Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:51:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Do not arm the enemy
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do not arm the enemy  (Read 1914 times)
episkopos

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2013, 11:16:58 PM »

I remember asking my father to remove some weapons he had in prepared to defend himself against bandits. Once he had a sharpened machete under his bed. Another time he had an axe. Then later on he was given a handgun by his company.

Scary and nightmarish thoughts came to my mind. Will he be able to use these weapons to defend himself? Will he be disarmed and his weapon used against him? My conclusion is that he could easily equip his attacker by giving the person a free weapon!

Spiritually, we have an adversary, the devil. His primary purpose is to steal, kill and destroy. In the warfare against the enemy, we are to be on the offensive. When you go on the offensive, one thing to do is disarm the devil or his agents. You have to know how to defeat the enemy. I have read a book on this topic called "How to defeat your enemy in prayer." I am going to read it again.

"No man can enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house"(Mark 3:27)

Unfortunately, many a time we are rather on the defensive. In fact sometimes by our ways, we actually arm the devil against. Let me show you one weapon we fashion against ourselves. We hand the devil the weapon to use against us. We actually allow him to an advantage over us.

"To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it , for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ; Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices". (2 Corinthians 2:10-11)

Do not aid the enemy, learn to forgive. I have been so helped by a book "forgiveness made easy"

Whatever it may cost you forgive people.

One advantage is that you receive forgiveness from the Lord.

Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven (Luke 6:37)

Secondly you do not arm the enemy against yourself!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 08:20:06 AM »

Just as that gun and axe are tools to overcome an adversary, God also gives us tools to defend ourselves with.

Eph 6:13  Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Eph 6:14  Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
Eph 6:15  And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Eph 6:16  Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
Eph 6:17  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Eph 6:18  Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the