Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:14:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Some things to think about
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Some things to think about  (Read 2167 times)
boof

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2004, 01:57:14 PM »

I've been thinking about this for a while, and with the release of the Mel Gibson movie "The Passion" I thought I should say something. Maybe I am naive, but here goes.
As a christian I will never understand anti-semitism. I'm sure there are none on this forum but if there are here are a few points to consider:
1. The Jews didn't kill Jesus, the Romans did.
2. If you are a true christian you believe that Jesus died to save your soul.
3. If you believe that (as you should) then you should be grateful to, not hate the Jews or anyone else.. because if Jesus didn't die on the cross, then he wouldn't have been ressurected on Easter Sunday and hence our faith would NOT exist.
4 Correct me if I'm wrong but Jesus Christ was of the Jewish faith himself, and a very religious one. As were all the appostles and Mary his mother.
5 Finally if you believe, as I do, that Jesus is alive in all of us, then there shouldn't be anyone to blame for his death, because he isn't dead at all!

I don't know, as I said before maybe I am naive, but all those points seem to make sence to me, so if you are an anti-semite or go to see the movie and start blaming the Jews for Jesus death.. just remember these few points and think about it!

Pilgrim

Jesus is Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2004, 06:45:15 PM »

Mat 27:17 “Therefore when they were gathered together, Pilate said unto them, Whom will ye that I release unto you? Barabbas, or Jesus which is called Christ? 18  For he knew that for envy they had delivered him. 19  When he was set down on the judgment seat, his wife sent unto him, saying, Have thou nothing to do with that just man: for I have suffered many things this day in a dream because of him. 20  But the chief priests and elders persuaded the multitude that they should ask Barabbas, and destroy Jesus. 21  The governor answered and said unto them, Whether of the twain will ye that I release unto you? They said, Barabbas. 22  Pilate saith unto them, What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ? They all say unto him, Let him be crucified. 23  And the governor said, Why, what evil hath he done? But they cried out the more, saying, Let him be crucified. 24  When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it. 25  Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and on our children. 26  Then released he Barabbas unto them: and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered him to be crucified.”

Act 2:36 “Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.”

Act 3:12 “And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk? 13  The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go. 14  But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you; 15  And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.”

Act 4:8 “Then Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost, said unto them, Ye rulers of the people, and elders of Israel, 9  If we this day be examined of the good deed done to the impotent man, by what means he is made whole; 10  Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.”

Act 4:25 “Who by the mouth of thy servant David hast said, Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things? 26  The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ. 27  For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together, 28  For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.”

Act 5:27 “And when they had brought them, they set them before the council: and the high priest asked them, 28  Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us. 29  Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men. 30  The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree. 31  Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins. 32  And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him. 33  When they heard that, they were cut to the heart, and took counsel to slay them.”

Saint Pilgrim

New Life Bible Chapel
http://www.nlbchapel.org
tqpix

I'm a Christian!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2004, 06:47:06 PM »

I've been thinking about this for a while, and with the release of the Mel Gibson movie "The Passion" I thought I should say something. Maybe I am naive, but here goes.
As a christian I will never understand anti-semitism. I'm sure there are none on this forum but if there are here are a few points to consider:
2. If you are a true christian you believe that Jesus died to save your soul.
3. If you believe that (as you should) then you should be grateful to, not hate the Jews or anyone else.. because if Jesus didn't die on the cross, then he wouldn't have been ressurected on Easter Sunday and hence our faith would NOT exist.
4 Correct me if I'm wrong but Jesus Christ was of the Jewish faith himself, and a very religious one. As were all the appostles and Mary his mother.
5 Finally if you believe, as I do, that Jesus is alive in all of us, then there shouldn't be anyone to blame for his death, because he isn't dead at all!

I don't know, as I said before maybe I am naive, but all those points seem to make sence to me, so if you are an anti-semite or go to see the movie and start blaming the Jews for Jesus death.. just remember these few points and think about it!

Bravo, well said.

I've always held the belief that the Jewish people weren't responsible for the death of Jesus, but rather, (jokingly) the Italians--the Romans to be more specific.

But, after reading your post, you are right--no one is to be blamed.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2004, 06:49:17 PM by tqpix » Logged
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2004, 10:48:51 PM »

Every man and woman, from Adam and Eve to the last earthly people living who commit sin, are responsible for Christ's death.

Every last one of us; Hebrew, Roman, Germanic, Goth, Asian, Norse, Indian, Eskimo, Spanish, American, African, Australian, Canadian, Russian, Islander, Crazy, Sane, Woman, Man, Child, Lost and Saved - every last one of us, without exception, are resonsible for Christ Crucified because he loves us each and everyone of us, past and present and future, equally.

Amen.

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2004, 07:31:41 AM »

First and formost Christians are to love one another and all men as much as is possible. This is done through, with and in Jesus Christ. Hate for people and individuals is not a fruit of the Spirit.

The crucifiction of Jesus was according to God's purpose. His will be done.

Support your local Christian.
Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2004, 09:50:09 AM »

Ditto

First and formost Christians are to love one another and all men as much as is possible. This is done through, with and in Jesus Christ. Hate for people and individuals is not a fruit of the Spirit.

I heartily agree.

Gracey

†† Guided by God ††
halfgospel

Why can't I preach? Find out why....?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2004, 01:43:04 AM »

hi boof,

nice post. i like it.

the problem in the forums, is the same problem that we have in the church, and that is, that not everyone that goes to church is Christian. They are not all there for the same reason that you and I may go.?

To enlighten you a bit more pay our website a visit. There you will find some interesting information about what is currently going on and how to discern between certian faiths that claim to be christian.

Thanks for your post.
Yours in Christ,
Halfgospel

www.davidandgoliathministries.org
Where Christ is not stripped of his Deity.
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2004, 11:22:41 AM »

Amen! God killed Jesus (1 John 3:16) Through the Jews (1 Co. 2:Cool To cut the bondage of sin (Romans 6:17). The price was paid for everyone; spiritually, we're all guilty of Christ's death. (Historically it was the Jews; though, of course, at the time they were under the Roman government to at least a certain extent.)

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Nickolai

Eastern Orthodoxy is Awesome

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2004, 03:31:07 PM »

Amen! God killed Jesus (1 John 3:16) Through the Jews (1 Co. 2:Cool To cut the bondage of sin (Romans 6:17). The price was paid for everyone; spiritually, we're all guilty of Christ's death. (Historically it was the Jews; though, of course, at the time they were under the Roman government to at least a certain extent.)

This kind of thinking is why I don't understand western Theology anymore.  And why so many Atheists hate Christianity.  Think of what you just said and what it implies.  You are saying that God (Father in this context) loves us so much, But is a blood thirsty God that needs someone to Die because humanity chose the wrong path in the Garden of Eden.  He doesn't care who it is.  That's what your statement implies.

Christ died FOR us, not BECAUSE of us.  He died because he loves us, not because we killed him.  To think the later would imply that we have control over God and what happens to Him in order to acomplish personal gain.  

The Truth is that Christ's sacrifice is more than his death on the Cross anyway.  His entire life was his sacrifice.  His living out of God's will was his sacrifice.  He died a sinless man and was sent to Hades (Sheol), where all souls went when they died.  But since he was God and sinless Man he broke the chains that bound the captive rightious ones.  And when he ressurected on the third day he defeated death.  Later he went to heaven and is now in the place of Honor at the right hand of the Father.  Forever glorifying our Humanity.  Because Christ Jesus did what no other Man was Able to do.  To live the way God's will says we should.  By doing good works with Faith and while all the time glorifying God.  

Christos Anesti! Alithos Anesti  
« Last Edit: April 12, 2004, 03:32:49 PM by Nickolai » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the