Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:29:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286802 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Four Horsemen
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Four Horsemen  (Read 3421 times)
tony350

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2004, 09:22:34 AM »

When the Tribulation period is spoken of, reference is to all the seven years of Daniel 9:27. The Great Tribulation covers only the last three and a half years of the period. The first six seals occur during the first half of Daniel's Seventieth week. They are the beginning of sorrows Mt 24:8. The first four seals are broken in connection with the four living creatures, but it is the Lamb who has the power and Authority to break the seals. As he does so, more of the contents of the scroll are brought into view.

1   And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.
2   And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

The rider on the white horse has been identified with Christ (Ch 19), or even a false Christ. To identify the rider as any specific person is not in keeping with the interpretation of the other horses, which symbolize conditions and not individuals. This rider and horse refer to the attempts of many to bring in permanent peace ( I Thess 5:3). It is verifiable from many times in the past, and especially in this century, that before some of the greatest conflicts between nations, there have been powerful attempts at man-made peace. In this passage horses speak of the powerful providential actions connected with the government of the earth. Speed is also a factor (Zech 1,6). White speaks of victory and triumph, a bloodless victory for the moment.

3   And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.
4   And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

This second beast or living creature is connected with the breaking of the second seal. Unquestionably, this seal speaks of war, bloodshed. There went out another horse that was red. Man's attemps at world peace has failed miserably and carnage is the result Mt 24:6-7. The great sword indicates wars ravages will be let loose on a universal scale throughtout the earth.

5   And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.

The rider on the black horse is holding a symbol of commerce. Too, when there is abundance, there is no minute weighting of common articles of food (Ezk 4:10, 16). Worldwide war is followed by worldwide famine (Mt 24:7), becouse the soil is abused and men are not free to work as necessary.

6   And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

The scarcity of the time is underscored by the inflated price of necessities. One mans measure of wheat will take a days wage; three measures of barley ( the food for cattle and horses) can be bought for a days wage. These are starvation  conditions. Wheat and Barley are necessities of life, but why the mention of Oil and the wine? The are luxuries (Ps 104:15; Ptov 21:17) for the rich. The wealthy will apparently will not be touched at first, but ultimately thy will under go suffering as well.

7   And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.
8   And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

The pale horse clearly speaks of death by pestilence and plague. Death is the place of the body of the departed and is synonymous with the grave; hell is the abode of the departed spirit (Ezk 14:21; see Mt 24 for the same order as in the horses. Notice that one-forth of the earth is involved.
The Crusader
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 04:27:30 AM »

Millions believe they will be "raptured" away to heaven before having to give any personal witness. Many thousands believe they will be whisked away to a "place of safety," so they will not have to be involved in God's great work during the horrendous times of the "Great Tribulation."

Thats me, I am a Bible Believer Grin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the