Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:02:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286807 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  2nd Coming: January 2011
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2nd Coming: January 2011  (Read 22277 times)
Raphu

Sojourner

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 06, 2003, 08:26:07 PM »

I believe that the 70th week  ended with New Israel's nationhood in 1948, and mid-week was 685AD-705AD. 536BC would be the decree of Cyrus to return to the land.

Daniel 9:27  And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Some believe a generation to be 40 years, but that would already be wrong. Threescore and ten - 70 years would be the nuber I would lean towards.

That was an interesting web-site. I will see if it makes any significant differences in the calculations I gave. Mine are not meant to be accurate to day - only to the approximate year.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2003, 08:30:45 PM by Raphu » Logged

Hosea 11:10  They shall walk after the LORD: he shall roar like a lion: when he shall roar, then the children shall tremble from the west.
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 07, 2003, 03:51:45 AM »

I believe that the 70th week  ended with New Israel's nationhood in 1948, and mid-week was 685AD-705AD. 536BC would be the decree of Cyrus to return to the land.

Daniel 9:27  And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Some believe a generation to be 40 years, but that would already be wrong. Threescore and ten - 70 years would be the nuber I would lean towards.

That was an interesting web-site. I will see if it makes any significant differences in the calculations I gave. Mine are not meant to be accurate to day - only to the approximate year.

Kool

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: July 07, 2003, 02:33:41 PM »

Countdown on hold Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Durango

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 07, 2003, 02:56:45 PM »

I considered debating this issue with two bombs, however I decided it would be an incredible waste of time.  Seems many before me have tried to set him straight but it has all been for naught, and now the thread continues to be a waste of webspace.

Just my humble opinion.

Durango

[bold]“God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say "thank you"?
-William Arthur Ward[/bold]
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 08, 2003, 04:54:04 AM »

I considered debating this issue with two bombs, however I decided it would be an incredible waste of time.  Seems many before me have tried to set him straight but it has all been for naught, and now the thread continues to be a waste of webspace.

Just my humble opinion.

Durango

Smiley

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 14, 2003, 05:38:47 AM »

Sometime in the next hundred years twobombs says he is going to kick A4C butt. Smiley

A4C are you going to have a COUNTDOWN for this Brother?  Smiley

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: July 14, 2003, 03:29:08 PM »

Sometime in the next hundred years twobombs says he is going to kick A4C butt. Smiley

Brother Love Smiley

No Countdown Bro  Grin

I believe the fight would consist of two hits, I will hit him(twobombs) and he will hit the floor. Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2003, 05:03:43 AM »

Brother Love Smiley

No Countdown Bro  Grin

I believe the fight would consist of two hits, I will hit him(twobombs) and he will hit the floor. Grin

The good old ONE, TWO Smiley

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2003, 04:23:07 PM »

Brother Love Smiley

No Countdown Bro  Grin

Brother Love Smiley

It will not be a COUNTDOWN Grin
It will be a COUNTOUT Grin
10 Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 16, 2003, 04:05:29 AM »

Brother Love Smiley

No Countdown Bro  Grin

Brother Love Smiley

10 Grin

LOL Smiley 10 Your Out Smiley

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: July 16, 2003, 02:08:59 PM »

Brother Love Smiley

No Countdown Bro  Grin

Brother Love Smiley

10 Grin

LOL Smiley 10 Your Out Smiley

Brother Love Smiley

Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 18, 2003, 04:58:41 AM »

Has twobombs left the earth? Have we been left behind?

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: July 18, 2003, 01:03:06 PM »

Has twobombs left the earth? Have we been left behind?

Brother Love Smiley

This is a recording.............You Have Been Left Behind Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 18, 2003, 02:22:54 PM »

Hi,
     Jumping in hope you all don't mind. I read thru the first page and found the descussion interesting. Please forgive me if I have repeated anyone. I post somewhere on this big board that we have to keep watch when I "OUR" end times could. The crossing the street and bus analogy......anyway I found a scritpture that point this out. We most defiantly can't be counting days, moons, stars or what ever. Isa 49:8 referrs to this as well..... 2 Cor. 6:2 "In an acceptable time I have heard you, and the day of slavation I have helped you." Behold now is the accepted time, behold, now is the day of salvation......     So what I am saying NOW is the time to get yourself ready. We can't count days, or try to measure the mind of God, and what his time table is.  So maybe by some happen chances you know the Lord is coming Aug 1, but you die July 29, and your getting ready day was July 30  oops.
      I've also read in many boards like this that the raptrue or the gathering of people is a "new" teaching, it came to be in the 18 century. I believe the word rapture did come about then, but the meaning in not new. Compare "rapture-to gather together" from the teaching of Ephrem of Nisiblis (AD.306-373) who wrote......(judge for yourself please). Why therefore do we not reject every care of earthly actions and prepare ourselves for the meeting of the Lord Christ, so that he many draw us from the confusion which overwhelms all the World?....All the saints and elect of God are gathered together before the Tribulations, which is to come, and are taken to the Lord, in order that they may not see anytime the confusion which overwhelms the world because of our sins...... (taken from my dayly devotion site found at, Http://leftbehind.com/channeldevotional.asp).
       This isn't a new teaching, but one thats been here since Paul spoke of it in the Holy Scritpures 2 Thes 2.

musicllover
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: July 18, 2003, 03:05:20 PM »

Hi,
     Jumping in hope you all don't mind. I read thru the first page and found the descussion interesting. Please forgive me if I have repeated anyone. I post somewhere on this big board that we have to keep watch when I "OUR" end times could. The crossing the street and bus analogy......anyway I found a scritpture that point this out. We most defiantly can't be counting days, moons, stars or what ever. Isa 49:8 referrs to this as well..... 2 Cor. 6:2 "In an acceptable time I have heard you, and the day of slavation I have helped you." Behold now is the accepted time, behold, now is the day of salvation......     So what I am saying NOW is the time to get yourself ready. We can't count days, or try to measure the mind of God, and what his time table is.  So maybe by some happen chances you know the Lord is coming Aug 1, but you die July 29, and your getting ready day was July 30  oops.
      I've also read in many boards like this that the raptrue or the gathering of people is a "new" teaching, it came to be in the 18 century. I believe the word rapture did come about then, but the meaning in not new. Compare "rapture-to gather together" from the teaching of Ephrem of Nisiblis (AD.306-373) who wrote......(judge for yourself please). Why therefore do we not reject every care of earthly actions and prepare ourselves for the meeting of the Lord Christ, so that he many draw us from the confusion which overwhelms all the World?....All the saints and elect of God are gathered together before the Tribulations, which is to come, and are taken to the Lord, in order that they may not see anytime the confusion which overwhelms the world because of our sins...... (taken from my dayly devotion site found at, Http://leftbehind.com/channeldevotional.asp).
       This isn't a new teaching, but one thats been here since Paul spoke of it in the Holy Scritpures 2 Thes 2.

Thanks musicllover I will check out the web-page

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the