Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:26:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  ChristiansUnite and Announcements
| |-+  ChristiansUnite and Announcements (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Patriot Post 6-7-2019
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Patriot Post 6-7-2019  (Read 359 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: July 04, 2019, 05:30:22 PM »

The Patriot Post® · Mid-Day Digest

Jun. 7, 2019

https://patriotpost.us/digests/63510-mid-day-digest

THE FOUNDATION

“There can be no greater error than to expect, or calculate upon real favours from Nation to Nation. ‘Tis an illusion which experience must cure, which a just pride ought to discard.” —George Washington (1796)

https://patriotpost.us/fqd/63509-founders-quote-daily

IN TODAY’S EDITION

The cost/benefit of Trump’s Mexico tariff threat.1
    Dems hide behind “decorum” to attack Trump. He hits back.2
    Daily Features: More Analysis3, Columnists4, Headlines5, Opinion in Brief6, Short Cuts7, Memes8, and Cartoons9.

IN BRIEF

Mexico Blinks Over Trump’s Tariff Threat10

President Donald Trump’s threat to raise tariffs11 against all Mexican imports if that government doesn’t act to stop the flow of Central American migrants to the U.S. border appears to be working. On Thursday, Mexican officials offered a big concession, promising to immediately deploy 6,000 National Guard troops to Mexico’s southern border with Guatemala. Furthermore, Mexico froze the bank accounts of 26 individuals for allegedly participating “in migrant smuggling and the organization of illegal migrant caravans.” Still, no deal has yet been reached and the tariff start date of Monday the 10th remains.

Mexico also reportedly agreed to significantly overhaul asylum protocols so as to require applicants to take permanent refuge in the first safe country in which they arrive. Should this asylum overhaul go into effect it would, in theory, stem the flow of migrant caravans through Mexico. Any migrant requesting asylum in the U.S. whose country of origin was south of Mexico would be sent to the closest country of refuge adjacent to their homeland.

Vice President Mike Pence noted the progress, stating, “There has been movement on [Mexico’s] part. It’s been encouraging. The discussions are going to continue in the days ahead.” However, Pence made it clear that Trump has the final say.

As the border crisis only intensifies12, May saw more than 132,000 migrants detained after illegally crossing the border. U.S. Customs and Border Protection is overwhelmed, overworked, undermanned, and bursting at the seams with migrant detainees. With Democrats unwilling to act in any manner to help end the crisis — instead passing an amnesty bill in the House this week — Trump is left to wield one of the few effective tools he has to deal with the problem: tariffs.

While many Republicans and conservatives are rightly concerned over the economic impact of Trump’s tariffs, one question few seem willing to address or even acknowledge is the greater and arguably longer-term economic impact upon the American worker that illegal immigration creates. Clearly, the free market is the best system — so long as everyone is playing by the same rules. Illegal immigration undercuts these rules, cheating American workers and taxpayers. Rectifying such problems is never easy or painless.

Trump’s nationalism is not negative but virtuous in that he recognizes that his primary job is to protect and promote the welfare of Americans above all other nations. This is not an “us against them” message as the Leftmedia fallaciously claims. Rather it is more the attitude of a father prioritizing the needs of his own children over those of others. It is what any nation should expect and demand from its leaders. Democrats object because theirs is a commitment to globalism over nationalism.

https://patriotpost.us/articles/63502-mexico-blinks-over-trumps-tariff-threat

Dems Hide Behind 'Decorum,’ Trump Smashes It13

While President Donald Trump was visiting America’s European allies in large part to memorialize the 75th anniversary of the D-Day invasion14, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi let leak her expressed desire: “I don’t want to see [President Trump] impeached; I want to see him in prison.” As she has done in the past, it was a setup for the media15 to bait Trump. It worked.

Speaking with Fox News’s Laura Ingraham from Normandy — with the American cemetery in the background — Trump slammed Pelosi. “I think she’s a disgrace. I actually don’t think she’s a talented person. I’ve tried to be nice to her because I would have liked to have gotten some deals done,” he said, continuing, “She’s incapable of doing deals. She’s a nasty, vindictive, horrible person.”

He wasn’t done, pointing accurately to the Hillary Clinton-supporting Democrats who composed Mueller’s team and asserting, “The Mueller report came out [and] it was a disaster for them. … He made such a fool out of himself.” Then he leveled both barrels against Pelosi: “But Nancy Pelosi, I call her ‘Nervous Nancy.’ … Nancy Pelosi’s a disaster, OK? She’s a disaster and let her do what she wants. … I think they’re in big trouble.”

As for her “in prison” comment, Trump added, “It was a horrible, nasty, vicious statement while I’m overseas. … She is a terrible person and I’ll tell you her name — it’s ‘Nervous Nancy’ because she’s a nervous wreck.”

How did Pelosi respond? “I don’t talk about the president while I’m out of the country,” she haughtily pronounced. “That’s my principle.” No, her principle is that the speaker of the House can declare while the president is overseas that she wants to “see him in prison” and then retreat behind decorum when she’s overseas.

Earlier yesterday, Trump gave a memorable and beautiful D-Day speech16 that even his political opponents applauded. Would we have preferred that Trump hold his tongue in the later interview and observe decorum at such a hallowed site? Absolutely.

But then again, what has decorum gotten previous Republican presidents? Democrats will call Republicans horrible things no matter the timing or venue. Trump punches back twice as hard, which is why he emerged victorious from a crowded Republican presidential field.

Footnote: Former Secretary of State John Kerry, who really should be in prison for treasonously collaborating17 with the North Vietnamese while in France, likewise used the cemetery at Normandy to take a veiled shot at Trump because “facts are being erased from the public dialogue” and for the rise of “elements of fascism.” He, like Pelosi, hid behind decorum, saying, “This is not a place to talk about Democrat or Republican or anything political.” While Democrats politicize everything at the same time as they claim the high ground, Trump wants nothing to do with phony pretenses.

https://patriotpost.us/articles/63500-dems-hide-behind-decorum-trump-smashes-it

ON OUR WEBSITE TODAY

Featured Analysis: Rush to Subvert Electoral College Hits Roadblock18 — Democrats in Maine and Nevada decline to join the National Popular Vote initiative.
    Is ‘Fauxcahontas’ Becoming a Faux Trump?19 — Some are comparing Elizabeth Warren’s populism with Donald Trump’s.
    NPR: Don’t Call a Baby a Baby20 — Public radio seeks to obscure the fact that a human fetus is an unborn baby.
    Grassroots Perspective: D-Day Reflections21 — If we forget how this terrible worldwide tragedy happened, we may be doomed to repeat it.
    Video: ‘Gay Pride’ — Let’s Talk About It22 — You know you live in a great country when “oppressed” people have big, colorful parades.
    Video: Meryl Streep Rejects ‘Toxic Masculinity’ Term23 — She notes that “women can be pretty f-ing toxic too.” Is this a watershed moment?

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 05:31:35 PM »

TOP NEWS EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

SOUR JOBS REPORT: “Job creation decelerated strongly in May, with nonfarm payrolls up by just 75,000 even as the unemployment rate remained at a 50-year low, the Labor Department reported Friday. … In addition to the weak total for May, the previous two months’ reports saw substantial downward revisions.” (CNBC25)
    TSA MALFEASANCE: “The federal agency tasked with overseeing security at transportation hubs has been violating its own policy by allowing migrants who have been released from federal custody onto flights despite not having required documents, according to several Department of Homeland Security officials.” (Washington Examiner26)
    ISIS TARGETS BORDER: “A chilling confession from a captured ISIS fighter has shed light on how the terrorist group intended to exploit the vulnerabilities of the U.S. border with Mexico, using English speakers and westerners to take advantage of smuggling routes and target financial institutions.” (Fox News27)
    IRAN THREAT: “The top commander of U.S. forces in the Middle East says he believes the Iranians or their proxies may orchestrate an attack at any moment.” (NBC News28)
    OMAR’S IMPROPRIETY: “Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., repeatedly violated state rules when she used campaign funds to pay for personal out-of-state travel as well as help on her tax returns and must reimburse her former campaign committee nearly $3,500, Minnesota campaign finance officials ruled Thursday.” (Fox News29)
    SUCCUMBING TO ABORTION MAFIA: “After two days of intense criticism, Joseph R. Biden Jr. reversed himself Thursday night on one of the issues most important to Democratic voters, saying he no longer supports a measure that bans federal funding for most abortions.” (The New York Times30)
    RELIGIOUS-FREEDOM ATTACK: “Religious freedom suffered another setback this week when the Washington Supreme Court ruled on Thursday against a Christian florist who refused to service a same-sex wedding on religious grounds.” (The Daily Wire31)
    SCHOOL SAFETY IN TEXAS: “Texas Governor Greg Abbott signed a law Thursday allowing more teachers to carry firearms and expands mental health services for students in the wake of the mass shooting last year at a high school near Houston.” (National Review32)
    GOOD CALL: “Federal regulators voted Thursday to give phone companies the right to block unwanted calls without getting customers’ permission first.” (The Associated Press33)
    POLICY: Trump’s UK visit was a glowing success (The Daily Signal34)
    POLICY: The no-nuke ‘80s creep back (American Enterprise Institute35)
    HUMOR: “A new 2020 election poll is out and it shows that 87 percent of people polled feel that polling people this early in the election process is meaningless and 17 percent say if the pollster doesn’t leave them alone they are going to bounce him down the street like a basketball.” (The Daily Wire36)

For more of today’s editors’ choice headlines, visit In Our Sights37.

The Patriot Post is a certified ad-free news service, unlike third-party commercial news sites linked on this page, which may also require a paid subscription.

https://patriotpost.us/articles/63501-friday-top-news-executive-summary

OPINION IN BRIEF

Michael Reagan: “This was a week when all Americans should have been united in celebrating two of our historic victories in World War II and the brave young soldiers and sailors who made them possible. … America had thousands of great heroes in the Pacific and in Europe during World War II, but we’ve done a terrible job of celebrating success stories like D-Day. We’ve also done a lousy job of teaching our kids the extraordinary things we did to defeat the twin evils of fascism and communism. I don’t ever want to run into another 28-year-old American man — as I once did — who didn’t know why there is a cemetery filled with thousands of American soldiers on the coast of France. I also don’t ever want to talk to another young American standing where the Berlin Wall once was and have him tell me that the United States put up the wall to keep the Communists out of their sector.”

SHORT CUTS

Insight: “Statism is a system of institutionalized violence and perpetual civil war. It leaves men no choice but to fight to seize political power — to rob or be robbed, to kill or be killed. … Statism survives by looting; a free country survives by production.” —Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Friendly fire: “I have to tell you, as a liberal Democrat, I’m appalled at Nancy Pelosi. The idea of her weaponizing the criminal justice system — and calling for the imprisonment of the president of the United States without him being charged with any crime, without him being charged with any impeachable offense — it’s just outrageous. You can’t just target a president and say, ‘We want to see him in prison,’ without producing evidence.” —Alan Dershowitz

Non compos mentis: “There are individuals in this city who have returned from prison who cannot find a job, who are not educated. In those instances those individuals are forced to commit violent acts.” —Dallas Police Chief Renee Hall explaining the increase of violent crime under her watch

That ship has sailed: “I hope that you … stand up for a gun-free society.” —Rep. Lucy McBath

Alpha Jackass I: “It’s the anniversary of D-Day, when we beat the Nazis, once and for — until very recently. Pretty good run, you gotta say, pretty good run — 75 years.” —Stephen Colbert

Alpha Jackass II: “Thank you so much to all of the brave World War II veterans. You made enormous sacrifices to defeat some very fine people on both sides.” —Trevor Noah

Flip-flopper: “I can no longer support an amendment that makes that right dependent on someone’s ZIP code.” —Joe Biden acquiescing to Hyde Amendment haters

D'oh! “I am told explicitly that it is Joe Biden himself who says. ‘This is my conviction and I’m not changing it. This is how I have felt and this is how I have voted for my four decades in public service, and I’m not changing, despite the fact that the party clearly has changed.’” —CNN’s Dana Bash

Braying Jackass: “Bravo to @JoeBiden for doing the right thing and reversing his longstanding support for the Hyde Amendment. It takes courage to admit when you’re wrong, especially when those decisions affect millions of people. Now do the Iraq War.” —Rep. Seth Moulton

And last… “Joe Biden held the same position on the Hyde Amendment for 46 years. He flipped on it in 24 hours of fringe leftists attacking him.” —The Daily Wire’s Harry Khachatrian

https://patriotpost.us/articles/63499-friday-short-cuts

Join our editors and staff in daily prayer for our Patriots in uniform — Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines, and Coast Guardsmen — standing in harm’s way in defense of Liberty, and for their families. We also humbly ask prayer for your Patriot team, that our mission would seed and encourage the spirit of Liberty in the hearts and minds of our countrymen.

Semper Vigilans Fortis Paratus et Fidelis

Nate Jackson, Managing Editor
Mark Alexander, Publisher

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the