Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:30:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  More school stuff for Tibby
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: More school stuff for Tibby  (Read 1168 times)
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« on: March 23, 2004, 03:47:20 PM »

I just need a pick me up, guys. My walk has been better then ever, and I’m making lots of Christians friends (My town is a few minutes from Garden Valley, so we get the Teen Mania overflow). But my school has really got me down. English isn’t the greatest. The Prof as come out and said:

“I love your writings, you could be a pro some day, but your grammar is so bad, there is NO way I can pass you with a good conscience unless it improves.”

And it was to improve greatly, I need to make As on my next 2 essays to pass the class! I cannot drop it, because I have exactly 13 hours, which is what my scholarship requires.

Bio lab is doing sucky, too. Dissecting Cats and sharks. And I am by no means a Bio major. And I have a HUGE test tomorrow, that I HAVE to pass, or I'm dead!

My other classes are great, but if I fail these 2 classes, that is $2000 more dollars coming out my own pocket next semester! I'm not TO terribly worried, I just would like to not have to pull out loans! Nor would I like to have to take Bio lab over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Angry I've seen enough dead cat guts to last me a lifetime! Next time I see cat gut, it better me on my guitar!

I also need guidance. Until now, I’ve always known I would be bi-vocational, but I think God is calling me full time into the Priesthood!! I am thinking about joining up with the Chaplin’s Corp in the military, and becoming a career officer, but I don’t know. I need guidance. I need prayer. So, guys, do your thing!

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2004, 08:14:38 PM »

"...for whatever is not of faith is sin." --Romans 14:23;

"...the just shall live by his faith."--Habakkuk 2:4;

"...for we walk by faith, not by sight." II Corinthians 5:7   

Smiley
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2004, 09:39:51 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Tibby,

I will be praying for you. I hope you are praying regularly for guidance and strength to do God's will. Place your burdens at the feet of Jesus, pray, and try to walk in the path HE gives you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2004, 12:40:44 AM »

Thanks guys. Smiley

Corpus
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2004, 08:37:22 AM »

Tibby,

I too shall pray for you. If you feel a calling to the priesthood, follow up on it and discern whether it's truly for you. I would just caution you not to 'fall' into it because you're struggling with other things. You probably already know this but I'll say it anyway. The priesthood isn't for those who can't succeed elsewhere. It must be a calling.

May the Holy Spirit guide your discernment,
Corpus
LMarsh

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2004, 10:56:03 AM »

God Bless you Tibby! I'll be praying for you!
I couldn't do what your doing!  God has big plans for you!
Amen
LMarsh
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2004, 08:45:32 PM »

Corpus said:  If you feel a calling to the priesthood, follow up on it and discern whether it's truly for you.

Symphony said:      Roll Eyes

(Hint:  We're all priests(or should be,  Roll Eyes)--in Jesus:    "But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood...God's own people, that you may declare the wonderful deeds of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light...."  I Peter 2:9)

Huh
Corpus
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2004, 10:04:22 AM »

Some years ago, I coordinated a youth group outing to our local food pantry. The man who ran it was an absolutely wonderful and caring retired minister who, after seeing the need of poor people in the area decided he cared not for the divisions that separated the more than 12 different denominations in the small town, only that he could bring them together to help those in town who were requesting help. He worked diligently to convince them all to come together for a common cause. It was no easy task as he pointed out to me one time. Convincing Calvinists, Baptists, Pentecostals, Catholics, Presbyterians, Methodists, etc.. to agree that helping the poor was a worthwhile cause was easy. Convincing them to do it with the church down the street was another matter. In the end however he succeeded, and the end result was that the people who needed help, got help and didn't get caught in the crossfire of interdenominational squabbles.

I don't suppose I truly appreciated his efforts until the last time I saw him. Our youth group had just finished another outing servicing his pantry, and the two of us got to talking about things. Now at that time, my father was hospitalized and in the last days of his life. It was a very difficult period for my family, and I was simply explaining the 'details' of his condition and prognosis to the minister. I asked for his prayers, and he told me he would comply.

The next evening, as I went to the hospital to visit my dad, my brother who had been there earlier in the day explained that a man had been in earlier, said he knew me, and asked permission to pray over my father (he was unconscious). My brother agreed and this man spoke a most beautiful and heartfelt prayer for my dad. The man of course was the retired minister from the food pantry. Coming into a highly  emotional situation that also presented denominational unknowns I'm sure was not his idea of an afternoon picnic, but he did it regardless. It took courage and compassion, but also reflected wisdom and experience. In the midst of someone suffering a crisis, he simply showed love, and I'll never forget what that meant to my family. What an insightful and wonderful man.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2004, 04:01:54 PM »

(Hint:  We're all priests(or should be,  Roll Eyes)--in Jesus:    "But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood...God's own people, that you may declare the wonderful deeds of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light...."  I Peter 2:9)

Huh

Gee, thank you captain odious! Ya think? I mean, that is only the topic of A MILLION sermons every year! Grin

Let me clear up a little confusion.

The word “Priest" when referring to the church is a different word from the word Priest that we use to describe Pastors.

The Word Priest when talking about all of us comes from the old testaments word, meaning “one who sacrifices.”  We are all that priest hood.

The word priest in reference to what I become comes from presbuteros, the greek word for elder, and is translated as “elder“ in the bible. Over the years, presbuteros took on several different changes, but it kept changing 3-4 times till it because “Priest”

2 totally different words, that, over the years, became the same word in English.

Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2004, 04:05:59 PM »

Bio lab is doing sucky, too. Dissecting Cats and sharks. And I am by no means a Bio major. And I have a HUGE test tomorrow, that I HAVE to pass, or I'm dead!

...then we'll dissect you, and see what it is that makes Tibby tick... Cheesy j/k

Keeping you in prayer, Chris! It sounds pretty tough where you're at right now!

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2004, 04:46:02 PM »

There are a few member I wouldn't mind disecting. Actually, I droping lab. Today was the last drop date, so I did it.  Grin 10 hours, and tibby is loving it Grin

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the