Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:33:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286802 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Why did Christ say God loves mankind more than other spiritual creatures?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why did Christ say God loves mankind more than other spiritual creatures?  (Read 2651 times)
rlfulgham

Richard Lee Fulgham, MA,

View Profile WWW
« on: March 20, 2004, 11:42:50 PM »

It is so typical of me to post in the wrong place.  But I did -- forgive me, I am just arrived here.  Here is the post in the correct place.  I wouldn't bother you kind people but this question has haunted me all me life because I love Nature so much, and mankind -- sigh -- so little.
(First post:) New bee in the hive?  Am I a drone or a worker here?  Or, as in real life, must I go my way and avoid the company of others?  No matter -- I come to ask a question of the academics and truest of the Christians . . . .  It is my belief -- embedded in the marrow of my bones -- that all material things, including animate bodies, are made of sunlight and sunlight is the energy of God pulsating throughout the Universe.  If so, then how could Christ say to his disciples that God loves them more than sparrows?  Would spirit not be spirit, however manifested?  I wrote a book about it when I was a professor of literature at St. Catharine College in Kentucky -- my reward was being cast out, no contract renewal, black-listed from teaching at any college.  I am now a paraeducator at school for profoundly retarded children -- penance and, at least, doing some good in the world.  But my question, my fellow Christians, is this: are we equal in God's eyes with all spirtual creatures, including animals and retarded children?  Or does He love us more, we sentient beings who so love him?  Can anyone tell me?  I remain yours in Christ and most respectfully, Richard Fulgham, rlfulgham@hotmail.com.  

My youth was devoute, though I suffered from agoraphobia and for that reason spent most of my time wandering alone in the woods, trying to understand what everyone told me was beyond understanding.  I am now 56.  I now understand.  Christ be with you. Richard Fulgham. Job: teach  retarded children.
Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2004, 08:31:00 AM »

......that all material things, including animate bodies, are made of sunlight and sunlight is the energy of God pulsating throughout the Universe.  If so, then how could Christ say to his disciples that God loves them more than sparrows? ............... But my question, my fellow Christians, is this: are we equal in God's eyes with all spirtual creatures, including animals and retarded children?  Or does He love us more, we sentient beings who so love him?

Genesis 1:26,27 " Then God said, " Let us make people in our image, to be life ourselves.  They will be masters over all life-the fish in the sea, the brids in the sky, and all the livestock, wild animals, and small animals. So God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself; male and female he created them."

Genesis 1:28-30 "God blessed them and told them, " Multiply and fill the earth and subdue it.  Me masters over the fish and birds and all the animals" And God said, " Look! I have given you the seed-bearing plante throughtout the earth and all the fruit trees for your food. And I have given all the grasses and other green plants to the animals and brids for their food." And so it was.

God loves us more then the animals and we are ever special to Him! He loves all people the same doesn't matter if you are retarded or not, all the same.  He might favor people more.

......that all material things, including animate bodies, are made of sunlight and sunlight is the energy of God pulsating throughout the Universe.
erm.. Undecided Where did you get that? We aren't made of sunlight and God is more powerfull then the sun.

We are made of dust.

Genesis 2:7 "And the Lord God formed a man's body from the dust of the ground and breathed into it the breath of life. And the man became a living person."

The sun is used to control the day.

Genesis 1:16 " For God made two great lights, the sun and the moon, to shine down upon the earth.  The greater one, the sun, presides during the day; the lesser one, the moon, presides through the night."

« Last Edit: March 21, 2004, 08:54:37 AM by Kris777 » Logged

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Jesus is our first, last and only hope.  Without Him we would be nothing.
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2004, 11:10:30 AM »

Luke 3:4.  As it is written in the book of the words of Esaias the prophet, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
 5.  Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth;
 6.  And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.

The flesh that is the kind of men is being infered to in this verse if taken with the context of other verses.

1 Corinthians 15:39.  All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.

Therefore: This flesh mentioned in the next quoted verse is also of the kind of men.

Acts 2:17.  And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

God does not saith it will happen to sparrows.

Why you ask? Because God said and saw that it was good. His will be done. Prepare you His way as He has revealed in His word.

Genesis 1:24.  And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
 25.  And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
 26.  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
 27.  So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
 28.  And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

He is the creator of the created and His will be done towards it and by it.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2004, 11:12:12 AM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2004, 11:48:28 AM »

Hi rlfulgham - and WELCOME!

other spiritual creatures
Please define what another "spiritual creature" is?  It is my understanding that only mankind is spiritual.

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Sower

Romans 8:31-39

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2004, 01:34:49 AM »

But my question, my fellow Christians, is this: are we equal in God's eyes with all spirtual creatures, including animals and retarded children?  Or does He love us more, we sentient beings who so love him?  Can anyone tell me?  

Welcome rlfulgham:

The only "spiritual" creatures that God created are angels and human beings, which includes children, whether retarded or not. Animals do not have spirits according to Scripture, but humans are tripartite -- body, soul and spirit.

Are humans and animals equal? No. Man was created to have "dominion" or to rule over all other creatures, but lost his privileges through the Fall. Nonetheless, that fact is still evident in that man has tamed many creatures for his own use.

As to God loving us "more" -- that is something which is not revealed either. However, God loves mankind with a love that is beyond measure, and that should be the real issue. We cannot ruly understand how much God loves us until we see the Saviour on the Cross being "made sin for us".

Are men and angels "equal"? No. Angels are have far greater capabilities than men, their home being in Heaven.  However, God did not choose to redeem fallen angels, but He choose to redeem the fallen human race. In fact, His redemption goes beyond simply delivering us from Hell. He chose His redeemed saints to become exactly like the Lord Jesus Christ, and gave them eternal privileges -- the saints are to be "a chosen generation, A ROYAL PRIESTHOOD".  This reveals God infinite grace to His creature man.

Both men and angels are capable of loving and worshipping God, and this will be our primary occupation and pre-occupation in eternity (Rev. 21:22), even while God has intimate communion and fellowship with His redeemed saints (Rev. 21:3).

This subject cannot be adequately covered in any post.

Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father, and Jesus Christ our Lord. 1 Timothy 1:2
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the