Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:58:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Prescription Shop
| | |-+  A Mistake Corrected
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Mistake Corrected  (Read 701 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2012, 03:21:28 PM »

A Mistake Corrected
From Timeless Grace Gems
By James Smith

"It is time to seek the Lord!" Hosea 10:12

It is generally admitted, that the Lord should be sought; but it is as generally considered that it should be at some future period. Any time but the present — is the general idea. But this is a mistake, a gross mistake, a very dangerous mistake; for the opposite is the fact — and no time is like the present. The Lord should be sought by you, whose eye is now passing over this page.

Consider that He is . . .
        the author of your being;
        the source of happiness;
        the center of holiness;
        the giver of grace;
        and the judge of all.

You are at a distance from Him; you are in a state of estrangement from Him — but it is quite possible for you to find Him. He is not far from you. He has revealed himself in Jesus. You may find Him on the throne of grace. You will be admitted into his presence, if you go in the name, and plead the blood of Jesus. But seeking requires attention; it must be in faith, by prayer, with diligence.

Unless you think — you will not feel;
        unless you feel — you will not desire;
        unless you desire — you will not seek.

Without faith you will not find Him, for, "he who comes to God, must believe that He is; and that He is the rewarder of those who diligently seek Him."

It is time to seek the Lord — for none can seek Him too early. Youth has the greatest encouragement, for to such he says, "I love those who love me, and those who seek me early, shall find me." The young meet with the fewest obstacles. Many have delayed too long; the foolish virgins did; and multitudes, on their death-beds, have confessed and deplored this. Therefore, seek the Lord now, at once; before, "the evil days come, and the years draw near, wherein you shall fay, I have no pleasure in them." Seek now, while God invites you — while Jesus calls you — while ministers exhort and warn you — while the Spirit is promised you — and while space for repentance is given you. Soon the door may be shut. Soon the Lord may swear, "They shall not enter into my rest." Soon the Eternal may say, "Let him alone! Israel would have none of me, so I gave them up!"

Do you ask why we are so earnest with you, so anxious for you? Because we wish you to be wise — to be safe — to be holy — to be honorable — to be happy. And this can never be the case, unless you, "seek the Lord."

We consider God's right. He has a right to your heart, your love, and your service; but these he will not have, unless you "seek the Lord."

We are acquainted with your need. You need . . .
        the blood of Jesus to pardon you,
        the Spirit of God to sanctify you,
        the presence of God to cheer you, and
        the promises of God to support you.

But these you will never enjoy — unless you "seek the Lord."

We know the enmity, practice, and wicked design of Satan — that he is aiming to secure your damnation; and this he will effect — unless you, "seek the Lord."

We know the influence of the world, and the force of habit; and enter into the meaning of the prophet, "Let the Ethiopian change his skin, and the leopard his spots — then may they also do good who are accustomed to do evil." Therefore, we urge you, at once, to, "seek the Lord."

We sympathize with you, we feel love to you, we are deeply concerned for your salvation; and, therefore, we plead with you to, "seek the Lord."

"It is time to seek the Lord" — for . . .
        sickness may seize you;
        sin may harden you;
        Satan may blind you;
        error may deceive you;
        the world may bewitch you;
        death may arrest you; or
        God may give you up!

Not one moment beyond the present is secured to you. "Now is the accepted time. Behold, now is the day of salvation." Therefore, "seek the Lord while He may be found, call upon Him while He is near." Say not, "Go your way for this time, and when I have a convenient season I will send for you." No time is like the present. If present impressions are allowed to die away — they may never be revived! If this warning is slighted — another may not be sent. If this invitation is rejected — you may be given up to blindness and hardness of heart; and this testimony may witness against you at the last day!

PUBLIC DOMAIN - Permission is not required to reproduce this material.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the