Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:11:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Christ's Church
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christ's Church  (Read 16175 times)
ollie
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2003, 08:32:10 AM »

It is through faith that one accepts the Bible as the word of God. Just as in the first century they heard these same words and believed. Today we can not only hear but read and believe.

2 Timothy 3:16.  All scripture, (Jewish scriptures at this point in time), is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
 17.  That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Scripture is given by inspiration of God therefore the word of God.
This scripture was not refered to as "a book" until it was all compiled and made "a book". The Jews had there scriptures already compiled and to it was added the testament of Jesus Christ.

Romans 15:6.  That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
There must be unity no division in Christ's church.
John the Baptist
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2003, 09:02:32 AM »

It is through faith that one accepts the Bible as the word of God. Just as in the first century they heard these same words and believed. Today we can not only hear but read and believe.

2 Timothy 3:16.  All scripture, (Jewish scriptures at this point in time),
John here: About your above remark? Cry
Is not CHRIST'S WORD ETERNAL??? And that does include ETERNITY!  *WITH NO STARTING POINT! 'Me' thinks so! Rev. 14:6 & Heb. 13:20 were not in 'print' as yet either. It is STILL FACT! Smiley

Try 1 Peter 4:17 for the 'not in print' FIRST JUDGEMENT of Israel of old! Yet, 1 Peter IS Everlasting Gospel! See Eccl. 1:9-10 & Eccl. 3:15

---John

is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
 17.  That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
This scripture was not refered to as "a book" until it was all compiled and made "a book". The Jews had there scriptures already compiled and to it was added the testament of Jesus Christ.

Romans 15:6.  That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

ollie
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2003, 11:01:06 AM »

2 Timothy 3:16.  All scripture, (Jewish scriptures at this point in time),
John here: About your above remark? Cry
Is not CHRIST'S WORD ETERNAL??? And that does include ETERNITY!  *WITH NO STARTING POINT! 'Me' thinks so! Rev. 14:6 & Heb. 13:20 were not in 'print' as yet either. It is STILL FACT! Smiley

Try 1 Peter 4:17 for the 'not in print' FIRST JUDGEMENT of Israel of old! Yet, 1 Peter IS Everlasting Gospel! See Eccl. 1:9-10 & Eccl. 3:15

---John

is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Yes, God's word through His Son Jesus Christ is eternal.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2003, 09:01:27 AM by ollie » Logged
truthlover

Behold how good and pleasant...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2003, 11:15:09 PM »

It is through faith that one accepts the Bible as the word of God.

Faith in what?  Even the Bible doesn't say it's the Word of God.  I asked you for a reference, and you answered with "it's through faith."  The Bible says Christ is the Word of God.  If you think the Bible is inspired by God, then at least listen to it and say what it says.  Christ is the Word of God, and he cannot be contained in a book.

Just as in the first century they heard these same words and believed. Today we can not only hear but read and believe.

In the first century they heard way more words than you heard and believed.  You have a very, very small portion of what Paul called the Word of God.  He mentions other letters he wrote, and he said that all the things he commanded were the Word of God, not just the ones in the few letters we have.

In Thessalonians, he says that he brought the Word of God whenever he spoke.  Those things are not all written down.  God's Word cannot be contained in a book.  Even the small percentage of his deeds that were done in the 3 year ministry of Christ would overflow many books.

The Bible says that we shall live by every Word that proceeds from the mouth of God, not a few Words that once proceeded from the mouth of God.

Christianity today is in the shambles it is, because of a lack of the Word of God, because against the Scriptures they limit the Word of God to the Scriptures.

And your comment that the Spirit of God is the Word of God is another violation of Scripture.  You use a lot of assumptions that are in conflict with the Bible to back up your view of the Bible.

There are to be no divisions in Christ's church. There is to be no participation in strife and divivisions. Many times there will be only one congregation in town.

So the person who wants to agree with what you say and do the things you say should go hunt down some rare small town in the USA, if it can be done, in which there is only one congregation so that they can avoid participating in strife and division?

The average Christian, even if he agreed with your interpretation of things, would collapse from confusion trying to carry out what you're saying, and you have no practical advice whatsoever to help them.

I know, because I've seen many so confused they eventually became a church unto themselves, just their family in their own house, with maybe a couple friends, just one more fragment, worse fragmented than even the denominations.

It doesn't have to be like that.  Do you have a suggestion for the many who believe like you but have no idea how to carry it out?  Or for the arrogant who claim to, but who end up alone, never being exhorted daily, and thus hardened by the deceitfulness of sin?

Behold!  How good and pleasant it is for brothers to live together!  ~King David of Israel
John the Baptist
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2003, 08:34:13 AM »

(removed for quote only)

you're saying, and you have no practical advice whatsoever to help them.

I know, because I've seen many so confused they eventually became a church unto themselves, just their family in their own house, with maybe a couple friends, just one more fragment, worse fragmented than even the denominations.

It doesn't have to be like that.  Do you have a suggestion for the many who believe like you but have no idea how to carry it out?  Or for the arrogant who claim to, but who end up alone, never being exhorted daily, and thus hardened by the deceitfulness of sin?

Hi Truthseeker, John here: (my emphasis added)

You have suggested that the truth is that the above are arrogrant, who end up alone, and thus hardened by the deceitfulness of sin? Or that they have no idea how to carry it out?

Friend, that is what happened to PERFECTION in all ages past!
See Eccl. 1:9-10 & Eccl. 3:15. (if one believes God's Word) But if you read your comment above, you have tossed this reformatory [hard work] out as 'wrong'? Cry (you make it even harder!)

Read Jer. 15 for starters. In verse 19 the Lord told Jere..."IF thou RETURN, then will I BRING THEE AGAIN, and thou shalt stand BEFORE ME; and [[IF]] thou take forth the PRECIOUS FROM THE VILE, thou shalt be AS MY MOUTH; let them return UNTO THEE; [BUT RETURN NOT THOU UNTO THEM]."

(sounds similar Rev. 18:4 to me!)

And verse 17? & verse 15's last part? "... Know that for thy sake I have suffered rebuke'  ?

"I sat not IN THE ASSEMBLY of the MOCKERS, nor REJOICED; I SAT ALONE because of THY HAND, FOR [THOU] HAST FILLED ME WITH INDIGNATION."

So far it might sound as you are telling us? But now read verse 16!
"Thy WORDS were found, and I DID EAT THEM; and thy Word WAS UNTO UNTO ME THE JOY AND REJOICING OF MINE HEART: FOR I AM CALLED BY THY NAME, O LORD GOD OF HOSTS." (personally friend, this is my 'desire' also!)

This is a TOUGH work for the 'servants' of God. You will be called Beezelbub (Matt. 10:25) Christ tells one! (or asked if you are on druggs, perhaps ? Wink) Yet, as you seem to understand 27-34 AD's seven year time period, maybe? you can see that this is again EXACTLY what CHRIST DID!

A new denomination came foward! Matt. 23:38's past Virgin denomination became DESOLATE of Christ, and who then took over? (try the repeat of Rev. 3:9-and you say that this is better than seperation & being with Christ??)

This took time! READ Matt. 10:5 & 6 on, for Israels 'MIDNIGHT CRY". (from Matt. 25's parable) 70 AD's loud cry slaughter came 39 yrs. in the furture. Christ & Paul told us there was to be NO MORE 39 years this time around! (it WILL be cut short in Rightousness)

OK: It is time to ORGANIZE. All that a tiny denomination of 144.000 will need is to be once again persecuted by the Mother as was seen in Sauls case. Read the Matt. 10:23's ENDING! (by the way, Christ was already there speaking!)
This IS HAPPENING now.

The increased knowledge was not given to watch ball games with! TV & Satalite will be watched in wonderment as the Virgin Mother persecute the Rev. 12:17 'Philadelphian Remnant ones' worldwide. This is what will climax the TRUTH. Both having claimed the truth in Virgin doctrine, (as in Christ's Israel of old! see Matt. 23:3) while the 'few' are being locked up & persecuted in the NAME OF CHRIST & with the same professed Belief?

Very soon, after what, 6 months, or maybe a year? We see the VERDICT. But remember that as the WORLD WAS WATCHING as they did the O.J. Simpson trial & the 'short war' just completed, the Holy Spirit is being Shed About! And the 'hell' of 's'atan is being seen day by day escalating. (little time of trouble leading up to the 7 last plagues)

It is NOW that the 'c'hristian world [unit] for their last stand! A worldwide Sunday lay. It starts with the US first. They will do anything to get out of God's JUDGEMENTS! But this is the easy one, huh? They mostly agree here anyway!

Some teach that the 144000 Philadelphains are not united into a denomination? If this is so, then I want no part with these ones either! Christ HAS AN ORGANIZED DENOMINATION AT THIS TIME OF HIS SECOND COMING! So TEACHES HIS WORD! Matt. 16:19 & Matt. 18:*15-18. And where did Christ send Saul in Acts 9:6? "MUST DO".

Remember: The WORD IS, John 10:16! Eph. 4:5! and the ENDING is Rev. 18:4! Join what??? Some 'loose canon' with NO GOSPEL ORDER? Hardly! That is what was done in heavens rebellion! Is this going to be counterfeited by satan, surely! It already is being, as seen in the Armstrongs group.
(WHAT IS NEW? God asks!)

Well friend, this is where we are at! We will 'see' how the Lord now leads? Rom. 8:14-Acts 5:32. Do you feel the burden in leading out in this ORGANIZATION?

I am in South Carolina, and am just short of 71. Another older Christian, who is an ex/ordained elder of  the Seventh-day Adventist denomination from Calif. visited us some time back & asked if I would lead out in this work? I suspect that the Master has His God fearing [young'ins] from modern Israel of old, who are somwhat like the twelve, which had the seed sown that will be quickly brought to the for/front?  Remember that two were defined by Christ as the 'sons of thunder'? And Peter & his non/converted foul mouth? And even one more huh? Saul (Paul) who did escape, if even if by the skin of his teeth. (so to speak)
But we see in one chapter that he was a killer, and in a verse or two on, he surrenders his stubborn will to Christ! This is where we are AT TODAY!

Hang in there, or [do] as the Holy Spirit LEADS YOU!

---John

PS: By the way, there is plenty of working space in the Carolinas! We even have several seperates country ac.'s.    

ollie
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2003, 09:08:38 AM »

Faith in what?  Even the Bible doesn't say it's the Word of God.  I asked you for a reference, and you answered with "it's through faith."  The Bible says Christ is the Word of God.  If you think the Bible is inspired by God, then at least listen to it and say what it says.  Christ is the Word of God, and he cannot be contained in a book.

Just as in the first century they heard these same words and believed. Today we can not only hear but read and believe.

In the first century they heard way more words than you heard and believed.  You have a very, very small portion of what Paul called the Word of God.  He mentions other letters he wrote, and he said that all the things he commanded were the Word of God, not just the ones in the few letters we have.

In Thessalonians, he says that he brought the Word of God whenever he spoke.  Those things are not all written down.  God's Word cannot be contained in a book.  Even the small percentage of his deeds that were done in the 3 year ministry of Christ would overflow many books.

The Bible says that we shall live by every Word that proceeds from the mouth of God, not a few Words that once proceeded from the mouth of God.

Christianity today is in the shambles it is, because of a lack of the Word of God, because against the Scriptures they limit the Word of God to the Scriptures.

And your comment that the Spirit of God is the Word of God is another violation of Scripture.  You use a lot of assumptions that are in conflict with the Bible to back up your view of the Bible.

There are to be no divisions in Christ's church. There is to be no participation in strife and divivisions. Many times there will be only one congregation in town.

So the person who wants to agree with what you say and do the things you say should go hunt down some rare small town in the USA, if it can be done, in which there is only one congregation so that they can avoid participating in strife and division?

The average Christian, even if he agreed with your interpretation of things, would collapse from confusion trying to carry out what you're saying, and you have no practical advice whatsoever to help them.

Christ is revealed through God's word to us and what we must do to receive Him and that is sufficient. Nothing else is needed. God has revealed in His word all that is necessary for worship, praise, prayer, SALVATION, REDEMPTION, how to receive the Holy Spirit, His love toward us through Jesus Christ, etc., etc. The word of God is complete for the man of God to be thoroughly furnished unto the works of God.

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today, and always eternally!

What has God left out that man needs?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2003, 09:32:15 AM by ollie » Logged
John the Baptist
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2003, 01:17:19 PM »

Truth seeker,
I agree with you that Ollie's [POSTS} are empty, and contain Heb. 5's milk!
---John

(removed for quote only)

you're saying, and you have no practical advice whatsoever to help them.

Hi Truthseeker, John here: (my emphasis added)

You have suggested that the truth is that the above are arrogrant, who end up alone, and thus hardened by the deceitfulness of sin? Or that they have no idea how to carry it out?

Friend, that is what happened to PERFECTION in all ages past!
See Eccl. 1:9-10 & Eccl. 3:15. (if one believes God's Word) But if you read your comment above, you have tossed this reformatory [hard work] out as 'wrong'? Cry (you make it even harder!)

Read Jer. 15 for starters. In verse 19 the Lord told Jere..."IF thou RETURN, then will I BRING THEE AGAIN, and thou shalt stand BEFORE ME; and [[IF]] thou take forth the PRECIOUS FROM THE VILE, thou shalt be AS MY MOUTH; let them return UNTO THEE; [BUT RETURN NOT THOU UNTO THEM]."

(sounds similar Rev. 18:4 to me!)

And verse 17? & verse 15's last part? "... Know that for thy sake I have suffered rebuke'  ?

"I sat not IN THE ASSEMBLY of the MOCKERS, nor REJOICED; I SAT ALONE because of THY HAND, FOR [THOU] HAST FILLED ME WITH INDIGNATION."

So far it might sound as you are telling us? But now read verse 16!
"Thy WORDS were found, and I DID EAT THEM; and thy Word WAS UNTO UNTO ME THE JOY AND REJOICING OF MINE HEART: FOR I AM CALLED BY THY NAME, O LORD GOD OF HOSTS." (personally friend, this is my 'desire' also!)

This is a TOUGH work for the 'servants' of God. You will be called Beezelbub (Matt. 10:25) Christ tells one! (or asked if you are on druggs, perhaps ? Wink) Yet, as you seem to understand 27-34 AD's seven year time period, maybe? you can see that this is again EXACTLY what CHRIST DID!

A new denomination came foward! Matt. 23:38's past Virgin denomination became DESOLATE of Christ, and who then took over? (try the repeat of Rev. 3:9-and you say that this is better than seperation & being with Christ??)

This took time! READ Matt. 10:5 & 6 on, for Israels 'MIDNIGHT CRY". (from Matt. 25's parable) 70 AD's loud cry slaughter came 39 yrs. in the furture. Christ & Paul told us there was to be NO MORE 39 years this time around! (it WILL be cut short in Rightousness)

OK: It is time to ORGANIZE. All that a tiny denomination of 144.000 will need is to be once again persecuted by the Mother as was seen in Sauls case. Read the Matt. 10:23's ENDING! (by the way, Christ was already there speaking!)
This IS HAPPENING now.

The increased knowledge was not given to watch ball games with! TV & Satalite will be watched in wonderment as the Virgin Mother persecute the Rev. 12:17 'Philadelphian Remnant ones' worldwide. This is what will climax the TRUTH. Both having claimed the truth in Virgin doctrine, (as in Christ's Israel of old! see Matt. 23:3) while the 'few' are being locked up & persecuted in the NAME OF CHRIST & with the same professed Belief?

Very soon, after what, 6 months, or maybe a year? We see the VERDICT. But remember that as the WORLD WAS WATCHING as they did the O.J. Simpson trial & the 'short war' just completed, the Holy Spirit is being Shed About! And the 'hell' of 's'atan is being seen day by day escalating. (little time of trouble leading up to the 7 last plagues)

It is NOW that the 'c'hristian world [unit] for their last stand! A worldwide Sunday lay. It starts with the US first. They will do anything to get out of God's JUDGEMENTS! But this is the easy one, huh? They mostly agree here anyway!

Some teach that the 144000 Philadelphains are not united into a denomination? If this is so, then I want no part with these ones either! Christ HAS AN ORGANIZED DENOMINATION AT THIS TIME OF HIS SECOND COMING! So TEACHES HIS WORD! Matt. 16:19 & Matt. 18:*15-18. And where did Christ send Saul in Acts 9:6? "MUST DO".

Remember: The WORD IS, John 10:16! Eph. 4:5! and the ENDING is Rev. 18:4! Join what??? Some 'loose canon' with NO GOSPEL ORDER? Hardly! That is what was done in heavens rebellion! Is this going to be counterfeited by satan, surely! It already is being, as seen in the Armstrongs group.
(WHAT IS NEW? God asks!)

Well friend, this is where we are at! We will 'see' how the Lord now leads? Rom. 8:14-Acts 5:32. Do you feel the burden in leading out in this ORGANIZATION?

I am in South Carolina, and am just short of 71. Another older Christian, who is an ex/ordained elder of  the Seventh-day Adventist denomination from Calif. visited us some time back & asked if I would lead out in this work? I suspect that the Master has His God fearing [young'ins] from modern Israel of old, who are somwhat like the twelve, which had the seed sown that will be quickly brought to the for/front?  Remember that two were defined by Christ as the 'sons of thunder'? And Peter & his non/converted foul mouth? And even one more huh? Saul (Paul) who did escape, if even if by the skin of his teeth. (so to speak)
But we see in one chapter that he was a killer, and in a verse or two on, he surrenders his stubborn will to Christ! This is where we are AT TODAY!

Hang in there, or [do] as the Holy Spirit LEADS YOU!

---John

PS: By the way, there is plenty of working space in the Carolinas! We even have several seperates country ac.'s.    

ollie
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2003, 02:05:38 PM »

The Lord only built one church - Ephesians 4:4-6.

Ephesians 4:1.  I Therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
 2.  With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
 3.  Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
 4.  There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
 5.  One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
 6.  One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Romans 12:4.  For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:
 5.  So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

Ephesians 1:22.  And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
 23.  Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

The church is the Lord's body and there is only one, and not many churches with many different denominated names of men, but of God and His Christ.  Christ is the head of His church! One is added to that church by God such as should be saved. Acts 2:36-47.

There is not any salvation in any other church but Christ's.

mardis

Visit the churches of Christ - Romans 16:16.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2003, 02:30:28 PM »

I agree whole heartedly Ollie!  There is only one church for which Jesus died (Acts 20:28; Acts 2:47; Romans 16:16; Ephesians 4:4-6; 1 Cor. 12:13).

John 20:31, "But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name."

2 Timothy 3:16-17, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17   That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works."

Online Bible Studies at www.pagestoyou.com.
truthlover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2003, 03:11:49 PM »

Mardis,

That's great that you believe wholeheartedly with Ollie.  Let me ask you the same question I asked him.  How does a person become part of that church?  I don't mean spiritually be saved and join it.  I mean be able to partake of its fellowship, its daily exhortation, its calling nothing its own and sharing everything, its joy, its assemblies?

One can go participate in a division, picking the best division one can find, but Gal 5:19-21 suggests that divisions, schisms, and factions are works of the flesh.  How exactly does one meet with the one church.  Where is it, as in WHAT IS ITS ADDRESS?

Behold!  How good and pleasant it is for brothers to live together!  ~King David of Israel
truthlover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2003, 04:27:21 PM »

No, I'm saying that I've met lots of people who wish there was only one church, and who are horrified by the division they see around them, and they haven't a clue what to do about it.  I have also seen others who are arrogant enough to be confident of their own conclusions, even though they are all by themselves, offending everyone they meet.

What I have not met is anyone who can actually say, I am in the one church, and I am meeting with it, except for a couple denominations (Boston Church of Christ and Church of God in Christ Mennonite) that are so full of rules that its obvious they are not united in spirit, only in doctrine, and that unity is simply enforced; it's not a unity from God that would cause the world to believe (as Jesus prayed for in John 17:20-23).

I mentioned it, because Ollie's advice is so general that I could produce thousands and thousands of people who have followed it, but I can produce none who are now meeting with the one church as a result of following that advice.

As far as what you say, you have presented an agenda you seem awful confident of.  Do the faithful really know where God is leading or do they just follow?

I am not alone.  I am a part of the church in my town, gathered in one place, united in love, owned and led by God.  I don't mind hearing more from you about what is happening where you are, but I can't say your words inspire confidence in me.

In the end, though, one must see the life of a gathered people to be able to see if they are just one more doctrinal split of the harlot or a people who really know God and are being led by God.

Oh, that there were many, but I cannot find them!

mardis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2003, 04:25:59 PM »

Mardis,

That's great that you believe wholeheartedly with Ollie.  Let me ask you the same question I asked him.  How does a person become part of that church?  I don't mean spiritually be saved and join it.  I mean be able to partake of its fellowship, its daily exhortation, its calling nothing its own and sharing everything, its joy, its assemblies?

One can go participate in a division, picking the best division one can find, but Gal 5:19-21 suggests that divisions, schisms, and factions are works of the flesh.  How exactly does one meet with the one church.  Where is it, as in WHAT IS ITS ADDRESS?

Truthlover, I am not sure I understand what you are asking.  What I do understand is that when one is saved (through belief - John 8:24; repentance - Luke 13:3-5; confession of faith - Romans 10:9-10 & Acts 8:35-38; and through being baptized to be saved - Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38; Romans 6:3-4) a person is then a part of the church - Acts 2:38-47.

We can know what the church that the saved are added to is like by searching the scriptures.

For example:
The church honors Christ and not man in her name - Romans 16:16; Acts 20:28.
The church teaches the word of God and not the commands of men in her doctrine - 2 John 9-11; Galatians 1.
The church worships as the word of God directs - John 4:24; Acts 2:42.

Of course, there are many other characteristics of the Lord's church given in the Bible.  However, these were listed simply to illustrate that we can know what the church is to be in worship, doctrine, benovolence, etc.  There are churches of Christ in many states across America and in other countries as well.

If you are interested in locating one than we can go from there.

Thanks,
Mardis

mardis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2003, 11:37:10 PM »

To all readers:

I have not read every post in this thread of Christ's church.  I do want it to be known that I agreed with Ollie's expression that there is only one church.  This does not necessarily mean endorsement of any other post by Ollie or any other person.  I believe the information I gave on how I agreed with Ollie on there being only one church explains what I mean and I hope this helps somehow.  Contact me at www.pagestoyou.com for more information.

ollie
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2003, 02:58:54 PM »

Truth seeker,
I agree with you that Ollie's [POSTS} are empty, and contain Heb. 5's milk!
---John

Milk is not emptiness to babes in Christ. Nor should it be to mature Christians. Babes feed on the milk and learn of Christ and come to Him. Mature Christians are to feed, (teach), the milk, The Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Thanks for your admonishment and edification.

The church is one in Christ!
Ollie
« Last Edit: June 24, 2003, 03:02:06 PM by ollie » Logged
truthlover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2003, 04:17:01 PM »

Christ is revealed through God's word to us and what we must do to receive Him and that is sufficient. Nothing else is needed. God has revealed in His word all that is necessary for worship, praise, prayer, SALVATION, REDEMPTION, how to receive the Holy Spirit, His love toward us through Jesus Christ, etc., etc. The word of God is complete for the man of God to be thoroughly furnished unto the works of God.

Christ IS God's Word.  Everything you have said here is true, except that when you say God's Word, you mean the Scriptures, and when the Scriptures say God's Word, they mean Christ, unless they are referring to a portion of God's Word or one of God's Words.  When they refer to "God's Word," they mean Christ, and you do not.  That is the problem.

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today, and always eternally!

Right, according to the Scriptures, he was God's Word in the very beginning; it is only modern Christians who have replaced him with the Bible.  It's an understandable mistake, considering the corruptness of the traditions handed down, but it's not understandable that you and others won't repent of the mistake.

According to Paul, Christ in us (by his Spirit), is the hope of glory and the riches of the mystery of the Gospel.  To most of modern Christianity, that is just a saying, nothing they get to experienc.

Christ in the believers, being the Word of God, not usurped by the Bible, can still unite his disciples, just as he prayed for from God, and create that wonderful, joyous life we read about in Acts.  It's a shame modern Christians are satisfied with a few book readings and a couple meetings a week.

What has God left out that man needs?

Nothing.  But what has man left out that God needs for him to obey?  The Word of God.  It has been replaced by the Bible, which most surely does not even have all the Scriptures in it.

[qs]To Mardis[/qs]

Mardis--I was fine with what you said about one church, but there's one big problem with what you said:

Of course, there are many other characteristics of the Lord's church given in the Bible.  However, these were listed simply to illustrate that we can know what the church is to be in worship, doctrine, benovolence, etc.  There are churches of Christ in many states across America and in other countries as well.

Really?  There are?  How astonishing, since I've asked hundreds of people for a town where all all the Christians are united and meeting together as one people in Christ, and no one has been able to point out even one to me.

Are there churches all over where if a brother is in need, he moves in with his fellow church members, and not with his parents?  Are there churches all over where no one says anything is his own, but shares everything with his brothers and sisters?  Are there churches where the saints are closer to their spiritual family than they are to their natural family?

That is what I'm talking and asking about.  Anything less proves Christ false, since he prayed that the world would know he was sent from God by his disciples having a unity as great as the unity he has with his Father (Jn 17:20-23).  If that isn't happening, why should anyone believe him?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the