Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:15:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286766 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Are You Lost?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are You Lost?  (Read 2436 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2004, 03:55:22 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

ARE YOU LOST? - Part 1

This is a little mini-study on John 5:24. I rely 99% of the time on the King James Version of the Holy Bible, but I occasionally like to use comparisons from the Amplified Bible. John 5:24 is a particularly beautiful Scripture that speaks volumes about our Salvation in Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour. This is also a Gospel message to those who may be lost.

King James Version
John 5:24  Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

The Amplified Bible
John 5:24  I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, the person whose ears are open to My words [who listens to My message] and believes and trusts in and clings to and relies on Him Who sent Me has (possesses now) eternal life. And he does not come into judgment [does not incur sentence of judgment, will not come under condemnation], but he has already passed over out of death into life.

Key words from the King James Version:

G281 - (KJV - Verily)
Of Hebrew origin [H543]; properly firm, that is, (figuratively) trustworthy; adverbially surely (often as interjection so be it): - amen, verily.
Strong's Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries

G191 - (KJV - heareth)
A primary verb; to hear (in various senses): - give (in the) audience (of), come (to the ears), ([shall]) hear (-er, -ken), be noised, be reported, understand.

G4100 - (KJV - believeth)
From G4102; to have faith (in, upon, or with respect to, a person or thing), that is, credit; by implication to entrust (especially one’s spiritual well being to Christ): - believe (-r), commit (to trust), put in trust with.

G166 - (everlasting)
From G165; perpetual (also used of past time, or past and future as well): - eternal, for ever, everlasting, world (began).

G2920 - (condemnation)
(Subjectively or objectively, for or against); by extension a tribunal; by implication justice (specifically divine law): - accusation, condemnation, damnation, judgment.

G3327 - (passed)
From G3326 and the base of G939; to change place: - depart, go, pass, remove.

Compare:

John 3:36  He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Romans 8:1  There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

1 Thessalonians 5:9  For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

1 John 5:12  He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
1 John 5:13  These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Ephesians 2:1  And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Revelation 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

1 John 5:20  And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Romans 10:17  So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Continued

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2004, 04:00:05 AM »

ARE YOU LOST? - Part 2

Man is born into a natural state of sin and death. The cure for this eternal problem is Romans 10:17, hearing the Word of God, believing in the Gospel of God's Grace, and having faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour. Hearing the Gospel of God's Grace is beautiful. Faith in Jesus Christ and asking HIM to be your Lord and Saviour is the most precious result of hearing the Gospel. The natural man of sin and death is "born again" as a child of God and passed (translated, quickened) from death to eternal life in Jesus Christ.

Some who are reading this may be lost. The penalty for sin is death, not just the death of this physical body, but condemnation and judgement to hell for eternity.  Jesus Christ was crucified on the cross for our sins, and HE wants you to believe in HIM and ask HIM to be your Lord and Saviour. You will never be able to pay for the sin and evil you have done, but JESUS ALREADY HAS! If you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, HIS blood that HE shed on the cross will wash away all your sins. Trusting and accepting Jesus Christ will change your citizenship to Heaven as a child of God forever. Jesus Christ did suffer and die for you, but HE arose from the dead and is a LIVING LORD AND SAVIOUR. If you will accept HIM, you will also arise from the dead. Yes, you are dead in trespasses and sin, but Jesus wants to rescue you from your path of eternal destruction. Isn't it far past time for you to get on your knees, confess your sins, ask for forgiveness, and ask Jesus Christ to come into your heart as your personal Lord and Saviour?

Ephesians 2:1  And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
Ephesians 2:2  Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Ephesians 2:3  Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
Ephesians 2:4  But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Ephesians 2:5  Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
Ephesians 2:6  And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
Ephesians 2:7  That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
Ephesians 2:8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Ephesians 2:9  Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Ephesians 2:10  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

John 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:17  For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
John 3:18  He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Romans 10:8  But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Romans 10:9  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Romans 10:10  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

John 1:12  But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
John 1:13  Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
John 1:14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Romans 8:10  And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Romans 8:11  But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Romans 8:35  Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
Romans 8:36  As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
Romans 8:37  Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
Romans 8:38  For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Romans 8:39  Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Jesus Christ loves you so much that he gave HIMSELF for you on the cross in your stead. Jesus wants you to love HIM and ask HIM to be your LORD AND SAVIOUR FOREVER. Friend, it must be from your heart. If it is, get on your knees now and ask Jesus to come into your heart as your LORD AND SAVIOUR FOREVER.

Love In Christ,
Tom

The Crusader
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2004, 05:54:31 AM »

ARE YOU LOST?

Good Study Tom

My Answer Is NO!
AJ

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2004, 10:12:06 PM »

Praise the Lord

Thats the way its done Tom...great study Grin

And no here also

Thank God  Grin
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2004, 12:33:44 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to AJ and The Crusader,

Thanks Brothers.

I've been studying Bible prophecy just about every waking moment for the last weeks. I'm almost convinced we are seeing a preview of the end times. I felt a leading to stop and write something that might help those who still walk in darkness decide to seek Jesus.

I also feel a leading to witness. I pray that God will give HIS children many opportunities to witness. Tomorrow, next month, or next year may be too late.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2004, 02:28:14 PM »

Amen Tom!  And I know Whom I have believed... Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2004, 10:40:32 PM »

I'm almost convinced we are seeing a preview of the end times.

Brother BEP, sir - I'm not "almost convinced", I AM convinced!  (In fact, I've been convinced since the book "Late Great Planet Earth" by Hal Lindsey back in 1973.)

But, Brother Tom - I have to admit I'm guilty of impatience.  

Thank you for your posts Brother!  Now I can be even MORE impatient!  Grin

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Reba
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2004, 11:30:22 PM »

Jugde wasnt the the one where  he said 88 was the last year?? or was it 77  or  7 years after the  6 day war or was that  40 years ( a generation) after 1948 opps plus 7 hmmm Grin
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2004, 11:40:39 PM »

Reba -
Yep - Brother Hal thought it would be '88 (or '84?).  But I still like him.  Smiley
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/archives.asp?AUTHOR_ID=12

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2004, 04:58:00 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

Brothers and Sisters, CAUGHT UP TOGETHER in the sky, forever to be with our LORD AND SAVIOUR.

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the