Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:12:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  For those who risk their lives for children
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: For those who risk their lives for children  (Read 880 times)
Corpus
« on: March 23, 2004, 08:39:27 AM »

The following relates the horrors occurring in Mozambique. I've since learned that government attempts are being made to discredit the sisters. Pray that they may remain steadfast in their defense of the most innocent.

Silence Surrounds Missing Kids in Mozambique
Religious Raised the Alarm About Organ Trafficking

NAMPULA, Mozambique, MARCH 10, 2004 (Zenit.org).- The Comboni Sisters of Mozambique are making an appeal "to break the silence" surrounding the disappearance of children who are believed to be victims of organ traffickers.

The appeal was made by the provincial superior of the 60 women religious, Sister Angelina Zenti, and was reported by Femmis, the Internet site of the Comboni Missionary Sisters.

The appeal says that, after the Feb. 21 murder of Lutheran missionary Doraci Edinger, there has been a heavy silence and an air of intimidation in Nampula.

The threats are linked to the uncovering an organ-trafficking network, as reported from Spain in early February. Five women religious working in Mozambique received death threats after uncovering the organ-trafficking scheme, which kidnaps and kills children and youths.

The religious -- four from Spain and one from Brazil -- have been missionaries in the Nampula area of this southeastern African nation for 30 years. According to a report they wrote, they have escaped four ambush attacks, after having reported to the local authorities the "kidnappings and multiple killings of persons, many times children, victims of an organ trafficking network."

The report, revealed by the Spanish Catholic agency Veritas and seen by ZENIT, was corroborated by a missionary.

The women religious could gather information about the grisly trade since their convent is located between the property where the victims were taken, and the airport where the organs were flown out at night.

Since October 2002, dozens of area children and youths, especially street children, have disappeared mysteriously. Despite complaints to the local authorities, no legal proceedings have started.
ZE04031007
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2004, 09:27:22 PM »

Hello Corpus,

Thanks for telling us about this. I will definitely be praying for the innocent children around the world and those who give of themselves to care for them. There are numerous missionaries in my family trying to make a difference. Some of them have spent their entire lives in dangerous places, and some are just starting their young lives in the same effort.

We need a regular reminder to pray. Many Americans have no idea how difficult it is in many parts of the world to get food, medicine, and just stay alive. I give thanks for those who dedicate their lives in trying to make a difference. Daily prayer from all of us is critical. God does hear our prayers.

Love In Christ,
Tom

LMarsh

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2004, 10:43:51 AM »

Aye, I agree with Blackeyedpeas. The heads up is most appreciated.  I will be praying for the Sisters, children and local government in Mozambique (sp?).
God Bless,
LMarsh
DovesWings

Where will you spend eternity? smoking or Non?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2004, 06:35:05 AM »

Wow...thanks for posting that b/c I didn't know.

I will be praying for all of the children, women and sisters....

God bless!

"For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says Do not fear, I will help you." Isaiah 41:13

In the dark?  Follow the Son!!!
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2004, 04:01:18 PM »

Oh dear! That is absolutely unbelievable, yet I know it happens...I just don't understand...

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the