Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:58:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Movies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Passion, Passion, Passion.....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Passion, Passion, Passion.....  (Read 1522 times)
peachykeen

No, I really AM a llama

View Profile
« on: April 06, 2004, 03:34:28 PM »

Saw the Passion the other day, and absolutley loved it.  I was practically bawiling throughout the entire movie.  I thought it was interesting though that most critics seemed to hate it, or they couldn't say enough about it.  I noticed all teh good reviews were mostly from christians, and the bad reviews were strong athiests or from other religions....hmmm...
I think the Passion really proved a strong point that most people didn't want to believe (Christ was the real thing).  As one Newsweek article put it: "The torture Jesus endured was grewsome, it's hard to believe taht anyone could lvie through that kind of beating."  That was the point though....he didn't.  lol, anyways, I was just thinking that christians will always be under attack ("And they will hate you because they hate me," I think that's somewhere in Matthew or Luke...), mostly because I think people don't believe, it's that they don't want to believe.  

Also wanted to point out that Satan was played amazingly evil, and that the baby he was holding in his arms as Jesus was being whipped was the anti-Christ.  Cool little detail, in case you guys didn't already know.  

All my love, peachy

Do not be decieved,Wormwood.Our cause is never more in danger than when a human,no longer desiring,but still intending to do God's will,looks round upon a universe from which every trace of Him seems to have vanished,and asks why he has been forsaken,and still obeys.-CS Lewis,Screwtape
Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

We'll party like we're dead.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2004, 04:35:20 PM »

I swear, if I see another thread with the words "Passion," "Mel," or "Gibson" in it, I'm gonna shoot someone.
Reba
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2004, 06:45:36 PM »

Mel
Reba
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2004, 06:46:04 PM »

Gibson
peachykeen

No, I really AM a llama

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2004, 07:35:09 PM »

lol

Do not be decieved,Wormwood.Our cause is never more in danger than when a human,no longer desiring,but still intending to do God's will,looks round upon a universe from which every trace of Him seems to have vanished,and asks why he has been forsaken,and still obeys.-CS Lewis,Screwtape
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2004, 09:01:08 AM »

Love your review, Peachy.  Smiley You should write for the New York Times.   They'd never print it though.  Their loss.   Roll Eyes

Sapphire:   "Gibson".  

BTW, have you seen it yet, Sapphire?

I haven't seen it yet.  I asked one guy if he wanted to; thot he was going to kill me right there.  Don't know why.  I guess some people just don't want anything to do with it at all.  Matthew 27:19.

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2004, 02:55:31 PM »

I saw it a couple of weeks ago, and thought it was a good representation.  There's alot there that isn't the exact way it happened, and alot there that is cultural, that I didn't consider, making the whole thing more enlightening.  But I will say this:  I didn't leave crying for what they showed Jesus going through for me.  I left happy.  Yup.  Joyful even!  I know, "What kind of morbid fellow are you?"   Huh I'm not, really.   Smiley  I left joyfully blessed that Jesus suffered, bled, and died for me.  But I left knowing that it didn't end just with the last few minutes of the film wherein He rose again.  I serve a risen Savior, Who loves me, died for me, lives in me, and wants me to know Him more and more in the fellowship of His sufferings day by day.  I left knowing how God sees my sin, but moreover, how God loves me inspite of my sin.  Enough to send His Son, Who went willingly, through all of that, for me.

I didn't glory in the gory.  I glory in the grace.   Smiley
« Last Edit: April 07, 2004, 02:57:39 PM by Allinall » Logged

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
peachykeen

No, I really AM a llama

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2004, 03:32:40 PM »

Allinall--Amen!

Symphony--thanks

Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

We'll party like we're dead.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2004, 04:26:12 PM »

Yeah, I saw it. I can't say I "enjoyed" it, exactly. After all, the death of Jesus was not exactly an "enjoyable" event. But I thought Gibson conveyed his message well enough.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the