Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 05:39:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286811 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  where in the bible can you find information about ...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: where in the bible can you find information about ...  (Read 3106 times)
BUTCHA

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2004, 10:41:00 PM »

JESUS, MOTHER MARY'S SEED LINE/ BLOOD LINE YOU CAN FOLLOW JOESEPHS, BUT CAN YOU FIND INFO. ON MARYS Undecided
tqpix

I'm a Christian!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2004, 01:05:01 AM »

I read somewhere on the net that Luke is actually describing the genealogy of Mary.  Sure, Luke writes down Joseph's name, but he's just following the old Hebrew tradition of only listing men.  Thus, when it says Joseph, it's actually referring to Mary.
AJ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2004, 01:17:21 AM »

Sorry had to delete my post Grin too much for some perhaps Wink

i need to remain humble

Praise God and God bless
Sower

Romans 8:31-39

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2004, 01:46:46 AM »

JESUS, MOTHER MARY'S SEED LINE/ BLOOD LINE YOU CAN FOLLOW JOESEPHS, BUT CAN YOU FIND INFO. ON MARYS Undecided

The genealogy of Christ in the Gospel of Matthew traces Joseph's ancestry back to David through Solomon. The genealogy of Christ in the Gospel of Luke traces the ancestry of Mary back to David through Nathan, another son of David.

However, because genealogy in Scripture is always through the father, we read in Luke "Jesus...as was supposed the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli" (Lk. 3:23).  

It does not say that "Heli begat Joseph" but that "Joseph was the son of Heli".  Joseph could be "the son of Heli", his father-in-law only in the sense that the son-in-law was to all intents and purposes "a son" to Heli, because he was married to Mary.

Often in Scripture "son" can be interpreted as literal "son" or as a metaphorical son, or descendent of someone.  Here "son" should be interpreted as "son-in-law" since in Matthew we read that "Jacob BEGAT Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus..." (Mt. 1:16).

Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father, and Jesus Christ our Lord. 1 Timothy 1:2
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2004, 10:11:27 PM »

I LEARNED SOMETHING ABOUT 20 YEARS OR SO AGO , AND IM HAVEING A HARD TIME REMEMBERRING ALL THE FACTS . SO THE REASON I ASKED THE QUISTION , IS I THOUGHT IT MIGHT LEED ME TO , WHAT I WAS THINKING.
HERE IT GOES , THAT IN SCRIPTURE IT WAS PREDICTED THAT THE SON OF GOD WOULD COME THROUGH THE SEED OR BLOOD LINE OF DAVID , OR A EARLIER ANCESTER, SORRY I HAVE A POOR MEMORY, ANYHOW THE DEVIL TRYED TO CORRUPT THE BLOOD LINE AND HE THOUGHT HE DID IF YOU FOLLOW IT THROUGH JOSEPH. BUT IF YOU FOLLOW IT THROUGH MARY IT IS NOT CORRUPTED SOMEHOW , CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT IN THE HEAVENS IM TALKING ABOUT. Undecided
Sower

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2004, 05:43:40 PM »

ANYHOW THE DEVIL TRYED TO CORRUPT THE BLOOD LINE AND HE THOUGHT HE DID IF YOU FOLLOW IT THROUGH JOSEPH. BUT IF YOU FOLLOW IT THROUGH MARY IT IS NOT CORRUPTED SOMEHOW , CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT IN THE HEAVENS IM TALKING ABOUT.

Butcha:

There is nothing in Scripture that teaches what you have stated . Both the genealogies lead to David and then back to Abraham. This is why Christ is both " the Seed of David" (Rom. 1:3). "the Seed of Abraham" (Gal. 3:16) and "the Seed of the Woman" (Gen. 3:15 cf. Gal. 4:4:4).

Satan knew that "the seed of the Woman" would eventually destroy him, so he sought to destroy that Seed again and again by inciting other nations to slaughter the Jews or their babies. We see this at the time Moses was born, when the Jews were in Persia, and when Christ was born in Bethlehem. There were many other attempts to destroy the nation of Israel through whom Messiah would come. Satan apparently believed that he could thwart God, so great was [and is] his conceit.

Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father, and Jesus Christ our Lord. 1 Timothy 1:2
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2004, 08:24:19 PM »

thanks for the reply so they both traced back to david , they must of split some where right? or they would have been to close and would have been none relitives . mary & joeseph that is. so do you know where that split took place.  Smiley
Sower

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2004, 11:08:31 PM »

thanks for the reply so they both traced back to david , they must of split some where right? or they would have been to close and would have been none relitives . mary & joeseph that is. so do you know where that split took place.  Smiley

David had four sons from Bathsheba (Bathshua) (1 Chronicles 3:5), one of whom was Solomon, the ancestor of Joseph, (Matthew 1:6) and one was Nathan, the ancestor of Mary, (Luke 3:31).

The royal line was through Solomon, not Nathan, therefore Joseph, the descendant of David and Solomon, is shown in both genealogies, but in Mary's he is "the son of Heli" in a metaphorical sense.  So in one sense they were closely related, but in another they were not, since the two blood lines diverged and there was no intermarriage.

BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2004, 06:49:12 PM »

Sower
got it thanks brother
Nickolai

Eastern Orthodoxy is Awesome

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2004, 12:27:08 AM »

It's in Luke.

Luke wrote his Gospel in the perspective of Mary since they were very close.  She was a mother to him.  
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2004, 09:56:53 PM »

Nickolai
thank you

butcha Cheesy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the