Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:10:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  John 11:25
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: John 11:25  (Read 1837 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2004, 01:44:21 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

John 11:25 - Part One

This is a mini-study on John 11:25. Resurrection is a rising from the dead to life again. This is controversial with many people, especially the lost. However, the truth of the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead is literal and real. It is very sad that the preaching of the cross and the resurrection of our precious Lord and Saviour are rejected by the lost. It is foolishness for many, but HE is the center and focus of LIFE and LIGHT for those who have the HOLY SPIRIT living in their hearts and CHRIST JESUS as their LIVING SAVIOUR.

"Resurrection" - From G450; a standing up again, that is, (literally) a resurrection from death (individual, general or by implication (its author)), or (figuratively) a (moral) recovery (of spiritual truth): - raised to life again, resurrection, rise from the dead, that should rise, rising again. Strong's Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries
John 11:25  Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Acts 26:23  That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.

Romans 6:5  For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

1 Corinthians 15:12  Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
1 Corinthians 15:13  But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:

1 Corinthians 15:42  So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

Philippians 3:10  That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
Philippians 3:11  If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

1 Peter 1:3  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

1 Thessalonians 4:16  For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

1 Corinthians 15:21  For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
1 Corinthians 15:22  For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
1 Corinthians 15:23  But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
1 Corinthians 15:24  Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
1 Corinthians 15:25  For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

1 Corinthians 15:45  And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

1 Corinthians 15:51  Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1 Corinthians 15:52  In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1 Corinthians 15:53  For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1 Corinthians 15:54  So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Colossians 1:18  And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Continued..............Part Two

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2004, 01:51:42 AM »

John 11:25 - Part Two

1 Thessalonians 5:9  For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Romans 8:19  For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Romans 8:20  For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
Romans 8:21  Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
Romans 8:22  For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
Romans 8:23  And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Revelation 21:1  And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Philippians 3:8  Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

John 10:27  My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Romans 8:11  But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

I have decided that nothing will get in the way of having quiet time in the study of HIS WORD and prayer every day. There is no greater priority, and there should be frequent times where we shut out the noise of the world completely. These quiet times become precious and they revive our strength and purpose. It always involves a personal fellowship with Jesus Christ when we shut out everything except HIS WORD and HIM.

These are beautiful portions of Scripture, so I doubt I will give much commentary. I would simply like to summarize some beautiful truths that Christians should give thanks for every day.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for your LOVE, your GRACE, and the GIFT of your SON on the cross for sinful men.

My Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross in my place.

My Lord Jesus, thank you for shedding your blood and washing away my sins.

My Lord Jesus, thank you for forgiving my sins.

My Lord Jesus, thank you for your suffering that gave me a new birth, born from incorruptible seed YOU planted in my heart.

My Lord Jesus, thank you for allowing me to be seen in and through YOU.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for sending Your HOLY SPIRIT  to live in my heart, SEAL my heart with YOUR promises, and set me aside as a purchased possession belonging to YOU forever.

My Lord Jesus, you arose from the dead and LIVE. Thanks for your GIFT that allows me to arise from the dead and live in joy with YOU for eternity.

My Lord Jesus, I yield to YOUR RIGHTEOUSNESS and Lordship in my life. I ask for guidance in walking paths that are most pleasing to YOU.

My Lord Jesus, I seek Your Will, Your Joy, and Your Peace.

My Lord Jesus, all GLORY in Your Precious Name.

Amen.

Love In Christ,
Tom

tqpix

I'm a Christian!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2004, 06:07:01 AM »

Another passage concerning the ressurection:

Romans 14:9
For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

I like that passage, because it gives more explanation as to why Christ had to die and be ressurrected.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2004, 09:14:28 AM »

Hello Tqpix,

AMEN - Excellent portion of Scripture.

Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2004, 04:29:52 PM »

These quiet times become precious and they revive our strength and purpose. It always involves a personal fellowship with Jesus Christ when we shut out everything except HIS WORD and HIM.

amen.

Isa 32:17  And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Isa 32:18  And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places;

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the