Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:21:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286807 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Alleluia!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alleluia!  (Read 630 times)
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2004, 08:05:59 PM »

From a friend in college. (I thought this was interesting, so I'm passing it on...) My Hebrew dictionary defines the word "Alleluia" in this manner: Praise ye Jah (or Yah)!

So you guys know the word, "Alleluia" well that is the Greek form of the Hebrew word, " Hallelujah". The word basically means, "Praise the Lord!" and it expresses joy, praise, and thanksgiving to the God of the heavens and the earth. The word is also found often in the Psalms as the word that is used to call people to worship. Something even more that I find interesting is that the word is most commonly used in the book of Revelation as the children of God are gathered in Heaven for the all-out worship celebration banquet! So.... whats the point, right? Well think about this interesting fact also.... the word  alleluia is pronounced as alleluia(the same way we pronounce it in English)  in every language I have discovered. Therefore this is the interesting point... when we all get to Heaven( like the description in Revelation 5)... all the tribes, tongues, and people from all over the world that are our brothers and sisters in Christ, and have served God with all their heart soul and might..... we will all worship together, and the one common word that will unite us is Alleluia, or Praise the Lord!!!! Now, I can only imagine what heaven will be like, and I sure do not know how we all will speak, but I do think it is awesome to think about the word Alleluia as being the unifying word on earth that calls all brothers and sisters to worship, and that it will be the same word we all use in Heaven as the word that calls all believers to worship the Lamb! The Lamb of Judah, the perfect sacrifice that takes all sin upon Himself and gives us life in the process. wow!

I guess the only reason I wanted to tell you about this, well first because it blows my mind that throughout all the language barriers between believers here on earth, that we can all understand the word, Alleluia, Praise the Lord. But, also I told you this because it helps bring life into perspective of what it most important, or what is best! Life on earth is so temporary, yet it matters because it must not be wasted on the temporal, but spent on the devotion to worship God! Does that make sense? Life is short...don't waste days on yourself and the things that will pass away....rather, let your life be controlled by worship. Worship God by being obedient and surrendering your evreything to Him in faith! Life is then worth living, we have purpose! Amen!

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2004, 12:26:37 AM »

Alleluia!
 Smiley

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2004, 06:36:20 AM »

Alleluia!  Cheesy

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the