Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:51:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  For Men Only (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Man In The Mirror
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Man In The Mirror  (Read 18539 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2004, 11:37:20 PM »

I think a patrol car woul be more fitting for Tom... Let the Canadians trot around on the backs of animals...

Na lets see Tom ride a horse.......... Tongue

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2004, 10:11:15 AM »

I think a patrol car woul be more fitting for Tom... Let the Canadians trot around on the backs of animals...

Oklahoma Howdy to Dreamweaver,

I'm not much of a cowboy, even though I'm from Oklahoma. However, you are talking about a stick horse, RIGHT?   Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom

Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2004, 07:31:45 PM »

a stick horse? LOL!

a`m gettin worried...perhaps a rocking horse would be more your speed ole` Tomboy?

« Last Edit: May 19, 2004, 07:35:05 PM by Shylynne » Logged

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Shylynne
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2004, 07:37:38 PM »

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2004, 08:37:03 PM »

a stick horse? LOL!

a`m gettin worried...perhaps a rocking horse would be more your speed ole` Tomboy?

Sister Shylynne,

Grin  I resemble that remark. Get me a helmet and a seat belt, and I'll be set to go.

Tom

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2004, 08:29:16 AM »

The Cost and Power of a Godly Life

Are we willing to lose while standing for what is right?
by J.C. Watts Jr.

After I left Congress, I was interviewing for a job. My prospective employers approached me and laid out the criteria for the position.

I fit all the criteria: I had been in leadership in Congress. I had been a strong advocate of business and of making a profit. I believe that success is not a sin and poverty is not a virtue. It's OK to make a profit if you can't make a profit, there won't be jobs. If I make a profit, I'll create jobs.

I fit the mold of everything that they wanted. But they finally got around to telling me that I didn't get the job. "You're too conservative," they said. They meant, "You need to back off of your faith."

When I was in Congress I told my constituents, "I will get beat up because I am pro-life. I am for defending the sanctity of marriage. And I want to tell you up front that if you vote for me, those are the positions that I will take. I am willing to lose while standing for what's right."

Character matters. At one point while I was serving in Congress, I found myself on the floor of the House of Representatives, and we were discussing the issue of character. Some were saying that as long as the economy was good, it didn't matter what one's character was. But character does matter. Here is a simple definition of character: Character is doing what is right when no one is looking. That's what my father, Buddy Watts, said.

I think a lot about how to make my profession Christian. Our lives are the only "Bible" that many people will ever read. They'll never pick up Scripture and read the book of Exodus and the Ten Commandments; they'll never turn to 1 Samuel and read about David. But they will read our lives.

It is encouraging to see executive leaders, businessmen and women, who stand boldly for their faith and say that you can be successful and also be moral; that you can be successful and also honest; that you can be successful and also be ethical. It is an encouragement to me because I see so many in the business community who, when they get over-absorbed in the political process, do not stand for their values. They are not willing to lose while standing on their principles.

If you are to make your profession Christian, there's going to be a cost. If you want to stand on God's Word, there's going to be a cost. But I guarantee you, when it's all said and done, the cost is worth it.

J.C. Watts Jr. is chairman of J.C. Watts Companies, after serving eight years in the United States Congress. He was also a speaker at the Christian Executive Leadership Forum at the Billy Graham Training Center, April 30-May 2, 2004.

Adapted from "Christian Influence the Power of a Godly Life," at the Christian Executive Leadership Forum at the Billy Graham Training Center. ©2004 Billy Graham Evangelistic Association
Photo/Illustration: Russ Busby/©2004 BGEA

~from the July/August 2004 issue of "Decision" magazine

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2004, 04:45:44 PM »

If you are to make your profession Christian, there's going to be a cost. If you want to stand on God's Word, there's going to be a cost. But I guarantee you, when it's all said and done, the cost is worth it.

AMEN!!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2004, 07:29:39 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to SincereHeart,

Sister, thanks for the article about character. There once was a time in America where all leaders were expected to stand up for morals and Biblical principles. Sadly, much of the news media grinds many of those people up and spits them out now.

I was just thinking about this. It is easy to knock this person down and beat him or her up pretty badly unless others stand behind them, prop them up, or pick them up. It sure would be nice to hear a roar of support for what America used to demand in just about all professions. It is almost a given now that the opposite is true most of the time. If there is a cost associated with standing up for Jesus and Biblical principles, LET'S PAY IT, KEEP PAYING IT, AND HOLD EACH OTHER UP DURING THE ASSAULT THAT IS SURE TO COME!

Love in Christ,
Tom

Shylynne
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2004, 05:54:22 PM »

"I am willing to lose while standing for what's right."
Character matters.

amen!

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2006, 07:39:21 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Dreamweaver,

I'm not much of a cowboy, even though I'm from Oklahoma. However, you are talking about a stick horse, RIGHT?   Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom
Brother, it seems you have the only stick horses......

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the