Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:54:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Faithfulness
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Faithfulness  (Read 804 times)
njuttabi

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2012, 01:38:11 PM »

Introduction

To begin with, this is a very huge and very sensitive topic on its own when it comes to perfecting your life as a Christian. I will suggest you don’t just try to read it through and FINISH it in one day. Read it slowly; make your own notes for later reference. God expects man to have his attributes, and faithfulness is one of those that are very important. Not that it is more important than God’s other attributes but not only does God ONLY send faithful men  2 Timothy 2:1 ‘’And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.’’, but also faithfulness is a decision made by us. And remember the Word means (the Bible) means nothing until you accept it, which means being faithful and trusting God’s Word. God’s faithfulness is the same unto all generation. What most people have not understand is that, the fact that they don’t believe in God (His Word), does not stop him from being faithful to his Word to those that believe. 2 Timothy ‘’If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.’’

Definition

Faithfulness is commitment with purpose (God’s purpose, that all might come to his true knowledge of LOVE) of positive distinction.

Synonyms

Loyalty, Observance of duty, Commitment, Attachment, Dedication, Devotion, Stet fastness, Fidelity, Allegiance, Dependable.

Faithfulness of God

Deuteronomy 7:9 ‘’Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations.’’

Psalms 36:5 ‘’Thy mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens; and thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds.’’

Psalms 119:90 ‘’Thy faithfulness is unto all generations: thou hast established the earth, and it abideth.’’

1 Corinthians  ‘’There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.’’ Amen

1 Thessalonians ‘’Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.’’

2 Thessalonians 3:3 ‘’ But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.’’

Faithfulness of Jesus Christ

Hebrews 3:1-2 ‘’Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus; Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house.’’

Hebrews 2:17 ‘’Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.’’

John 4:34 ‘’Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.’’

Revelation 1:5 ‘’And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood…’’

Revelation 3:14 ‘’And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God…’’

Fruits Of The Spirit

Galatians 5: 22-23 ‘’But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.’’

God intensify The Importance Of Faithfulness

1 Samuel 2:35 ‘’And I will raise me up a faithful priest, that shall do according to that which is in mine heart and in my mind: and I will build him a sure house; and he shall walk before mine anointed for ever.’’

Further Bible Explanation Of Faithfulness

Proverbs 14:5 ‘’A faithful witness will not lie: but a false witness will utter lies.’’

Proverbs 20:6 ‘’Most men will proclaim every one his own goodness: but a faithful man who can find?’’

Proverbs 11:13 ‘’A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter.’’

The we all have been waiting for.

Blessings Of Faithfulness

Proverbs 28:20 ‘’A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent.’’

Psalms 31:23 ‘’O love the LORD, all ye his saints: for the LORD preserveth the faithful…’’

Luke 12:36-44 ‘’And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately. Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them. And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants. And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through. Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not. Then Peter said unto him, Lord, speakest thou this parable unto us, or even to all? And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season? Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.’’

Luke 16:10-12 ‘’He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much. If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches? And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man's, who shall give you that which is your own?’’

Luke 19:12-26 ‘’He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return. And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come. But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us. And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading. Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds. And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities. And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds. And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities. And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin: For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow. And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow: Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury? And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds.  (And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.) For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.’’

Types Of Faith

Little faith - Much Faith

Weak Faith – Strong Faith

Summary

Where to apply our faithfulness

Faithfulness in our service in the house of God

Faithfulness with God’s ability

Faithfulness in specific assignments.

Faithfulness in the use of financial and material benefits the Lord has granted us.

Faithfulness in evangelizing the Word of God.

Faithfulness is a product of the human spirit and its in man’s nature to be faithful.

Get more messages to build up your christain faith at http://rhapsody-of-realities.blogspot.com

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the