into a large number of languages.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2003, 02:33:35 PM by ollie » Logged
ollie
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2003, 05:01:33 PM »

Matthew 14:33.  Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

John16:7.  Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

John 16:13.  Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
 14.  He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
 15.  All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

John 17:5.  And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

1 Timothy 2:5.  For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Titus 1:4.  To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

1 John 5:5.  Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
 6.  This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
 7.  For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
 8.  And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
 9.  If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
 10.  He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
 11.  And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
 12.  He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

Some truths about God, His Son, and His Holy Spirit.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2003, 02:32:10 PM by ollie » Logged
AngelicMan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2003, 06:41:58 AM »

Jehovah God descended and assumed a Human that He might redeem men and save them. In the Christian churches at this day it is believed that God the Father begat a Son from eternity, and that this Son descended and assumed a Human in order to redeem and save men.

But this is an error, and of itself falls to the ground as soon as it is considered that God the Father is one, and that it is worse than incredible in the sight of reason to say that the one God begat a Son from eternity, and that God the Father, together with the Son and Holy Spirit, each one of whom singly is God, is one God.

This incredible notion is wholly dissipated, like a falling star in midair, when it is shown from the Word that Jehovah God Himself descended and became Man and also Redeemer.

The first statement, that it was Jehovah God Himself who descended and became Man, is made clear in the following passages:
Behold, a virgin shall conceive and shall bear a Son, who shall be called God-with-us (Isa. 7:14; Matt. 1:22, 23).

Unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government shall be upon His shoulder; and His name shall be called Wonderful, God, Mighty, Father of Eternity, the Prince of Peace (Isa. 9:6).

It shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for Him that He may deliver us; this is Jehovah; we have waited for Him; let us exult and be glad in His salvation (Isa. 25:9).

The voice of one crying in the desert, Prepare ye the way of Jehovah; make level in the wilderness a highway for our God, and all flesh shall see it together (Isa. 40:3, 5).

Behold, the Lord Jehovah cometh in strength, and His arm shall rule for Him behold, His reward is with Him. He shall feed His flock like a shepherd (Isa. 40:10, 11).

Jehovah said, Sing for joy and be glad, O daughter of Zion; for lo, I come to dwell in the midst of thee. Then many nations shall cleave to Jehovah in that day (Zech. 2:10, 11).

I, Jehovah, have called thee in righteousness, and I will give thee for a covenant of the people. I am Jehovah; this is My name; My glory will I not give to another (Isa. 42:6-8).

Behold, the days come, that I will raise up unto David a righteous Branch and He shall reign as King, and He shall execute judgment and righteousness in the earth, and this is His name, Jehovah our righteousness (Jer. 23:5, 6; 33:15, 16).

See also the places where the Lord's coming is called "the day of Jehovah" (as in Isa. 13:6, 9, 13, 22; Ezek. 31:15; Joel 1:15; 2:1, 2, 11; 3:1, 14, 18; Amos 5:13, 18, 20; Zeph. 1:7-18; Zech. 14:1, 4-21; and elsewhere).
  It was Jehovah God Himself who descended and assumed the Human is especially evident in Luke, where it is said:
  Mary said to the angel, How shall this come to pass, seeing I know not a man? And the angel answered her, The Holy Spirit shall come upon thee, and the power of the Most High shall overshadow thee; therefore also that holy thing that is born of thee shall be called the Son of God (Luke 1:34, 35).

And in Matthew:
 The angel said to Joseph, the bridegroom of Mary, in a dream, that that which was begotten in her was of the Holy Spirit. And Joseph knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son, and he called His name Jesus (Matt. 1:20, 25).

It will be shown in the third chapter of this work that the Divine that goes forth from Jehovah God is what is meant by the Holy Spirit. Who does not know that the offspring has its soul and life from the father, and that the body is from the soul?

Can anything, then, be more plainly declared than that the Lord had His soul and life from Jehovah God; and as the Divine cannot be divided, that the very Divine of the Father was His soul and life?

This is why the Lord so often called Jehovah God His Father, and why Jehovah God called Him His Son.

The human form is offspring to the soul, just as the Son is offspring to the Father,therefore they are one as Soul and Body or Divine and Human in Jesus Christ.

Harry
ollie
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2003, 03:06:38 PM »

Jehovah God descended and assumed a Human that He might redeem men and save them. In the Christian churches at this day it is believed that God the Father begat a Son from eternity, and that this Son descended and assumed a Human in order to redeem and save men.
Luke 1:30.  And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
 31.  And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.
 32.  He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
 33.  And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
 34.  Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
 35.  And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

But this is an error, and of itself falls to the ground as soon as it is considered that God the Father is one, and that it is worse than incredible in the sight of reason to say that the one God begat a Son from eternity, and that God the Father, together with the Son and Holy Spirit, each one of whom singly is God, is one God.
Luke 1:36.  And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.
 37.  For with God nothing shall be impossible.
 38.  And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.
 39.  And Mary arose in those days, and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Juda;
 40.  And entered into the house of Zacharias, and saluted Elisabeth.
 41.  And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

Luke 18:27.  And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.

This incredible notion is wholly dissipated, like a falling star in midair, when it is shown from the Word that Jehovah God Himself descended and became Man and also Redeemer.

The first statement, that it was Jehovah God Himself who descended and became Man, is made clear in the following passages:
Behold, a virgin shall conceive and shall bear a Son, who shall be called God-with-us (Isa. 7:14; Matt. 1:22, 23).

Unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government shall be upon His shoulder; and His name shall be called Wonderful, God, Mighty, Father of Eternity, the Prince of Peace (Isa. 9:6).
Hard to reason of yourself that God can be God the Father in Heaven, and God the Son on earth, and God the Holy spirit that eminates from all three. But God's word testifies to it!
So one can not use mans reasoning to fathom it, but believe God's word. Things that are impossible to men are possible with God. He is the "I AM". He reveals to us, through His Holy Spirit given to inspired men of God, His word, and says who and what He is! Uninspired man does not!

It shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for Him that He may deliver us; this is Jehovah; we have waited for Him; let us exult and be glad in His salvation (Isa. 25:9).

Isaiah 25:9.  And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the Lord; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.

The voice of one crying in the desert, Prepare ye the way of Jehovah; make level in the wilderness a highway for our God, and all flesh shall see it together (Isa. 40:3, 5).

Behold, the Lord Jehovah cometh in strength, and His arm shall rule for Him behold, His reward is with Him. He shall feed His flock like a shepherd (Isa. 40:10, 11).

Isaiah 40

1.  Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God.
 2.  Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the Lord's hand double for all her sins.
 3.  The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
 4.  Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:
 5.  And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.
 6.  The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field:
 7.  The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the Lord bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass.
 8.  The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.
 9.  O Zion, that bringest good tidings, get thee up into the high mountain; O Jerusalem, that bringest good tidings, lift up thy voice with strength; lift it up, be not afraid; say unto the cities of Judah, Behold your God!
 10.  Behold, the Lord God will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.
 11.  He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.
 12.  Who hath measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, and meted out heaven with the span, and comprehended the dust of the earth in a measure, and weighed the mountains in scales, and the hills in a balance?
 13.  Who hath directed the spirit of the Lord, or being his counseller hath taught him?
 14.  With whom took he counsel, and who instructed him, and taught him in the path of judgment, and taught him knowledge, and shewed to him the way of understanding?
 15.  Behold, the nations are as a drop of a bucket, and are counted as the small dust of the balance: behold, he taketh up the isles as a very little thing.
 16.  And Lebanon is not sufficient to burn, nor the beasts thereof sufficient for a burnt offering.
 17.  All nations before him are as nothing; and they are counted to him less than nothing, and vanity.
 18.  To whom then will ye liken God? or what likeness will ye compare unto him?
 19.  The workman melteth a graven image, and the goldsmith spreadeth it over with gold, and casteth silver chains.
 20.  He that is so impoverished that he hath no oblation chooseth a tree that will not rot; he seeketh unto him a cunning workman to prepare a graven image, that shall not be moved.
 21.  Have ye not known? have ye not heard? hath it not been told you from the beginning? have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth?
 22.  It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:
 23.  That bringeth the princes to nothing; he maketh the judges of the earth as vanity.
 24.  Yea, they shall not be planted; yea, they shall not be sown: yea, their stock shall not take root in the earth: and he shall also blow upon them, and they shall wither, and the whirlwind shall take them away as stubble.
 25.  To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One.
 26.  Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things, that bringeth out their host by number: he calleth them all by names by the greatness of his might, for that he is strong in power; not one faileth.
 27.  Why sayest thou, O Jacob, and speakest, O Israel, My way is hid from the Lord, and my judgment is passed over from my God?
 28.  Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.
 29.  He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.
 30.  Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:
 31.  But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2003, 03:49:37 PM by ollie » Logged
ollie
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2003, 03:40:58 PM »

Jehovah said, Sing for joy and be glad, O daughter of Zion; for lo, I come to dwell in the midst of thee. Then many nations shall cleave to Jehovah in that day (Zech. 2:10, 11).

I, Jehovah, have called thee in righteousness, and I will give thee for a covenant of the people. I am Jehovah; this is My name; My glory will I not give to another (Isa. 42:6-8).

Behold, the days come, that I will raise up unto David a righteous Branch and He shall reign as King, and He shall execute judgment and righteousness in the earth, and this is His name, Jehovah our righteousness (Jer. 23:5, 6; 33:15, 16).

See also the places where the Lord's coming is called "the day of Jehovah" (as in Isa. 13:6, 9, 13, 22; Ezek. 31:15; Joel 1:15; 2:1, 2, 11; 3:1, 14, 18; Amos 5:13, 18, 20; Zeph. 1:7-18; Zech. 14:1, 4-21; and elsewhere).
  It was Jehovah God Himself who descended and assumed the Human is especially evident in Luke, where it is said:
  Mary said to the angel, How shall this come to pass, seeing I know not a man? And the angel answered her, The Holy Spirit shall come upon thee, and the power of the Most High shall overshadow thee; therefore also that holy thing that is born of thee shall be called the Son of God (Luke 1:34, 35).
This scripture does not say what you say it says.
That which is born of Mary shall be called "the Son of God", but in other scripture which you also quoted He is refered to as "God withn us".

And in Matthew:
 The angel said to Joseph, the bridegroom of Mary, in a dream, that that which was begotten in her was of the Holy Spirit. And Joseph knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son, and he called His name Jesus (Matt. 1:20, 25).
"of the Holy Spirit".

It will be shown in the third chapter of this work that the Divine that goes forth from Jehovah God is what is meant by the Holy Spirit. Who does not know that the offspring has its soul and life from the father, and that the body is from the soul?

Matthew 3

1.  In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,
 2.  And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
 3.  For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
 4.  And the same John had his raiment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins; and his meat was locusts and wild honey.
 5.  Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan,
 6.  And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.
 7.  But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
 8.  Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:
 9.  And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
 10.  And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
 11.  I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
 12.  Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.
 13.  Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
 14.  But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
 15.  And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.
 16.  And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
 17.  And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

This chapter clearly reveals there is God the Father, His Son Jesus Christ, and His Holy Spirit.

Can anything, then, be more plainly declared than that the Lord had His soul and life from Jehovah God; and as the Divine cannot be divided, that the very Divine of the Father was His soul and life?
Jehovah God is certainly not divided! He, His Son, and His Holy Spirit are one. It is man that divides.

1 John 5:7.  For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
 8.  And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
 9.  If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
 10.  He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

This is why the Lord so often called Jehovah God His Father, and why Jehovah God called Him His Son.
God refers in His word to Himself as such.

The human form is offspring to the soul, just as the Son is offspring to the Father,therefore they are one as Soul and Body or Divine and Human in Jesus Christ.

Harry[/b]

The human form in Christ is the temple of God in which lives His Spirit through which we mortify the deeds of our body.

1 Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

Romans 8:13.  For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
 14.  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2003, 03:53:25 PM by ollie » Logged
ollie
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2003, 04:52:37 PM »

1 John 2:22.  Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
23.  Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: but he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

24.  Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
 25.  And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

Some serious truths from God about Himself and His Son.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the