Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:44:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Our own trap?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Our own trap?  (Read 1391 times)
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2004, 07:50:47 PM »

I was just wondering if you think our national failure to condemn homosexuality as obvious wholesale immorality, is bringing about America's own "Judgement Day", in the form of our troopers--no matter how "few"--practicing their immorality on Iraqii victims/prisoners, and the obvious backlash both internationally, and more specifically, from the Arabs or Muslims generally, that will and is bringing.

That is, we fail to recognize immoral behaviour, so now we are going to have our faces rubbed in it.

In the same way that by Israel's failure to separate itself from the surrounding wholesale immorality(child sacrifice) of the surrounding nations, in ancient times--Bablylon(Iraq), Assyria, Canaanite, etc., Israel literally had their faces rubbed in it--a hook put in their noses and led off to captivity and dispersion.

And that the Muslims, et. al, are simply now being used by God to reap the judgement we so richly deserve, for our Supreme Court, the highest court in our land, overturning last summer any criminalization of homosexual behavior..

...and for our apparently increasing tendency to embrace gay marriage--even while the shameful attrocities have been allowed to continue overseas.

Seems like to me our faces are going to simply be rubbed in our own stupidity, and that we'll all whine like big babies, because "we didn't do anything wrong"?

And we blame Saddam for his "atrocities".

Looks like we've walked into a trap of our own making.

Roll Eyes
Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2004, 07:55:19 PM »

Hard for me to say, not being American and all, but I don't think you can blame everything on the gay issue. It might be another nail in the coffin, but it's like trying to blame all our woes on Satan. Sometimes, stuff just happens.

Canada isn't fairing much better with the gay issue...they've allowed the marriages    Lips Sealed

Gracey

†† Guided by God ††
twobombs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2004, 03:40:38 AM »

Symph; this 'trap' as you call it now was exactly the topic that was ridiculed and mocked on this forum the day the US went for war with Iraq. If I recall it correctly I was among a few others that  warned that this would give a backlash on all fronts back to the US.

Now let's see if the search function works nicely i'll post some of the threads and reaction in this posting.
http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=193;start=msg1958#msg1958
http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=714;start=msg9896#msg9896

Hmm..   the search function won't go earlier then 400 days or so
« Last Edit: May 09, 2004, 04:36:13 AM by twobombs » Logged

[ Tempus Fugit Smiley ]
Bronzesnake
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2004, 09:07:01 AM »

I think it's up to us Christians as individuals to convey God's Word as it is. I don't think beating the verbal Biblical tar out of gay people is the right way to do it. Jesus hung out with sinners, He ate with them (us) at their homes, he slept at their homes. That's part of the weaponry the pharisees used against Him. They ( pharisees) spent their days condemning and shunning sinners, Jesus spent His days among them, gently teaching His Truth, leading by example. We have to find the right balance and use any given situation or opportunity to tell gays exactly what Jesus-God taught about homosexuality, but even then, I think we only have a real chance to get through to the ones who are already Christian, or are serious about finding the Truth.

On a National scale...I am Canadian, and our government is solidly Liberal. Anything goes, as long as you are consenting adults and no one gets hurt (physically, not spiritually) or as long as you are a young offender, in that case, you can do whatever you like including murder, and get off with a severe tongue lashing. Our leaders are terrified of coming off as "religious". There was a strong, charismatic  Christian leader here a few years back, the head of the then, 'Canadian Reform Party'. which later joined with our Conservative party to become (Canadian Reform Aliance Party) C.R.A.P. Shocked Even though this party got started by a group of Christians, it "grew up" and this leader (Stockwell Day) was tossed out on his rump for being too "Christian" It got realy dirty and personal too...so as far as any leader of our countries are concerned, there's no room for "Christian values" which makes it very difficult for our Christian leaders to act on their faith and Christian morals.

I do believe our nations will both be judged for many of our shortcomings, allowing homosexual unions is just one on a long, long list. How do you folks think God is going to react to the richest and most powerful nations in the world allowing  millions to starve and die in sickening conditions with no medicine, no clean water, no homes, no food etc? We have the resources to put an end to it all, but we stubbornly refuse.

Bronzesnake
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2004, 08:31:19 AM »

Symph; this 'trap' as you call it now was exactly the topic that was ridiculed and mocked on this forum the day the US went for war with Iraq. If I recall it correctly I was among a few others that  warned that this would give a backlash on all fronts back to the US.

Now let's see if the search function works nicely i'll post some of the threads and reaction in this posting.
http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=193;start=msg1958#msg1958
http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=714;start=msg9896#msg9896

Hmm..   the search function won't go earlier then 400 days or so
Perhaps because of the crash in March, 2003?HuhHuh

Support your local Christian.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2004, 10:02:49 PM »

Symph,
If you read (I’m sure you all have) the condemnations of Israel and Jerusalem by God as relayed to us through the prophets Isaiah, Ezekiel and others in the OT, the similarities of the sins of “the Western World” (US and UK included) to the Jews of that time are strikingly similar.  Just like Sodom and Gomorrah.  

Yes, God does punish unrepented sin.  That is the nature of God.  His nature does not change.  Sins must be paid for – either through the blood of the Son, or through eternal damnation.

I choose the Son.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2004, 10:57:29 PM by JudgeNot » Logged

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
onestarfisher

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2004, 01:51:49 PM »

Symph,
If you read (I’m sure you all) the condemnations of Israel and Jerusalem by God as relayed to us through the prophets Isaiah, Ezekiel and others in the OT, the similarities of the sins of “the Western World” (US and UK included) to the Jews of that time are strikingly similar.  Just like Sodom and Gomorrah.  

Yes, God does punish unrepented sin.  That is the nature of God.  His nature does not change.  Sins must be paid for – either through the blood of the Son, or through eternal damnation.

I choose the Son.

Hi Judge Not, This is a part that really interests me. (I've been posting over in "Shirts") There's always that dynamic: one feels led to speak out, then one finds that no one else one knows feels led to do so and wonder if you should be. So the ensuing discussion commences. Their solution is to pray (always a good solution) You explain that praying is important, yes, but should one just fail to speak up? And round and round it goes.

However, it seems to me someone was speaking up in the OT, and they were confronting their own societies with whatever the sin of the day was.....right?Huh
« Last Edit: May 19, 2004, 01:52:43 PM by onestarfisher » Logged
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2004, 05:44:52 AM »

I'm thinking our speaking up is in response to our prayers....
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2004, 02:44:46 PM »

Jer 1:5   Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, [and] I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
Jer 1:6   Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, I cannot speak: for I [am] a child.
Jer 1:7   But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I [am] a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.
Jer 1:8   Be not afraid of their faces: for I [am] with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD.
Jer 1:9   Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.
Jer 1:10   See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.

Jer 1:16   And I will utter my judgments against them touching all their wickedness, who have forsaken me, and have burned incense unto other gods, and worshipped the works of their own hands.
Jer 1:17   Thou therefore gird up thy loins, and arise, and speak unto them all that I command thee: be not dismayed at their faces, lest I confound thee before them.
Jer 1:18   For, behold, I have made thee this day a defenced city, and an iron pillar, and brasen walls against the whole land, against the kings of Judah, against the princes thereof, against the priests thereof, and against the people of the land.
Jer 1:19   And they shall fight against thee; but they shall not prevail against thee; for I [am] with thee, saith the LORD, to deliver thee.

Eze 33:1   Again the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
Eze 33:2   Son of man, speak to the children of thy people, and say unto them, When I bring the sword upon a land, if the people of the land take a man of their coasts, and set him for their watchman:
Eze 33:3   If when he seeth the sword come upon the land, he blow the trumpet, and warn the people;
Eze 33:4   Then whosoever heareth the sound of the trumpet, and taketh not warning; if the sword come, and take him away, his blood shall be upon his own head.
Eze 33:5   He heard the sound of the trumpet, and took not warning; his blood shall be upon him. But he that taketh warning shall deliver his soul.
Eze 33:6   But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take [any] person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.
Eze 33:7   So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me.

The Jeremiahs and Ezekiels of this day are most often ignored, just as they were then. They are ridiculed, just as they were then. Some are even abused, imprisoned, or even killed, just as they were then.

And because of that, most who SHOULD be watchmen refuse, preferring instead to "flee to Tarshish" like Jonah.

Sad.

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
InHimITrust

Jesus is Lord

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2004, 10:59:29 PM »

Those who live for God and His Son do indeed try and tell people that the true way of Christ is love for others, even our enemies. The way to disarm belligerent and evilness is thru love and compassion, as Paul said we would heap hot coals on their laps by doing this. We will be judged by God on how we performed with others here on this earth, even if it means being ridiculed, mocked or even hurt. Judgement belongs to God alone. We can rebuke people, with kindness if possible, and if it is God's will, He will open that person's eyes, otherwise, we have done as God has said for us to do, to try and live in peace with all and let the light of Christ shine thru us to others. This world could go on thousands of more years, but we must do all we can to bring God into people's lives everyday while we are alive on this world today. Peace and grace to you.

"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hid. Nor do men light a lamp and put it under a bushel, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father Who is in heaven." (Matthew 5:14-16)

If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he is thirsty, give him water to drink; for you will heap coals of fire on his head, and the Lord will reward you (Proverbs 25:21, 22; RSV).
Do not give heed to every word that is spoken lest you hear your servant speaking ill of you, for you know in you heart that you have many times spoken ill of others (Ecclesiastes 7:21, 22; NEB).
Repay no one evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends upon you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God; for it is written, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord." No, "if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals upon his head." Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good (Romans 12:17-21; RSV)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2004, 11:02:42 PM by InHimITrust » Logged

Galatian 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Romans 13:10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love [is] the fulfillment of the law.
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2004, 08:17:00 AM »

Does America need a TV network pushing the homosexual agenda?

MTV, the network which brought us the infamous Super Bowl halftime show, has announced that they are beginning a cable TV network to push the homosexual agenda. The new network will be advertiser-supported and will be offered as part of the "basic" package by cable networks.

The network is scheduled to begin operating on February 17, 2005. "We have big plans and hopes for LOGO (the new homosexual network) and I'm thrilled to finally announce its arrival," said Tom Freston, CEO of MTV networks. MTV is owned by Viacom, which also owns CBS, Showtime, VH1, Comedy Central, and TV Land.

Does America need a TV network dedicated to pushing the homosexual agenda?

Please give us your opinion by taking our poll.

http://www.afa.net/petitions/networksurvey/TakeSurvey.asp

www.afa.net
© Copyright 2004
American Family Association
All Rights Reserved

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the