Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:38:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  THE LAWS OF SOWING AND REAPING (PART II)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE LAWS OF SOWING AND REAPING (PART II)  (Read 1606 times)
THEEVANGELIST

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2004, 02:33:17 PM »

Praise the Lord!  Glory to God!  I'm so excited to be with you today.  I have a word from heaven that will charge your spirit.  I refuse to live in lack.  We serve a God that is more than enough.  It is time for Christians to rise up.  Who said that being poor was being holy?  My friend that is a lie from the pit of hell!  When I preach on the love of God or on the peace of God, I get all kinds of email replies saying how great a message that was.  Now, since this prosperity series, mostly, not always, I get people mad cause I'm preaching God wants us to prosper.  Beloved, the love of God is prosperity!  The love of God is peace!  The love of God is healing in your body!  The love of God is household salvation!
Last week I introduced the seed principle.  God had set a law of increase in our lives as believers (Gen. 8:22).  Remember that everything in the kingdom of God works by faith.  However, Galatians 5:6 says that...faith works by love.  When you start giving just because it is your Christian, loving nature that is when God will show up in your life as an Ephesian 3:20 God.  I don't want to get too far off track.  I want to continue to explain the seed principle.  
Jesus Christ was a seed.  God had a son, but he wanted a family.  God sowed a very precious seed two thousand years ago so that he could reap a very precious harvest=us!  Do you see the increase?  God sowed one man to reap mankind.  This is how we, as believers, should obtain increase in our lives as well.  However, the average Christian, goes and works an extra job=which could be valuable time used to seek the Lord, read the bible, or confessing in your harvest.  I'm not preaching against working two jobs, but lets make sure God gets his time.
Turn with me to 2Corinthians 9:6.  But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.  Simply stated= to the degree that you give is the degree that you receive.  If a farmer plants a few seeds, he will get a little crop.  Keep in my that when you give, you are not giving your money away.  A farmer doesn't say that he gives seed away.  You are giving into.  A farmer sows his seed into the ground.  Now that seed is in the ground, you have a right to expect a harvest.  
Now I really need for you to follow me here.  Look at 2Corinthian 9:10.  Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness.  The he in verse 10 is referring to God.  In the first part of this verse it is saying that God will give seed or money to a sower.  Well, my next question is what is a sower?  Naturally, the answer would be someone who sows seed.  That is half correct.  There is a difference between someone who sows and someone that is a sower.  A sower's life depends on their seed.  For an example, when it doesn't rain for weeks at a time a farmer doesn't sleep very good.  His life is in his seed.  His provision for his family depends on what his harvest is!  This is a sower.  Now someone who sows seed is like this.  My mom used to have a little tomato garden in the back yard.  It was more of a hobby.  Our well being did not depend on if those tomatoes had a successful harvest. This is someone who sows.
Here is where we have made the mistake.  We have taken our paychecks as our income.  Your paycheck is your bag of seed.  The harvest is always bigger than the seed.  We have been living of seed!  That is why we have been living substandard.  Our paycheck is not our supply source.  God is our source.  Our paychecks are no longer our income, but it is the pathway to our income.   So what are saying Mr. Evangelist?  Are you saying that we need to start sowing all of our money that we receive?  Of coarse not!  I'm saying it is important to be sensitive to the holy spirit.  Give when he says give. That is why is so important to have a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.   The bible says that we move from faith to faith.  This sowing thing is a faith thing.
As I said earlier, it is extremely vital to seek the holy spirit to find out where you are to sow your seed.  One lady emailed me when I was teaching on the tithe.  She asked me that instead of giving her tithes to the church could she just give them to the poor.  Through the scriptures I showed her that the tithe goes to the church.  It is all through the bible that we should help the poor.  That is something as Christians that we should do.  I'm not preaching against the poor.  Let me ask you this?  Does the farmer look for poor soil or the rich soil to sow seed into?  Many times a person sees the rich preacher or the well established ministry, and they do not want to sow into that man or ministry.  Again, I stress develop an ear for the spirit of God.  He will guide you to all truths.  The Spirit of God will show you where and when to give.  Get ready...part III is coming next week.  Until next time, keep your eyes on Jesus
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the