Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:04:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286807 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Movies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Matrix Trilogy
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Matrix Trilogy  (Read 1742 times)
HylianHero

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2004, 09:36:23 PM »

I was just wondering if anyone here has seen and enjoyed the trilogy. I thought they were good action movies. They always confused me a lot though. Especially Revolutions. I thought that the first movie was good, the second was horrible, and the third was alright. What do you think?
Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

We'll party like we're dead.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2004, 04:24:47 PM »

The first one was one of the greatest movies ever, the last two were...well...not.
peachykeen

No, I really AM a llama

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2004, 04:06:31 PM »

I dunno, I tended to like both of the first ones (everyone seemed to hate it, however, I think mostly cause' people hate being caught in suspense.  But Kill Bill left you hanging and people liked that...hmm.....).  I guess I need to see the third.

Do not be decieved,Wormwood.Our cause is never more in danger than when a human,no longer desiring,but still intending to do God's will,looks round upon a universe from which every trace of Him seems to have vanished,and asks why he has been forsaken,and still obeys.-CS Lewis,Screwtape
HylianHero

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2004, 06:05:30 PM »

To me, the third made the second look really bad
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2004, 03:14:56 AM »

I've thot about seeing them, or maybe the first one, at least.

I'd heard they pose some interesting questions.

Why was the first one the best?  Or, why was it so good in the first place?  The action?  Or something else?
Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2004, 01:08:04 PM »

The first one introduces some very interesting, and often frightening, ideas. It makes you think, but at the same time, has enough action to keep you coming back and enjoying it over and over. The last two just go way overboard with either philosophy or action. The first one had an intriguing balance with an ending that you could be happy with. The last two seemed to be there as money-makers, if that makes any sense...
Jester

uber 1337

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2004, 07:43:09 AM »

i own and love all three of them.  each one should be seen as a separate entity.  they all serve their purpose.  the first one is an introduction to characters, story, and shows you what the matrix is.  it is balenced action in both the real, and matrix worlds.  

the second one is more so focused on things that are happeneing IN the matrix and thusly, you dont see too much happenenig in the real world.  its mainly focused on the matrix and the happenings there.  

the third one is mostly staged in the real world.  its to show the battle between the machines and men once the walls are breached.  

so as you can see, all three serve a purpose and i think they do it extremely well.  

i love the series personally.  

aww man... you cant pick up chicks in a tank...
--Tucker
HylianHero

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2004, 07:00:12 PM »

That is very true. I just thought that the second one had way too much emphasis on action, and not enough on story. In the third one, I really didn't like the Smith/Neo fight all that much, what was more fun was the Human/Machine fight.
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2004, 07:35:56 AM »

I've only seen the first one and it was ok.  It isn't really that deep at all but people that don't think very deeply at see this as a crazy deep movie.  I see it as a sort of fun movie if you're bored.  The biblical tie ins are sort of shallow in my opinion, though I bet a lot of people missed that.   One thing to notice, if you never did, is the most blatent scene at the end of the movie.  Many have commented that neo is a rearanged way to spell one and that  seeing as neo means new well....   You go watch it again or for the first time and see what you find.

Neo
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2004, 12:41:52 PM »

I think perhaps you just didn't really understand the first one, based on your analysis of "...people that don't think very deeply at [sic] see this as a crazy deep movie." The first movie was revolutionary and, in some aspects, very profound. I agree that some people unnecessarily glorify the movie, but that's not an excuse for claiming that only shallow people think of it as a "crazy deep" movie.

The first one was the best by far. The second two were well-written, but not nearly as good.

The parallels between Neo and Jesus are much more evident in the second two movies, particularly The Matrix: Revolutions. There are a few superficial ones in the original Matrix (e.g., Neo's death and return to life before "destroying" Agent Smith), but that's about it.

Again, The Matrix is awesome. The rest of the trilogy is... aiight.
Scoundrel

Officer! I'm a witness!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2004, 12:06:53 PM »

I really enjoyed all three movies, especially the many levels of Gospel symbolism in them.  

The first movie was profound, ground breaking, earth shattering and stunning.  The last 2 were mere shadows of the first.

I did not like the second one due to the protracted "dirty dancing" segment and what I felt was a very strained sermon by Morpheus...I dunno.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2004, 03:35:38 AM »

What do you mean by "very strained sermon"? Huh

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
emptyemerica

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2004, 12:21:01 AM »

the 2nd was the best and the 3rd just was horrible...... Wink
Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2004, 04:34:14 PM »

The second one was just awful...The directors shoved so much philosophy and metaphorical psychobabble down our throats that I just stopped caring. And don't say I don't appreciate it because I don't understand it, because that's not necessarily the case.
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2004, 08:49:07 PM »

I have seen only the first movie, not money to see any of the others.  Cry

I liked the first moive! Grin

Blessings,  \o/

MsGuidedAngel

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the