Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:26:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Note on “Our God and Father” Post
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Note on “Our God and Father” Post  (Read 709 times)
Netchaplain

Christ Himself lives His life in us!

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2013, 09:20:38 AM »

The love of God is the same for His people (Old Testament) and for His children (New Testament).  The difference is in the relationship.  Prior to the coming of Christ individuals were known only as the people of God (Jud 20:2; 2 Sam 14:13; Heb 11:25) but now, believers are not only people of God (Heb 4:9; 2 Pet 2:10) but also “sons (and daughters) of God.”  This is why the phrase “the children of God” is not used in Scripture prior to Christ and is first used by the Lord Jesus in Matthew 5:9. 

"I ascend unto My Father, and your Father; and to My God, and your God" (John 20:17).

-NC

The Christian life is not our living a life like Christ, or our trying to be Christ-like, nor is it Christ giving us the power to live a life like His; but it is Christ Himself living His own life through us; 'no longer I, but Christ.'"
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 08:43:01 AM »

Brother, I must disagree with the statements in the above post. The concept of God as The Father and Israel as His children is indeed in the Old Testament as is seen by just a few of the verses that tell us this that I have posted below. The difference between the Old and New Testament in the New Testament it is said that we become the "children of God" through the "adoption of children" and now "are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus." This is also why we see the verses on the grafting of the vine.

Exo 4:22  And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:

Deu 32:6  Do ye thus requite the LORD, O foolish people and unwise? is not he thy father that hath bought thee? hath he not made thee, and established thee?

Isa 63:16  Doubtless thou art our father, though Abraham be ignorant of us, and Israel acknowledge us not: thou, O LORD, art our father, our redeemer; thy name is from everlasting.

Isa 64:8  But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

Jer 31:9  They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn.

Hos 11:1  When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Netchaplain

Christ Himself lives His life in us!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 10:41:37 AM »

Thanks Brother for your reply.  I understand your point and my additional note attempts to clarify the concept of the thread.

God Be blessed

The Christian life is not our living a life like Christ, or our trying to be Christ-like, nor is it Christ giving us the power to live a life like His; but it is Christ Himself living His own life through us; 'no longer I, but Christ.'"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the