Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:36:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Revived Roman Empire News - the E.U.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Revived Roman Empire News - the E.U.  (Read 49066 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2007, 04:13:31 PM »

EU, Mediterranean nations renew commitment to establish free trade zone by 2010
08:16, October 22, 2007

Trade ministers of the European Union (EU) and the southern Mediterranean countries on Sunday renewed their commitment to establish a free trade area in the region by 2010 and to enhance bilateral ties.

"The southern Mediterranean nations are important neighbors of the European Union. We are determined to deepen and strengthen ourlinks with them," said European Trade Commissioner Peter Mandelson at the press conference at the end of the sixth EuroMed Trade Ministerial Conference.

The meeting drew ministers from the 27 EU members and 10 southern Mediterranean countries, namely Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Syria and Tunisia.

Mandelson said that although significant progress has been made in trade between the EU and the southern Mediterranean nations, "more needs to be done to reach the full potential of this relationship, and there is still huge untapped potential for increased trade and investment flows in this region."

"Even small steps forward bring significant benefits," he said.

The commissioner said that thanks to the association agreement under the Barcelona process the southern Mediterranean countries had doubled their trade with the EU over the last decade and their trade deficit with the EU has been cut in half.

He announced that the ministers had agreed to forge ahead with bilateral agreements on services between the EU and the Mediterranean countries which had shown an interest in undertaking these negotiations.

"I am pleased to say that already Egypt, Morocco and Israel have said they wanted to start such negotiations with the EU," he said.

He said the EU very much welcomed the strong support shown at the meeting for further South-South regional integration.

Mandelson also said that the meeting had agreed on the establishment of a group of senior officials who will be responsible for drawing up a roadmap on how to diversify and enhance EuroMed trade.

The meeting also agreed on the formation of a EuroMed business forum and network, which will have a strong contribution to the bilateral relations, he said.

EU, Mediterranean nations renew commitment to establish free trade zone by 2010

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2007, 04:14:45 PM »

The EU's 'Reform Treaty'

The creation of a committee of wise men to consider the Union's future was put forward by French President Nicolas Sarkozy in August. Up to twelve "highly respected personalities" would be mandated to produce "a plan for the development of the EU until the year 2030", in time for the 2009 European elections.

The October paper calls for "a true European debate" rather than "the development of specific strategies behind closed doors", but concedes that "it would be wrong to underestimate" what the committee might achieve.

Most member states would prefer to ignore the proposal, claim the authors, but Germany, France and the UK have welcomed the idea, as has the Commission, albeit with more caution. However, Parliament has "lashed out at the proposals", preferring a new convention with parliamentary and civil society involvement.

The authors believe the extent to which the EU should further integrate is an unanswered question, and highlight the success of the Spinelli, Delors, Sapir and Kok reports produced by such committees in the past in influencing the direction of integration.

They outline five challenges that must be addressed for the committee to be a success:

* Heads of state and government must ensure that Sarkozy cannot 'instrumentalise' the committee in order to achieve his political goals.
    * It should concentrate on providing political orientation rather than institutional reform, especially coming so soon after the Reform Treaty.
    * It would be wrong to evade the issue of the committee's democratic legitimacy, and it must not be allowed to negate the principle of participation.
    * The committee must not be dominated by active politicians.
    * It must take into account the current reality of EU politics, namely that it is very difficult to reconcile the differing goals and substantial compromise is necessary.

The committee should cover strategic issues to avoid getting "bogged down in details":

* Identifying future political and strategic challenges for the EU, and establish its future political and economic significance of the EU in the global context.
    * Considering differentiation strategies to allow for multi-speed integration.
    * Considering how to politicise EU institutions and make them interest citizens.

They conclude that a committee of wise men would be able to do things that are impossible in the narrower decision-making sphere, but warns that the member states and EU institutions will have to be prepared to take note of its recommendations.

The EU's 'Reform Treaty'

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2007, 04:15:58 PM »

EU vows to shape globalisation
22.10.2007 - 08:30 CET | By Renata Goldirova
EUOBSERVER / BRUSSELS – Having finally put six years of institutional wrangling behind it with last week's agreement on a new treaty, the 27-nation EU says it is now confident to face outside challenges.

In December, EU leaders are expected to adopt a declaration, which should underline the bloc's change of priorities – moving from institutional matters towards issues such as globalisation and climate change.

"We have agreed that we should rule out further institutional change for years ahead", UK prime minister Gordon Brown said on Friday (19 October) – something he said he personally hoped would be the case for at least a decade.

The union now has less than two months to agree a list of new priorities linked to globalisation and subsequently move on to agreeing the best political recipe for how to deal with the phenomenon.

According to the European Commission, the EU should avoid being a passive spectator, but rather "shape" globalisation.

In practice, it is promoting the so-called principle of reciprocity - meaning trading partners should open their markets as much as the EU does.

"We should be open, but not naive. We should not close our doors, rather we should encourage others to open theirs", commission president Jose Manuel Barroso said, suggesting that openness is a two-way street and that third countries should offer comparable levels of openness to EU exporters and investors.

In addition, foreign companies wishing to do business in EU territory should not be allowed to by-pass the rules applied in the union's internal market.

Speaking at the EU summit Friday (19 October), French president Nicolas Sarkozy proved to be the strongest advocate of such a principle.

"Let's not be naive, we must demand a reciprocity", he said, complaining about the severe environmental and social requirements placed upon EU businesses, but not followed by their non-European competitors.

"We have to remind others there are rights as well as obligations", Mr Sarkozy added, singling out Russia and China.

EU vows to shape globalisation

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2007, 01:57:02 AM »

Praise be to God,
The Beast Rises & the power he will ride is with us!
Halliluhia, Glory be to God!
Hang on we're in for a quick ride(shout)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2007, 06:40:30 PM »

France on Turkish membership talks
24.10.2007 - 17:43 CET | By Jochen Luypaert
The European Commission has said membership negotiations with Turkey should be expanded in the coming weeks, challenging France's stance that such a decision should wait until a "committee of wise men" has been set up to discuss the future of the European Union.

On Wednesday (24 October), enlargement commissioner Olli Rehn said that new chapters should be opened in the membership talks between the EU and Turkey in order to encourage further reforms in the candidate member state.

"The European perspective of Turkey has proven to be a key incentive for the reforms in the country," the commissioner said during a plenary session of the European Parliament.

"[T]o have a serious political leverage to encourage reforms, the European Union itself has to stick to own its commitments. We have to keep our word (...) All member states [also] continue to support accession negotiations with Turkey," he added.

"We should therefore open further chapters once they are technically ready. At least, two chapters – consumer and health protection, and trans-European networks – could be opened in the coming weeks," he explained.

But French president Sarkozy, a vocal opponent of the accession of Turkey to the union, said earlier this year that he would only support Turkey's bid if a "committee of wise men" was set up.

This committee would be entrusted with the task to think about the future role and borders of the EU – a course of action that is perceived as a way of stalling further negotiations with Turkey.

Last week, he reiterated this vision during an EU meeting in Lisbon, saying that the EU should not open any new accession negotiation chapters before the proposed committee is put in place.

Urgently needed reforms
The tension between the Brussels and Paris stance on Turkey comes just ahead of the commission's annual report on Turkey's progress towards the EU, set to be published on 6 November.

In his speech, the commissioner already highlighted the main points of the report by welcoming the newly-elected Turkish government's promised to accelerate reforms, and by warning that some issues should be urgently addressed, in particular the freedom of expression and religion.

"The Commission welcomes the fact that the government has put the constitutional reforms at the top of its agenda, with a view to improving democracy and expanding individual freedoms," he said.

"But this should not result in postponement of reforms that are urgently needed today, such as the revision of the Turkish Penal Code and the adoption of the Law on Foundations to ensure freedom of expression and freedom of religion," he added.

The commissioner also warned that there were several other issues that were in urgent need of attention.

"Further efforts are also needed to ensure democratic supremacy of civil-military relations, protect the rights of women, children and trade unions, improve the judicial system and enhance the fight against corruption," he said.

The European Parliament mirrored this in an EU-Turkey resolution agreed on the same day.

France on Turkish membership talks

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2007, 07:12:27 PM »

Yeh Baby,
I've been waiting for the E.U & Turkey to step up again...
I think they will be allowed to join this time & this will cause the tentions between The Muslim Nations in that region
to intensifiy against the nations that belong to the E.U...
I believe this because, One of the Main reasons that the Muslim nations are mad at us, because we're in their backyards.
How much more radical do you think they will become with the E.U Living at their Borders?
They(E.U) will push for Global Law, And they will make and enforce all Global Laws!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2007, 07:25:11 PM »

I believe this because, One of the Main reasons that the Muslim nations are mad at us, because we're in their backyards.

I agree with the majority of your statement except the sentence above. It isn't because we are in their backyard. This is a statement that the liberals have been using as a reason for us to get our Troops back home and to stay out of the ME. The reason that muslims are upset with us is that we have been standing in their way of destroying Israel and in taking over the entire world with their sharia law. Their main objective is to take over the entire world and remove all Jews from the face of the earth.

We are in their backyard because of this.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2007, 07:28:14 PM »

Their main objective is to take over the entire world and remove all Jews from the face of the earth.

And Christians, from this earth.

The reason that muslims are upset with us is that we have been standing in their way of destroying Israel and in taking over the entire world with their sharia law.

YUP!!

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2007, 09:21:58 PM »

I said one of the MAIN reason, Not the MAIN reason!
The MAIN reason is because God say's so, you know? ISSAC & ISHMEAL, ESAU & JACOB, CAIN & ABLE
I was just saying they will use that to insite disention among themselves..
What they hate us for, is what America stands for, freedoms that they don't agree with:
Homosexuals,christians,woman able to be equal,ect.ect.ect. Which i agree w/some..
We can't protect Isreal from Iran, Russia, China.
Back in 1979 when i lived in Japan and almost went to Iran to walk a mile for a camel (sorry old corps joke)
I started studying them, other than what i already knew from scripture...
I wrote the Pres. of Iran a couple yrs. ago and told him if he wanted find out who God is, to go ahead and attack Isreal!

Def

My Father, it is me your daughter, in Jesus.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2007, 03:22:04 PM »

Praise be to God,
The Beast Rises & the power he will ride is with us!
Hallelujah, Glory be to God!
Hang on we're in for a quick ride(shout)
Praise be to God
I am ready.
Let them ride.
soon i will be changing this" rock and roll chair", for a Magnificent white horse .Shouting Praises to our God.
Come Lord Jesus come and let them fight it out .
alleluia ,We win and that I am sure  of..
move fast Satan give it all you've got
for their is a pit waiting just for you.

But to us There Is But one God,  the  Father, of  whom  Are  all  things, and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ by whom Are all things and we by Him(1Cor 8:6  KJV)
I believe that Jesus died for my sins  was buried rose again and is sitting at the right hand of God Almighty interceding for me Amen
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2007, 04:51:07 PM »

AMEN Def,
Satans FINAL destination is the Lake of Fire though..
He'll only be in the Sealed pit for a 1000 yrs.
It's ok, alot of people confuse the two,
The lord says that HELL, Satan and all the others will be cast into The Lake of Fire.
For those that don't believe it...
My ? would be:
HOW can Hell be cast into itself & WHY would God just put him back where's he's been?
Does'nt make sence and i dare not call the Lord a Liar...
Your Lovig Brother Duane

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2007, 10:43:47 AM »

Pope to meet King Abdullah of Saudi

Richard Owen in Rome

Pope Benedict XVI is to meet King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia next week in the first talks between a Saudi monarch and a Pope.

The Vatican said the uprecedented meeting would take place at the Vatican on Tuesday. King Abdullah has been paying a visit to Britain as part of a European tour. The Pope has sought to promote Christian-Muslim dialogue, and last month October opened a three day inter faith conference at Naples which included Muslim representatives.

The Vatican does not have formal diplomatic ties with Saudi Arabia, and relations have been strained, with the Holy See demanding "reciprocity" in religious observance. While Muslims are free to practice their faith in the West Christians are not given the same rights in Saudi Arabia. Bibles and crosses are confiscated at the border.

From the Muslim point of view tensions were increased by the Pope himself last year after Benedict, speaking at Regensburg University in his native Bavaria, quoted from a Byzantine Emperor who had suggested Islam was inherently violent. He said he was misunderstood and later expressed his esteem for Muslims.

Last month the Pope met the Saudi Foreign Minister at Castalgandolfo, his summer residence outside Rome, to discuss the Middle East and the "defence of religious and moral values".

Pope to meet King Abdullah of Saudi

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2007, 10:46:10 AM »

Saudi Arabia’s King Hits a Few Bumps in His Visit to Britain

By SARAH LYALL
Published: November 1, 2007

LONDON, Oct. 31 — First, King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia chastised his host, the British government, for not doing enough to combat terrorism. Then the acting leader of Britain’s Liberal Democrat Party announced that he was boycotting ceremonial events for Abdullah to protest his country’s human rights policy. Then the mayor of London criticized British officials for “bending over backwards, desperate to win arms deals” with the Saudis.

Other than that, the three-day state visit by the king, the first by a Saudi ruler in 20 years, has gone more or less without a hitch, from the moment he landed on Monday. (He was met at Heathrow Airport by Prince Charles, which helped ensure that he would not encounter traffic problems coming into London.) There was a white-tie state banquet at Buckingham Palace on Tuesday, and Abdullah met with Prime Minister Gordon Brown at 10 Downing Street on Wednesday. The talks, a spokesman said, centered on terrorism, Middle East peace issues, health and education, but not human rights.

Britain regards Saudi Arabia as a vital ally, for its strategic position in the Middle East, for its oil, for its antagonism toward Al Qaeda and for its influence in the Islamic world. Saudi Arabia is Britain’s largest Middle Eastern trading partner and an avid supporter of the British aerospace and weapons industry. The two countries share a relationship that is of “mutual benefit,” Queen Elizabeth said Tuesday.

In September, the two countries announced that they had signed a deal for Britain to sell 72 Eurofighter Typhoon aircraft to Saudi Arabia, for £4.43 billion, about $9.1 billion.

Last year, the British government announced that it was shutting down an investigation by the Serious Fraud Office into accusations that the defense company BAE Systems had paid bribes to Saudi officials as part of a multibillion-dollar arms deal. Lord Goldsmith, then the attorney general, said that continuing the investigation “would cause serious damage to U.K.-Saudi security, intelligence and diplomatic cooperation.”

Saudi Arabia’s records on human rights and combating terrorism have dogged Abdullah’s trip. Last week, a research group called the Policy Exchange released a report that said that extremist material, much of it published in Saudi Arabia, was being distributed in a number of big-city mosques across Britain.

Before his visit, King Abdullah set off a minor diplomatic flurry when, in an interview with the BBC, he accused Britain of not taking the issue of terrorism seriously enough and said it had ignored Saudi intelligence “that may have been able to avert the tragedy” of the bombings in London on July 7, 2005. (In a highly unusual public response, the internal security agency MI5 posted a statement on its Web site saying that “no prior warning of the attacks was received from any source.”)

In London, Kate Allen, director of Amnesty International U.K., said, “Gordon Brown should use this meeting with the Saudi king to make absolutely clear that the extent and severity of human rights abuses in King Abdullah’s country are totally unacceptable.”

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2007, 10:51:36 AM »

I'm not fully awake yet and will probably think of other things (not enough coffee going through my veins yet) but what I've noticed is that it seems there's more global interest in Middle East. No matter what country is visited or being visited, the middle east seems to be the central topic during that visit (Iran, Israel, Syria, Iraq) And what I think are key players in end times have come to the forefront in the news (Russia, EU, Asia)

Now look what Daniel 12 says......

Daniel 12:4 But you, O Daniel, shut up the words and seal the Book until the time of the end. [Then] many shall run to and fro and search anxiously, and knowledge [of God's purposes as revealed by His prophets] shall be increased and become great.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2007, 11:38:21 AM »

Turkey closes N Iraq airspace
Nov 1, 2007 10:08 PM

Turkey has closed its airspace to flights to and from northern Iraq, NTV television said, as part of economic sanctions targeting groups supporting Kurdish militants operating in northern Iraq.

Private broadcaster NTV gave no source for its report and it was not clear whether any ban would affect US military planes operating between NATO member Turkey and Iraq.

Officials were not immediately available to confirm the NTV report.

Ankara is furious with the autonomous Kurdish administration of northern Iraq for failing to crack down on PKK guerrillas who are battling Turkish troops near the Turkish-Iraqi border.

Turkey's cabinet approved on Wednesday unspecified economic sanctions against groups deemed to support the outlawed PKK in a move widely seen as targeting Masoud Barzani's Iraqi Kurdish administration.

"I cannot discuss the measures we are thinking of. The measures are directed against the PKK and those that directly support them," Deputy Prime Minister and government spokesman Cemil Cicek said late on Wednesday.

Turkish newspapers have mentioned a flight ban as one of the possible measures, along with restrictions on traffic through the Habur border gate with Iraq, curbs on exports of electricity and cement to northern Iraq and a clampdown on the operations of firms belonging to Barzani in Turkey.

On Tuesday, airline officials said Turkey's civil aviation authority had denied Istanbul-based charter airline Tarhan Tower permission to fly two of its three weekly flights to Arbil, Barzani's capital, this week.

The United States uses Turkey's Incirlik airbase to provide logistical support to its forces in Iraq, though it has very few troops in the mainly Kurdish and relatively peaceful north of that country.

US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice will discuss the PKK issue with Turkish leaders in Ankara on Friday.

Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan will then hold talks next Monday in Washington with US President George W Bush.

Turkey closes N Iraq airspace

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the